• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

kithkin

Smash Champion
im cocky for a reason that reason beaing im the best in the world and trust me i dont need luck i've got PMS on my side :mad:
BAHAHAHA YOU SURE ARE FUNNY, LOOK AT THIS GUYS HES BEING ALL COCKY ITS HILARIOUS.

cockyness = bad idea. I wont punish you, but others will, and theres plenty of other people who can play peach here.

There are no girls on the internets.

**** or GTFO
Good ol' **** or gtfo, never fails.

but I think its a he who plays a she?

kithkin

Smash Champion
Hahaha, I'll take your word for it when you crush me.

I would note your postcount being less than 10... but maybe someone other than me should say that.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Well I'll welcome the challenge, Gaz. Nice to see so many quality smashers coming out of the wood-work in Calgary now.

We could certainly use another Peach player!

Oh, and don't listen to what kithkin says. Nobody with half a mind takes postcount as a serious measure of ones skill.

Edit-

Oh, guess I should confirm myself for the tourney!

kithkin

Smash Champion
We could certainly use another Peach player!

Oh, and don't listen to what kithkin says. Nobody with half a mind takes postcount as a serious measure of ones skill.
We certainly couldnt use it, but it is allowed.

oh and I dont take it as a measure to skill, but a measure as to you shouldnt be cocky in the only post you ever make.

yesterdaykid

Smash Rookie
You can change whenever you like, between matches, for counterpicks, etc.

besides, we're a very loose/friendly community, I mean whats this thing called banned stages? (thats not true, but hey, nobody really cares, we're not hounds.)

this just in, why is the quick reply box teeny.
Sorry Marth was just new i was a sheik user after ness, sorry kithkin i won't use Sheik though just ness for the tourny

oh and i need an address maybe some directions too....

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Please, use whatever character you want, whenever you want. Just because Brad posts every time someone so much as breathes in this thread doesn't mean that you have to pay attention to him.

Brad sorta has a point.
Let's not say thing we can't take back. gazthecrazy was obviously joking the entire time with his trashtalk.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Hai guys, just letting you know, I can't make it to this one.
That one really easy round will be missed by all XD

And hey my other Alex buddy, I'm getting a WiFi adapter in a couple days. So don't worry, you can still send me all those Pokemon you offered. Uh-huh uh-huh

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Ack, I've gotta retract my "confirmed" status.

Turns out that Sunday will be the ideal day to move.

Moving into my new house takes priority over a Smash Tourney (although not by much).

Sorry everyone.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
=[, have fun...

I think that I'm getting a ride to cast3 with my parents... so now we have 3 carpools from Calgary to there?
Who's lacking a ride that needs one? I think I can fit one more person

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Okay, we've got it figured out...

Chad will help provide rides for the nothern calgary
I will help with southern Calgary

Chad's ride so far has: Himself, Gary, Jeremy
My Ride so far: Myself, Riley, Brad

I dunno wtf Randall is doing with his guys.
Randall, Chris, and Mitchell?

Allan are you north or south?
and also, is there anyone more that wants to come / needs a ride?

DJT88

Smash Cadet
Thanks Chad!!

Gary and I weren't sure what we were doing for rides, I saw Gary on monday for a little smash and we were planning to drive there ourselves, but we both ended up being unable to drive so I don't think we could go to this tourny without you so thanks a lot. Now we just have to figure out where you live so we can meet you there, and we could help you out with all the stuff you're bringing too like tvs and such.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
There's not enough south anymore for North vs South =[
but we might have the invincable john on our side... who else is south?
Oh wait, we have allan [Paul too?] and Ricky. Neil is in Ontario now though =[

So we'd have something like

Riley
Brad
Me
Ricky [Probably wouldn't come]
John
Allan
Paul

vs

Randall
Mitchell
Chris
Chad
Gary
Jeremy
Dean
Kevin
That about right?

I kinda like this idea, it'd be fun =]

Punky

Smash Rookie
Okay, so the tournament is on the 12th?
Or the 13th?

I'm all confused now. :(

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
YES WE GET JOHN GO SOUTH
We should have this soon if we are so gary is still here for it

@punky Tournament is on the 12th, like he said they're pretty much always on the sunday

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
People make it sound like I'm hard to get a hold of! ;)

Phone me at 891-9713 and we'll figure things out. You too, Allan!

kithkin

Smash Champion
Its transit acessable, the directions should be somewhere, I dont know though... maybe chad still has em'?

and levi it would be more like this:

Riley
Brad
Levi
John
Allan

vs

Randall
Mitchell
Chad
Gary
Jeremy

Judging by whos most likly to show up. and if we have it it should be not the one on the 12th but maybe the one on the 26th, so me and chad can come? (only people I know who cant)

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Its transit acessable, the directions should be somewhere, I dont know though... maybe chad still has em'?
A little search pulled up this thread.
Not sure if that's helpful.

Interestingly enough, that post was made a day before Red Deer... kinda like this one.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Okay, so the tournament is on the 12th?
Or the 13th?

I'm all confused now. :(
All of the information is available in the tournament announcement post, but it's not uncommon for most of its contents to get more or less ignored. If you're ever having any concerns about the date or the time or the place, just consult the initial post; if the date ever changes for some reason, it will say so in that post--it's the be-all and end-all source for accurate bi-weekly info! :)

If you are unable to get a ride over here, let me know where you're coming from and I'd be happy to plot a transit route for ya!

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Randall have you ever considered having a round robin tournament? There's not too many people to make it impossible, it might be a fun change on a biweekly or two.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I have, yes and it's a good idea. None of the bi-weeklies have been up to my own satisfaction for a long time, really. I expected that I would be able to invest my full attention towards them after the leave of absence, but things are rarely as I expect them to be.

In fact, I also like the Swiss system of tournament play and would be interested to try that one of these days too. Might have to do a couple of trial runs at...melee's end!

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Would there be time for that? Would it just be a few people then?

The Swiss system is very confusing, I think it'd be hard to keep people following the bracket. It still sounds good though, do the swiss actually use it?

If you were to try a round robin would that be before melee's end or is it the same dealy as the swiss then [They're far less complicated so I thought maybe the dates of introduction would differ]?

P.S. I hate the tiny quick respond box, it's a pain in the ***

P.P.S. OMG WE COULD PLAY ROUND ROBIN BINGO

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
The Swiss system is very confusing, I think it'd be hard to keep people following the bracket. It still sounds good though, do the swiss actually use it?

If you were to try a round robin would that be before melee's end or is it the same dealy as the swiss then [They're far less complicated so I thought maybe the dates of introduction would differ]?
I don't think Swiss smashers use it, but I haven't done a lot of research into the Euro scene....yet.

I'm sure we'll do a Round Robin before December and probably even a Swiss tournament for kicks. I'm just totally overwhelmed with smash stuff in general lately, so I'm not too keen on setting dates and planning even more crap than I already am. In time, in time...

P.S. I hate the tiny quick respond box, it's a pain in the ***
Dear me, are you still using Internet Explorer? Dude, that's like buying Lord of the Rings on VHS....

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
more like pirating it with a camcorder for EVEN MORE SHAKY CAMERA ANGLES

Firefox never wants to auto log me in so just use IE for smashboards and firefox for everything else

Top Bottom