• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Jesse! You're alive! :)

Always good to know that the winds of Brawl are lifting the sails of smashers 'round the city. Some of you one or two-time tournament-goers (alas, in Melee, we hardly knew ye!) are bound to be crawling out of the woodwork over the next while.

Keep coming back here for news on the community side of things. That is, until I get set up at the other site and we never have to come back to this bush league smash camp that is SWF.

DJT88

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the info BlueBlueGlassMoon, my friend and I were trying to find somewhere to camp but we couldn't, until now that is!

BlueBlueGlassMoon

Smash Rookie
Hey Randall, nice to see things still moving along. Sorry I haven't been able to make it to any of the tourneys lately, the long drive + no car + laziness all add up. Me and Alex (Pibbers) have been playing smash a lot, but around us there's not many competitive people so it's always the same.. It's funny how we both started moving onto different characters, we learned a lot from the previous tourney (especially Peach, he hates it when I play as her or Sheik). He's moved from Falco and onto Marth.. We all love that nasty grab that's longer than Yoshi's tounge.. Anywho, we're still alive and kicking, itching to get Brawl just as much as you guys are :p.

I forgot to mention: You'll need to have pre-ordered there beforehand if you want to get a game at the midnight release. I'm not sure if they're still accepting pre-orders, but it's always worth a call. As for the difference between midnight and getting the game at 10 in the morning... That's 10 hours wasted, dude. :p

DJT88

Smash Cadet
why are you camping? pre order ftw
Brad already explained why:

getting the game as early as possible fool.
Why do you care if I camp or not Allan? I just want to get the game at midnight so my friend and I can pull an all-nighter with the game. I've done all my homework so I could have the weekend off to smash, so I want to spend as much time as possible playing. I mean, waiting till march was pretty painful, and I guess I just want more than you, lol j/k ;) but not really.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Can I come too???....

I've already pre-paied for my copy at my local EB games, but they're not doing a midnight release.
I'll still be happy to camp it out wherever you guys are at, though.

I can always swing by when my store opens and pick it up later.

As for my plans....

I'll be enjoying the game myself on Sunday, but on Monday and Tuesday, I'll be opening my house to anyone who wants to come over. You can stay the night if you wish. Sho already has called the bed, so perhaps sleeping bags would be prudent if you want to stay.

57 Martinridge Way NE.

You can take the LRT to the McKnight/Westwinds station and jump on the 51 bus... it'll take you right by my house. Or you can just walk, it's not far from the train station.

200-4484 if you need more details.

I'll only have one Wii, but we have 4 TVs if anyone wants to bring their copy of Smash.

Let me know if you're coming! (but dropping by unannounced is cool too)

DJT88

Smash Cadet
Can I come too???....

I've already pre-paied for my copy at my local EB games, but they're not doing a midnight release.
I'll still be happy to camp it out wherever you guys are at, though.
Of course you can come Chad! I just have to figure out what's going on for sure, because my brother just went to the EB in northland and he said they might do it (they'll know for sure tomorrow). But if you pre-ordered it, are you still going to buy a copy with us or just camp? We're probably going somewhere to play afterwards and you're more than welcome to join us then too :). If I have free time next week I'll definitely drop by, but chances are slim since I still have two midterms and a bunch of labs left :(.

JAPMAN

Smash Journeyman
Of course you can come Chad! I just have to figure out what's going on for sure, because my brother just went to the EB in northland and he said they might do it (they'll know for sure tomorrow). But if you pre-ordered it, are you still going to buy a copy with us or just camp? We're probably going somewhere to play afterwards and you're more than welcome to join us then too :). If I have free time next week I'll definitely drop by, but chances are slim since I still have two midterms and a bunch of labs left :(.
Is Northland mall the one right in/beside Dalhousie, just a shortways away from the train station? If it is, I'll definatley camp with you guys, i plan on pulling an all-nighter on that night, go to school,then go to chads house, play some more, then sleep like 5 hours and go to school again, go back to Chads, play some more then go home on tuesday night

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
I think you're referring to the Dalhousie strip mall Sho. Northland is kinda on where Crowfoot and Shaganappi intersect, on the northeast side.

That's pretty hardcore Jer, camping out and pulling an all-nighter for brawl. Well, I guess I did get Evan's wii modded just for brawl... but I didn't stay up all night playing it (only till 2 or something).

JAPMAN

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i took a look at a map, and northland mall is right after the strip mall your looking at. Northland mall happens to be the location where i had pre-ordered my brawl along time ago.

If its northhill center, thats almost by SAIT.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I may have to take Chad up on the offer, depends on my work situation. This might be my last week, but they said they might be willing to keep me for another one. Eh, I'll try to contact you over MSN if I am going.

Either way, pretty much 2 days left. Friday, and Saturday. =D

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Yah, my intention was just to hang out with you guys and camp at the store. I won't be buying two copies.
I wouldn't mind playing a few rounds with you guys too!

kithkin

Smash Champion
Guys Guys Guys Guys Guys.

Guess what.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Also, Gary (this is actually to everyone) Am I the only one who camped out for the wii?

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Guess I should call around and see if any stores near me (read: in the south) are doing a midnight launch. Since getting the game a bit early fell through for me, I have to buy it at a brick and mortar shop now. I'm not worried about getting a copy, but I'd like to get one at midnight if I can.

Any official word on other EBs... like the one in Southcenter, maybe?

Also, I camped out for a Wii.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Ah, southcentre confirmed for early, but not midnight.

Chinook confirmed for no early or anything.

lets se... deerfoot meadows confirmed for not early.

thats all I know

edit: I <3 you Ricky, camping out is the way to do it.

JAPMAN

Smash Journeyman
I didn't camp out for a wii, but ironically, exactly 1 year ago, brawl was rumored to come out in March, which is why i bought one to begin with.

EDIT: The EB at northland is just doing an ordinary release at 11 am tomorrow.

DJT88

Smash Cadet
Hey Levi, my friend and I went to the deerfoot walmart at 11:30 and they had 20 copies of brawl there. I couldn't get one for you because they said it was only one per customer :( sorry. Brawl is freaking awesome! I just got home from my friend's house and it's 4:00am, so if you see this Chad I won't be seeing you at EB tomorrow, hopefully I'll see you monday or tuesday.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Surprised there's no one talking about it in here. Oh well, maybe they're all still playing Melee. ;)

DJT88

Smash Cadet
l love brawl, I haven't touched melee since I got brawl. The only reason I haven't discussed brawl is because:
1) I don't post that often in the first place
2) I spend all my free time playing brawl (since I'm busy most of the time now, it's midterm season after all :(. You know what I'm talking about right Ricky ;), being a T.A. and all )
3) Smashboards has been experiencing a lot of downtime lately.

BTW I need some brawl numbers, all I can do right now is play "with anyone", and the lag is ridiculous. My Brawl # is: 0516 6944 1409.

Hopefully I'll get to smash with some of you guys soon, maybe before Carl's tournament so that Calgary can at least have a chance, unlike in melee :mad: *waves fist*.

kithkin

Smash Champion
That reminds me, Jeremy and anyone who hasn't, add my new e-mail (Kithsune@gmail.com)

My FC is: 2320-5866-2976

Jeremy I'll add you next time I play, my connections sometimes great sometimes bad.

Oh, and anyone wanna give me a ride to that tournament?

Stevo

Smash Champion
here is my random guess at the tiers (it will prolly be wrong but who cares!)

Marth
Toon

High
pkm trainer
Shelda
Ike
Ice climbers (if metagame makes it impossible for them to get grabs, they get booted)
Luigi ( overall he's good, up b pushes him up to high tier for me)

Mid
the rest

suck
Jigglypuff (she cant do **** no more)
Falcon (see above)

Not taken into consideration
Olimar (he could be best or worst, I have no idea)

none of the starfox team impresses me enough to warrant being one of the top.
Marth is good, I could be wrong here, but best char seems like a possibility
toon link = projectiles and combos. His ability to short hop double arrow is pimp.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Brawl Code: 1805-1849-3148

Let's Brawl!

.. and I totally agree with Toon Link being in the top tier. I've having a crap-tonne of fun with him. Awesome spam, good combos, kill moves... Link is back!

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
The Pro Impact Players are currently cracking panels on the Challenges board. In the first 48 hours that we owned the game, 33 of them were logged playing Brawl.

Subspace Emissary outprioritizes the Brawls so far, but there is a friend code. But, uh....I don't know what it is and I'm too lazy to go turn on the Wii again. Further details to come.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
BRAWL FC 3308-4254-0702

subspace got boring after the first try on very hard. so i never tried it again.

also selling brand new wii for 320. comes with need for speed carbon.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
My Brawl FC is 2492 3803 4146. Though I'm not sure how much I'll be playing online until the network issues clear up.

kithkin

Smash Champion
320? isnt that UP pricing?

In any case, Add me up guys

Oh and anyone hosting/wanna play tommorow (sunday)?

Cause I really want to, and as of right now I want to smash

Top Bottom