• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Question

Corigames

Smash Hero
If you beat someone, and you parade around flaunting off what you just did, what Johns can the losing person use?

I thought it was none, but I could be wrong.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Pro question? =\ Ah well.

Hm. I don't think there's any "decent" Johns the loser can use..other than insults. Just GG and rematch.

NF Alex

Smash Journeyman
Just tell the winning person to stop being an *sshole, I guess. The person's attitude doesn;t really have anything to do with the match itself, so there's no point in johning.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Compare him to a better player in the area. Yeah, sure, he kicked your butt, but so-and-so can just as easily kick your butt.

Of course... if someone normally beats you, then you beat them hard like, say, 4 stock them, I think you too would want to tell everyone you could of your accomplishment; even if it involves going downstairs, flicking on and off the lights, and waking up said people to tell them.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
"I wasn't trying" would be a good "john" for the loser. Then you simply say "neither was I".

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dont say anything at all. Get up and walk away. A john is not worth it for the loser. makes them feel even better for winning the match. I know people like that and been through it and thats what I do. Sore winners or ones who talk behind your back about it are the worst.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Laugh. They are trying to make you mad at that point, but you are more mature, just ignore, or laugh, they will get the message, if not, wobble them :p

NinjaRooster

Smash Cadet
You can do what my friends do: blame my victory and their defeat on my awesome edgeguarding/Marth skills.

seriously, just don't play with people who act like that when they win. Don't give them the satisfaction of getting to gloat when they win and you lose.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
wonderful! you can always count on the following:

1) cold fingers
2) global warming
3) your controller was shipped from new jersey

if all of the above fails, consult your physician.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
-cheap kill
-it was close
-wow. you won a ****ing game. good for you.
-even though we made bets, we didn't shake on it.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Not really a john, but...

You say, "Ok, now it's time for some serious business." Then rip off your pants revealing you wearing John Stockton shorts, rec specs, and a white shirt with Business Time by Flight of the Conchords playing in the background.

Top Bottom