• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pro

Lord Chair

Smash Master
When MK rolls behind you, what do you do?

Shield? Your shield gets drained every second.

Spotdodge? You get grabbed on reaction.

Roll? He grabs your roll on reaction.

Nair? He just upbs that ****.

Jump? Icky at times, dangerous to do too often.

MIXUP: Jab away from MK so it auto-spaces out of his grab range. He can't punish on reaction when he's shielding, only if he decides not to shield.

k.

Brought to you by Europe, thank me later.

PS: Don't use fsmash instead, that's what an idiot would do.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
When MK rolls behind you, what do you do?

Shield? Your shield gets drained every second.

Spotdodge? You get grabbed on reaction.

Roll? He grabs your roll on reaction.

Nair? He just upbs that ****.

Jump? Icky at times, dangerous to do too often.

MIXUP: Jab away from MK so it auto-spaces out of his grab range. He can't punish on reaction when he's shielding, only if he decides not to shield.

k.

Brought to you by Europe, thank me later.

Or he just does the nair style thingy

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman

why do you call me an idiot > : D

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
or you could just use D Smash. The WEAK HIT does 10% this move is so broken. Weak hit of Mk's Nair only does 7% therefore Wario's D Smash > Mk's Nair

or use Up B, F smash or U smash

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I didn't know what bamboozling is so I used the best dictionary on the net to help me.

1. Bamboozling 50 up, 37 down
The sometimes sexual, always hilarious act of taking a dump in ones mouth, and duct taping it shut on them.
Dann: I Bamboozled this girl last night
Jon: You goof

Lord Chair

Smash Master
And that's why you use Wiktionary and not Urbandictionary:

Verb

bamboozle (third-person singular simple present bamboozles, present participle bamboozling, simple past and past participle bamboozled)

(informal) To con, defraud, trick, to make a fool of, to humbug or impose on someone.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Well he said it's some sort of mixup, I guess MKs out of habit would try and punish you if you jab?

My best guess? ._.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Obviously you won't cross stages faster using jab>jab>repeat, don't be ridiculous.

In the short term, however, jabbing is a faster means of travelling that short distance out of grab range. Also, if you'd dash you're limited to your options out of dash which are fairly limited.

If you want you can do a BDACUS but that's more like ololol ima give up all stage control. Viable option though please go ahead and try it.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Kaffei please explain what is going on here to me before I call in the Internet Smash Police to take care of this ridiculousness
so basically he's saying that when mk rolls behind u, if you read or react to the roll the safest option is jab because it moves wario forwards and out of his grab range

but mk can just nado or up B or dash grab or dtilt. dtilt is super super safe wario has like no options

so i dont think this is very safe lol

*shrug*

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
While staggering more often than not has a positive connotation, due to the lack of punctuation it's easy to see Lord Chair, or "Stoeltje", as we call him, isn't satisfied with Kaffei's post.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
guys.
guys.
how about
guys, no, guys.
How about
we pull out our...BIKE
....when MK dodges.
Wario:1
MK:-1

Kaffei

Smash Hero
just...full hop > airdodge away from him?
If I recall correctly, it takes 7 frames for Wario to get off the ground once you press Jump, and another 4 frames for Wario to receive invincibility from his air dodge.. So that's 11 frames? Which is longer compared to 6 frame jab... But considering human error, I guess it's a viable option.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i guess its a good find that u can jab to get out of mk's grab range, but what if u just:

Offensive: dash attack towards him leading up to an upsmash if he shields?

B reverse bite?

Dash forward and boost pivot grab?

dsmash? Multi hitting move first hit on frame.. 5ithnk.. Which IS behind wario..

UPBBBBBBBBBB!!

Defensive:

Dash forward boost pivot grab

F all of our dodges in this situation...

Bike away? (gives up stage control?)

Dacus away?

For real.. Mk can punish everything we do there is no 100% safe option.. Its just luck.. Everythng that we do, mk can punish. So just pick one and hope he didnt expect it, or just pick one like bikeing away, so u dont get hit (bike absorbes damage hell yeah) and give up a little stage control.. Its ur fault for not punishing mk's roll in the first place so kudos to him for doing somethng that was unexpected or a really good option. Alot of it has to do with human error like kaf. Said.. No point in counting frames. Isnt it always just best to reset urself anyway against mk, instead of doing somethng stupid and getting punished?

No point in arguing about this.

:phone:

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Lol at dsmash
if you miss you'll get half charged dsmash in the face >_>
I'd rather go for a grab than charge a dsmash (unless the wario is in kill %)
Wario lives long so keeping dsmash fresh is important imo

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Lol at dsmash
if you miss you'll get half charged dsmash in the face >_>
dont laugh at wario's dance moves.. its pretty good sometimes. no lie.

it might just be good in that situation just because the first hitbox is fast and comes out behind him.. and easy to input so button pressing isnt a problem V C

SAX

Smash Ace
That's another thing an idiot would do. Good point.
UpB OOS isn't actually that bad. If your opponent can't DI it consistantly, then your getting away with like 15% of damage, and you can get away everytime. I do this alot when getting tech chased by snake's. They never expect it.

It's still not the best option. Just a good mix up.

And if mk rolls behind you just turn around and grab or b-reverse a bite.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
ITT: people who dont understand how retardedly fast a 22 frame roll is

upb is a terrible mixup that only works against the most ridiculous sort of scrub, i dont understand why people fail to recognize how a move with that much hitlag and that many hits is even remotely viable, regardless of how fast it is out of shield

Top Bottom