• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problem with Custom Songs [Solved]

Breakerwind

Smash Rookie
Yo.

Here's the thing: My Wii can't read brawl anymore, so I opted to run Project M thru that patched ISO.
So far so good, got it working. The main problem is that I can't, for the love of everything, get the custom songs to work.
I tried defragmenting the SD, and even moving all the files to one place and then putting them again. Both of those options failed.

Here's a pic of the strm folder or whatever and here's one of the root.

There are also some loc files in the wii folder that I don't remember seeing when I was putting songs, but I doubt those are causing the problem )unless they really are the source of the problem).
Am I doing something wrong? Is there any way for me to fix this?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Are they simply not working or are they 'glitching' during gameplay? If it's the later and you say defragmenting didn't work, you may need to free up some space on your card then try again. If the former, I'd wager that p:m is attempting to load the brstms from the default 'projectm>pf>sound>strm' folder instead of your modified setup directory.

Breakerwind

Smash Rookie
They're not working, Project M just loads the default songs.

So uh, do I need to do something special to get them to load?
The last time I tried putting custom songs was when Brawl+ was still a thing, so I don't really know how Project M works since I was away from this business from a long time.

EDIT
After looking here and there, I FINALLY found a solution.

Thank you Xermo for your help :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom