• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problems with Lucario

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I played a Lucario today and I simply lost to kills at like 90% from his aura. Would it be a better idea to not use someone like ROB who doesn't have many kill options other than gimping and use someone like Fox ( My secondary)?

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
ROB does fine vs. Lucario in terms of matchups. Fox doesn't. I think the ROB boards could better answer than us.

Flowbeat

Smash Cadet
woohoo a match up I know decently:

Lucario > rob in the air so luc will try and get you there usually, watch your underside I <3 juggling robs that are above me.

be careful using your u-airs because lucario's d-air beats it out I'm pretty sure, the ranges are pretty close though.

Try and shield grab badly spaced F-air approaches from lucario, if lucario doesn't space really well you can usually rip him outta the air.

On the ground I like to use f-smash a lot against rob because your tilts rock at batting us away.

Top own spheres so try and keep one out at all times.

I'm sure you know this already but camp camp camp you can out camp luc at long range all day long, be more careful at mid range because luc can keep up there.

watch out for full chage aura spheres when you laser, I usually just watch for robs head to **** back and punish.

ROBs up-smash owns luc's d-air so if the luc is d-air happy you can get easy kills there

Rember you have a reflector, even though it's pretty horrible you can still use it to punish long range full charge aura spheres, just be careful using it if luc is flinging them at you over the edge because I love watch rob's fall to their death when they use that move too low.

SAVE YOUR KILL MOVES (camping helps with this), don't let luc get to any sort of high percent or else he can dominate as you have seen.

moar later if I think of anything else

Timbers

check me out
Landing a killer on Luc is difficult. Your primary objective is to get him off the stage and bat him away until he's forced to ES (use laser, gyro fair to accomplish this) and then finish him off with a bair or nair.

ROB's defense is ridiculously lame to break through as Lucario, so try not to force offensive measures if you don't have to...counterpick Lylat, etc etc.

M@v

Subarashii!
Fox isnt THAT bad vs Lucario, 4:6 at the worst. Jumpman,. the key to fighting lucario is to not let his percent get too high. If you camp him when he is at 100%+, your asking for trouble. Correct me if Im wrong, but doesnt lucarios strength boost max out at 200% with double knockback on all of his moves?

PS: Jumpman do you use fox as a second because you saw my smexy fox in action? =P

Slasherx

Smash Ace
Lucario has many stall move.
Try shield-Grabs with ROB.
And always remembet to jack the cliff
when you kick Lucario off.
Cuz his recovery can't touch you, but he might wall-jump.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Fox isnt THAT bad vs Lucario, 4:6 at the worst. Jumpman,. the key to fighting lucario is to not let his percent get too high. If you camp him when he is at 100%+, your asking for trouble. Correct me if Im wrong, but doesnt lucarios strength boost max out at 200% with double knockback on all of his moves?

PS: Jumpman do you use fox as a second because you saw my smexy fox in action? =P
170% with 2.02x damage. We haven't looked into the knockback modifier much, though.

Luc is a real toughie if you let him live too long, so yeah, I guess you could say that people with hard to land KO moves/low kill potential are generally bad against him. However, a few, like ROB, Pikachu, Pit, Falco, etc. can get by this with their other strengths.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul

Heh, I've used Fox since the beginning of Brawl, before ROB.

Thanks everyone, I'll remember this next time I fight a Lucario.

Timbers

check me out
170% with 2.02x damage. We haven't looked into the knockback modifier much, though.

Luc is a real toughie if you let him live too long, so yeah, I guess you could say that people with hard to land KO moves/low kill potential are generally bad against him. However, a few, like ROB, Pikachu, Pit, Falco, etc. can get by this with their other strengths.
The characters that tend to struggle with Luc are the ones with range difficulties, not so much kill potential. It doesn't matter what percent Luc is at so long as you can control the field well.

and yeah no one really said that Fox was bad against Lucario, but ROB is the better pick over Fox I think.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
In the air, Lucario is better than ROB, which means that you would have to adapt and play a ground game.

Timbers

check me out
Depends. I think ROB is as capable in the air, if not more than, as Lucario. His airgame is used much more differently than Lucario though, as Luc's airgame is good for transitioning through aerial to ground, while ROB is strictly one or the other. ROB can wall with his aerials much better than Lucario though. ROB's blindspot is beneath him, while Luc has difficulty with anything behind/behind+above him.

Top Bottom