• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Do IVs and EVs apply in RBY?
To an extent. IVs are still there; just from 0-15 and are called DVs.

EVs are called stat experience. You can get 65535 in each stat, but there's no total limit (like the 510 one) so it's not that big a factor. The amount of stat exp gained is determined by the Pokemon's base stats.

Example:
Grimer gives:
80 HP
80 Attack
50 Defense
40 Special
[50 Special Defense]
25 Speed

Muk gives:
105 HP
105 Attack
75 Defense
65 Special
[100 Special Defense]
50 Speed

Mew gives:
100 in everything.

Just interesting to note.

If I'm the OT of a pokemon, if I trade it and get it back, do I still get the exp. boost?
No

supermarth64

Smash Ace
How do I make a poll? I need to ask you guys a few questions about analyses.

I would prefer it if be multiple options, not single options.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
How do I make a poll? I need to ask you guys a few questions about analyses.

I would prefer it if be multiple options, not single options.
You need to either be a mod or buy premium. :\

So that said, the other option is to just ask someone with modship or premium to make a poll for you.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I thought that you could just check the POLL option on there... well I haven't made a poll in months so I can't remember...

**** you greenies and your **** perks! :mad:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Or you could just ask someone with premium, like UltiMario or myself.

Writer knows, roacherwoman doesn't.

The 5th Horseman

Smash Ace
Well, it was April fools day. Every person in a social group had his/her name changed a different color along with a different title for lulz. I kept mine because I can edit my title, lol.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
lol. mostly I was just asking why "young jeezy"? I know you moderation staff did this because of april fool's day :p

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Last year, words were automatically changed. Smash changed to Halo, stock to time, landmaster to LANDMASTER!!!, ect.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Heard it was done last year but it's still hilarious.

-Terywj
Only last year's was like CRAZY better. Not even joking. Anyone who remembers what all went down last year knows it was like 10x better.

Mewter

Smash Master
People's titles were changing, random things were happening, every moderator was a different "mic_###". Stuff like that. :)

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Yo guys, I'm new to Pokemon and I was just wondering some stuff.

1) When your EV training your pokemon: Your in battle with a Zubat, you switch out your current pokemon and kill the zubat with the pokemon you switched to. Do both of the pokemon get the 1 Speed EV or just the pokemon that killed it? And is that the same when it comes to Exp. Share?

2) Is Froslass a bad pokemon? Who would be able to replace her if she is??

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
EVs are given to all who gain experience. Using your example, when you kill a Zubat, the poke you started with, the poke you switched to, and the poke with EXP Share (if there is one) each get 1 speed EV.

As for Froslass, it depends on your team, the role you want her to play, and her build (item, moveset, EVs)

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
EVs are given to all who gain experience. Using your example, when you kill a Zubat, the poke you started with, the poke you switched to, and the poke with EXP Share (if there is one) each get 1 speed EV.
Okay, so say you didn't want that EV for one of your pokemon, as it would mess up their build. Is the only way not to gain that EV to run??

And also, do you gain EV's in Trainer battles?

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
You get EVs from all battles.

The only way to keep a poke from getting the wrong EVs is to make sure it doesn't get experience points from the battle. With wild battles, you can run, otherwise make sure it doesn't take part. If it has an EXP Share and you can't run, then you'll have to feed the poke one of the EV reducing berries (pomeg for HP, kelpsy for atk, qualot for def, hondew for sp. atk, grepa for sp. def, tomato for spe)

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
You get EVs from all battles.

The only way to keep a poke from getting the wrong EVs is to make sure it doesn't get experience points from the battle. With wild battles, you can run, otherwise make sure it doesn't take part. If it has an EXP Share and you can't run, then you'll have to feed the poke one of the EV reducing berries (pomeg for HP, kelpsy for atk, qualot for def, hondew for sp. atk, grepa for sp. def, tomato for spe)
Alright, so you said the only way to keep a pokemon from gettin the wrong EVs is to not get EXP. So, if I was in a trainer battle, could I let that one pokemon die?

Also, thanks for the help.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
That would work as well.

I forgot about letting the poke die because my pokes usually don't die, and when they do, I usually need them, and revive them immediately.

The 5th Horseman

Smash Ace
Alright, so you said the only way to keep a pokemon from gettin the wrong EVs is to not get EXP. So, if I was in a trainer battle, could I let that one pokemon die?

Also, thanks for the help.
Just don't send your pokemon out unless you're at a point where you can EV train (Or have it 1st on your list for that matter.) I would also recommend getting a poke with pokerus along with the EV boosting items (Power items).

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Just don't send your pokemon out unless you're at a point where you can EV train (Or have it 1st on your list for that matter.) I would also recommend getting a poke with pokerus along with the EV boosting items (Power items).
Yeah. None of my pokemon have Pokerus though D:

I've already beat the game (beat the elite 4, I'm playing Diamond atm) But all my pokemon suck and aren't EV trained. So I'm breeding all my pokemon again and starting them from ~lvl 1.

Marthmaster800

Smash Apprentice
My Eevee made loads of eggs with a Ditto, and I'm carrying two. How do I get them to hatch?

(I have ... 9 Eevee eggs)

-Mars

The 5th Horseman

Smash Ace
Yeah. None of my pokemon have Pokerus though D:

I've already beat the game (beat the elite 4, I'm playing Diamond atm) But all my pokemon suck and aren't EV trained. So I'm breeding all my pokemon again and starting them from ~lvl 1.
Would you like one? I'd be glad to help, lol.

Top Bottom