• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Toxic Spikes. Lead or early-game?

Roserade is able to set up Toxic Spikes at the beginning of the game to guarantee poison on your opponent's non-lead Pokémon. However, certain leads like Infernape are able to prevent her from setting up Toxic Spikes, possibly costing you the game if you don't switch.
Forretress and Tentacruel can set up Toxic Spikes early-game, but if your opponent has many Pokemon that hit you super-effectively, it can be difficult to switch in.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Drapion and Nidoqueen are underrated toxic spikers imo. Nidoqueen has really good physical bulk and can also run fire blast to at least hurt spikers that come in like skarm and forrey, whereas Drapion, while also having good physical bulk, also has nice speed to go along with it and can run taunt to allow setup vs. quite a few walls. Yeah, they're both weak to earthquake, but that can be easily compensated for :)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Anyone care to answer a question for me?

In the Safari zone, I want a Shuppet. It only appears after 20 days though. I know it's been 20 days since the release of the game so I've been looking and found nothing. Do I need Baoba to call me about more pokemon taking up residence there or should I just keep looking?

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo

In the Safari zone, I want a Shuppet. It only appears after 20 days though. I know it's been 20 days since the release of the game so I've been looking and found nothing. Do I need Baoba to call me about more pokemon taking up residence there or should I just keep looking?
did you GET the game at release
also 20 DAY ANNIVERSARY W00T
Happy 20 day anniversary HG/SS

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455

You have to have the blocks that make Shuppet appear in the Safari Zone for 20 days.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
What really?

That is EXTREMELY ********. I swear Game Freak did that just to screw us over :mad:

Also, how did I get a Seedot if I placed the items and its only supposed to appear after 10 days?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You must have unknowingly had them in there for 10 days?

Time flies.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Toxic Spikes. Lead or early-game?

Roserade is able to set up Toxic Spikes at the beginning of the game to guarantee poison on your opponent's non-lead Pokémon. However, certain leads like Infernape are able to prevent her from setting up Toxic Spikes, possibly costing you the game if you don't switch.
Forretress and Tentacruel can set up Toxic Spikes early-game, but if your opponent has many Pokemon that hit you super-effectively, it can be difficult to switch in.
Hay guise what's going on this thread

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
@annoying: lovin' that cavestory sig!

Do the levels in which you gain your EVs affect IV calculations? For example, lets say I have a level 49 Pokemon. If I gain all my EVs in that level then level up, will it's stats be the same as a Pokemon who has gained all their EVs from 1-19 and then leveling to 50?

In the battle frontier, if I reset the EVs of a lv51 Pokemon and EV train it, will its stats show in a Lv50 battle frontier game?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
If you've wiped the EV's of it completely, then I think it would display the stats as if it were missing the one level? I'm not too sure.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Orly: Yes, the EVs will be the same.
Yes, the Pokemon will be treated as it got all the EVs at level 50.

Annoying: It really all depends on the team. If TSpikes is absolutely crucial to a team I'd really recommend going Early game, and not risk your entire team on the effectiveness of a lead.

Mewter

Smash Master
Do the levels in which you gain your EVs affect IV calculations? For example, lets say I have a level 49 Pokemon. If I gain all my EVs in that level then level up, will it's stats be the same as a Pokemon who has gained all their EVs from 1-19 and then leveling to 50?
Hey, 0rly!

The EV's are just additional points that build on top of the stats the Pokemon already has. It won't make a difference.
It'll be the same.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Anybody care to suggest a team for me to fill up?

I have as permanent:

Typhlosion
Celebi

I'm considering:

Scizor (lol yes with bullet punch)
Lucario (I'm meh)
Breloom (most likely add it on my team)

What should I add for the next 4 slots? I'm not basing it on competitiveness, I'm just basing on awesomeness

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
D: Munchlax is rediculously hard to find in Diamond.

Also, I want a Ambipom with say...taunt. But it doesn't learn it on leveling up. How am I supposed to get it through breeding?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend

I have as permanent:

Typhlosion
Celebi

I'm considering:

Lucario (I'm meh)

What should I add for the next 4 slots? I'm not basing it on competitiveness, I'm just basing on awesomeness
Dunsparce
Farfetch'd
Spinda
Kakuna

Lots of awesome right there.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo

I have as permanent:

Typhlosion
Celebi

I'm considering:

Lucario (I'm meh)

needs moar red gyrados and sudowoodo.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Nyeh, red Gyarados is not special and Sudowoodo... I think it's meh.

Any suggestions for pokemon that would at least have SOME use in battle (aside from gyarados being a good lead... I think)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Can be any water pokemon, I'd just like suggestions.

The only reason why I have a Blastoise with surf and what not is because I'm training him and he happens to be the only one who can learn surf in my current team :p

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hmmm... I like where you're going there.

I think Ima add a Poliwrath to my team.

Current team:

Celebi
Typhlosion
Breloom

Getting:

Poliwrath

Standby:

Lucario

Any ideas what to fill up the last 2 slots with?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Lets see:

I have a Misdreavus that I might evolve to Mismagious. I have a Gengar that I've never really liked. I'm working on Shuppet from the Safari Zone... I think I might go with Mismagius on that one, but I'll wait and see

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Any suggestions for my team?

Typhlosion
Stanler(shiny)
Lugia
are musts
I need to be able to use all hms and haz an eppic team :)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
We can't really help you pick favorites if we don't know what your likes and dislikes are.

-Terywj
I'm not basing it on my tastes. The reason why I said that I have a Gengar that I never really liked was because I really don't like that specific Gengar. Has crappy moves and I only use it when i need to capture a roaming pokemon. It needs to have SOME practicallity in a team. I mean I don't want my team to be grade F pokemon like Dunsparce, but if someone suggests I'll most likely consider it unless I've already tried it out.

Also charmander, put a charmander in there for the love of god. You are obsessed with it and you haven't even considered it?

Or put a **** Scizor with Bullet Punch in there

/10inbeforeterysaysIdon'twannabegaybylearningbulletpunches

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I think I'll put Mismagius as my Gengar is extremely useless.

Now to fill up that last slot. I think it will be Scizor, but I'm not too sure. I think I'm gonna need a flyer though. I will NOT put Togekiss if you suggest it. I have my reasons

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Any suggestions for my team?

Typhlosion
Stanler(shiny)
Lugia
are musts
I need to be able to use all hms and haz an eppic team :)
Typhlosion (Scarf lead)
Stantler (support)
Lugia (wall)
Arceus (Swords Dance ExtremeSpeed sweeper)
Rayquaza (Swords Dance sweeper)
Kyogre (Choice Specs)

There you go.

Top Bottom