• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U professional killer instinct and mkx player

d3adlykansas

Smash Rookie
I'm always looking at smash and I'm so confused on the frame data and neutral compared to mkx and killer instinct. anybody willing to help me out and tell me like the deep strategies that make games like smash so much different for me to play than any other fighting game?

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
I'm always looking at smash and I'm so confused on the frame data and neutral compared to mkx and killer instinct. anybody willing to help me out and tell me like the deep strategies that make games like smash so much different for me to play than any other fighting game?
One thing you need to know off the bat is since shielding (This game's version of blocking) is god-like for a variety of reasons, matches tend to be very neutral-heavy. So you're going to need to take into account what options your characters movement options and their move's frame-data, range, damage amount, spacing potential, etc...
So playing footsies, mix-ups, baiting or (if can) pressuring their shield is a starting point when playing neutral.
Though this game contains a lot of wacky characters who may play neutral vastly different ways.

I hope this was some help to you.

Last edited:

d3adlykansas

Smash Rookie
One thing you need to know off the bat is since shielding (This game's version of blocking) is god-like for a variety of reasons, matches tend to be very neutral-heavy. So you're going to need to take into account what options your characters movement options and their move's frame-data, range, damage amount, spacing potential, etc...
So playing footsies, mix-ups, baiting or (if can) pressuring their shield is a starting point when playing neutral.
Though this game contains a lot of wacky characters who may play neutral vastly different ways.

I hope this was some help to you.

Top Bottom