• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Professor's Notes - A Guide to Being Super Effective With Pokémon Trainer

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
OMG! It's Fearmy! He's alive! I thought you were chilling in the Bermuda Triangle with Elvis, Tupac, Amelia Earhart, Bigfoot, and the Loch Ness Monster!

Fearmy

Smash Ace
no there is a very awesome game i've been playing called metroid prime trilogy :) and yeah go ahead and use the crap from the AT list, it's old and dirty, and i don't wanna update it :(

Also Reflex, for Squirtle Grab Release -> Jab doesn't really work on luigi, unless you do something else :/

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Also, is charizard's Zero Death still popular now days? if it is, might as well put it on there :)

Fearmy

Smash Ace
it went something like

Back Throw -> Forward Throw -> Spike or Fair.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Oh, that. It's not really a 0-death, though it can work at 0%. It's not popular in that form, just get your opponent offstage and spike 'em. Yeah, we still do that.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
it went something like

Back Throw -> Forward Throw -> Spike or Fair.
I do Back-Throw -> Forward-Air on Marth to see if he's a scrub or not. It does work on everyone in general as long as you predict the double-jump. This is very fun to do, and anything that makes it easy to pick apart weaker players gets a big thumbs-up from Reflex.

EDIT: I added a bit to the guide. Not much, but I've had some issues in the last few days, which is why there hasn't been much. I'll probably be adding a lot more quite soon.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i had a dream last night that reflex called me out and i was shunned from the pokemon trainer community

dead serious

<3 reflex

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Curses, I've been swamped with schoolwork and stuff. I've had seven hours of sleep in the last three days.

I'm going to fix this up, I promise. :(

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I have alot of time on my hands usually and I'd love to help but there are a couple of problems:

1) I too have alot of **** going on right now with school and domestic things that would prevent me from helping

2) I don't really know what you would want and how and do it in the Professional ReflexWonder way (your way to abbreviate).

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Yea **** I got angry at first over the smash season being over but now I understand why. School takes an enormus dump on smash for me and me being on SWF constantly has done nothing besides restrrict my attention.

I = idiot...... :/

Bomber7

Smash Hero
"Life" mentally drains my energy and motivation. Updating my thread is basically pulling that update from my ***.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Daaaaang, called out. Too bad it's "Giovanni," Bomber. :p

On topic, I did backthrow to fair on a Marth the other day. Oh yesssss.
Excuse me for my spelling (not my forte)

on topic: I've said it a million times. Watergun is effective against air (fair) happy marths, because you don't want a head on air battle with them (which you will lose to his ****/rapier) watergun lags him enough to throw in a good fair/ other something of your own.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Ivysaur with opponent at 0%

D-throw ---> vine whip (up-b)

instant 23% if its not dodged

Some things to add to Bullet Seed is that it goes great with N-air. N-air and land behind your opponent if they shield or land right in the middle of them if they don't and then bullet seed. And if you actually let go of bullet seed while the opponent is still trying to DI out you can land a f-tilt.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Only time d throw up B works is if you honestly get them to air dodge and move forward just a little LOL.

its more of a mindgame than a combo.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Even so, predicting the dodge after a dthrow and punishing with fair or uair (or usmash if they dodge closer to the ground)
Dthrow>vinewhip shouldn't happen. Only true use it has is to find out whether your opponent is inexperienced in the MU or not.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Hear that kids?

That's the sound of Vermy being right.

Again.

God I'm a cocky S.O.B.
I think I'm ok with it. ^.^

Ivy's dsmash makes me angry.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
LOL vermy the one use for Ivy's D-smash is for gimping up-bing IC's

try it out one time and youll only wanna use it then just because seeing a move have only one real use where its EXTREMELY effective is hysterical!

Kith

Smash Ace
LOL vermy the one use for Ivy's D-smash is for gimping up-bing IC's

try it out one time and youll only wanna use it then just because seeing a move have only one real use where its EXTREMELY effective is hysterical!
lol I have to try that...

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I never said it wasn't easy to dodge. I just pointed it out because its a fun thing to use. Just like with the dsmash your talking about

CoonTail

Smash Lord
- Mahgnittoc
Well honestly man the d-smash thing is ridiculously situational figuring there are very few times an IC's wont be on the stage against Ivy LOL. Its also funny because D-smash for Ivy is a ludoucrisly aweful move so the fact that theres literally only one situation in brawl as a whole where you can use it that effectively is what makes it worth noting.

But the thing is that people arent trying to be mean just better player's see Up-b out of down throw coming from a mile away figuring it was found out so early in brawl thats all so go on ahead and mix it in but be warned that it most likely wont hit a better player.

-Kith, its honestly is amazing tho it smacks popo as nana grabs the edge, so that popo has one option more or less thats die. Nana hangs on like the silly biatch she is and leaves popo to up-b or just fall to his death. Honestly watching an IC's player's face after this is amazing because EVERYONE knows how bad D-smash is and the fact that its that effective against IC's is just random :p

Kith

Smash Ace
lol I've never thought to do that, and there is an Ice Climbers main at FIU. I gotta figure out how to get em off the ledge as Ivysaur....

I know..D-throw as squirtle to switch! :-P

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Try it out man because honestly youll cry to find out that D-smash not only has a use(extremely limited it may be), but one that works that effectively is just too much to handle.

A friend of mine PGN plays a good IC's and when I did this he literally dropped his controller.

Kith

Smash Ace
lol I want to have that effect on that IC player at FIU. It's gotten so bad that whenever I accidentally do a D-smash as Ivysaur, everybody in the room's like "What the hell was that?" lol. I want to finally use it with purpose

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
jnkljlkfv

I know you're not being mean but im just throwing that out there. You never know when someone might slip up.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I know this thread's OP will eventually be updated in all good time but, I can't help but have that feint felling that something is missing. I know it's important to know frame data and match ups as well as attack data but there is just something that seems missing. I don't know, it could just be me lol.

Top Bottom