• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project BlazBrawl Consoliditation Topic. - Project Ragna has resumed, Tager Next.

humble

Smash Ace
I support this necro and would love to help any way I can.

Just curious, but does anyone know how D3's waddles and etc. are coded? Are they specific to him?

My idea was that seeing how integral Rachel's summons are to her play, you could vertex the waddles to look like the frog, pumpkin, and canon shot. Waddle Dee becomes frog, waddle doo becomes pumpkin, gordo becomes canon shot, Down-B creates a Waddle Dee, which moves forward and zaps on contact (like how it used to jump, just change its action from jump to activate electricity, and have it disappear after it does so) waddle doo is changed from walking forward to hovering in place and drifting, and it hits on contact, summoned with side-B. Neutral-B spawns a Gordo, which flys forward on an arc, with a hitbox, and when it lands it creates a large lightning hitbox and disappears. Up-B spawns a really massive windbox, larger then the entire stage, and it effects both rachel and anything else. Depending on the direction inputted, the wind blows that way, like lucarios directional extreme speed. Obviously it'd be good to have it affect the summoned waddle-doo/pumpkins, so that it is used like in game.

If the waddles are character specific, you could port peaches model onto D3 and then port the PSA and Motion file by file, which while painstaking would allow for a more complete character.

Which theoretically would maybe help with the problem of Litchi over ZSS and her file size, as if you ported ZSS's model onto another character, say Luigi or whatnot, then you could have the model and an actual workable filesize.

Of course, I'm not sure if this would work or not, as I'm just doing guesswork.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
I support this necro and would love to help any way I can.

Just curious, but does anyone know how D3's waddles and etc. are coded? Are they specific to him?

My idea was that seeing how integral Rachel's summons are to her play, you could vertex the waddles to look like the frog, pumpkin, and canon shot. Waddle Dee becomes frog, waddle doo becomes pumpkin, gordo becomes canon shot, Down-B creates a Waddle Dee, which moves forward and zaps on contact (like how it used to jump, just change its action from jump to activate electricity, and have it disappear after it does so) waddle doo is changed from walking forward to hovering in place and drifting, and it hits on contact, summoned with side-B. Neutral-B spawns a Gordo, which flys forward on an arc, with a hitbox, and when it lands it creates a large lightning hitbox and disappears. Up-B spawns a really massive windbox, larger then the entire stage, and it effects both rachel and anything else. Depending on the direction inputted, the wind blows that way, like lucarios directional extreme speed. Obviously it'd be good to have it affect the summoned waddle-doo/pumpkins, so that it is used like in game.

If the waddles are character specific, you could port peaches model onto D3 and then port the PSA and Motion file by file, which while painstaking would allow for a more complete character.

Which theoretically would maybe help with the problem of Litchi over ZSS and her file size, as if you ported ZSS's model onto another character, say Luigi or whatnot, then you could have the model and an actual workable filesize.

Of course, I'm not sure if this would work or not, as I'm just doing guesswork.
. . . wat

Then there's definitely hope of salvaging the Litchi project if that's the case. I'll still have to start from scratch but I have about 20% of the thing already coded via a notepad. That means there's hope for finishing Project Litchi.

But before I jump the gun, I want to talk to Ryko and Kirk. I'm not going through another headache inducing journey alone, while those two sail along with no problems on Project Ragna.

tl;dr: I can probably resume Litchi after my newest project but I want to lay out everything before I do anything.

humble

Smash Ace
By the way, I support Nu over Zelda. Zelda has multiple bones for her skirt, so using transparencies you could make her skirt her swords, and as they have bones you could manipulate them and give them hitboxes.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
By the way, I support Nu over Zelda. Zelda has multiple bones for her skirt, so using transparencies you could make her skirt her swords, and as they have bones you could manipulate them and give them hitboxes.
However those bones don't make the swords "true" projectiles which is what I want. I think it's best to use Zelda's articles to handle that aspect. Someone already had a Nu Texture for Zelda earlier in this thread. Does anyone have that? I find it much easier to work with a character that looks like what I'm basing it off of.

Trying to think of a way to make Nu's "Deploying Field" command possible. Already know how to do pretty much every other one of her moves.

humble

Smash Ace
However those bones don't make the swords "true" projectiles which is what I want. I think it's best to use Zelda's articles to handle that aspect. Someone already had a Nu Texture for Zelda earlier in this thread. Does anyone have that? I find it much easier to work with a character that looks like what I'm basing it off of.

Trying to think of a way to make Nu's "Deploying Field" command possible. Already know how to do pretty much every other one of her moves.
Replace Naryu's love with a sword model, for projectiles.

Replace her Teleport model with Marth's entrance effect, then you have to look through PSA to see what kind of effects would give the result most similar to what you want. Downwards windbox, and some way to slow their running speed.

I meant her skirt would function well as the blade wings Nu has, which she uses in close range attacks. Like 6C.

Darkmega

Smash Apprentice
There wouldn't happen to be a sliver of a chance of having an ice climbers Carl clover texture just for the heck of it is there? Cause that would be a ticket for me to start using them a lot more. haha, and Tager for ganon sounds beastly. GENESIC! EMERALD, GANON, BUSTAAAA! XD

Nu on zelda I also second. how you'll get the swords working I got no idea, but if you guys can get it down well that'll be godly. lol

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
yes!!! kirk, you dont know how long Ive waited for this, time to resume my Jin and work on a few ideas for haku-men!

Darkmega

Smash Apprentice
Is there going to be a release of the new ragna soon? cause I'm itching to have a Jin 4.2 vs ragna (whatever version) with under heavens destruction going in the background. lol

and if only I was half decent at doing PSAs I'd throw in my 10 cents for doing a character... actually... who's doing Tager? Anyone? I've always wanted to do a decent ganon PSA/help with one...

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
Some starter ideas for Tager, his up grab up throw animation can be replaced with his "trophy stand" item up throw animation, and his gravity and speed should be greatly reduced

Darkmega

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Marth175 if you're the maker of jin you might want to look at Artic dungeon, cause when he starts it up he still dashes forward like a critical hit and if you cancel it you T pose. And probably make it just a single ultra powerful hit of freeze like the counter. The air version is also glitched btw.

As far as everything else goes all I can think of now is for you to make the icecar side B actually stay on it for a short bit and cancel only if it hits someone like the real ice car or when you press back or something if it won't break him too much.

Darkmega

Smash Apprentice
Um... is this thread still alive or am I talking to myself?

regardless. Even if the tager moveset has been "conceptualized" already, I'm throwing in my 10cents for a comparison.

A: His jab could stay relatively same, but just a basic hit effect and next to no knockback, cancelable on hit if possible.

if there was thought on making a combo, I suggest:
A: captain falcon or his own jab animation for the first jab being his A attack. simple 2 or 3 damage.

AA: low kick used on tagers B. for a place holder, could use Ike forward throw kick, otherwise probably a custom kick... 2 or 3 damage again, same kind of knockback.

AAA: I'd see this as his C hit just so it'd be an ABC combo but looking at characters with animations which could possibly fit him, a two hands face jab doesn't seem in there, so...custom animation of the C attack, for roughly 5 or 6 damage to end.

mix-up AAB: 6A swing punch which draws people closer with electric element. Could use his standard grab animation to be close enough to the swing he uses (although tager's is a lot more drawn back and i think he uses the other hand to ganon's grab... >.>, but who's checking? :p). Draws closer also with next to no knockback, probably 2 damage then continues to the 2C lift strike move on another command of A (?) straight after which is a well used follow up of the 6A swing (as far as I've seen on vids) with another 3 or 4 damage to send em up. Could possibly be canceled into something else other than another jab, like say a special or grab etc...

Ftilt: 6C ground pound thing. A hit bounces people up, does a chunk of shield damage and makes a ground explosion. 6 or 7 damage.

Dtilt: a crouching jab like 2A just for something else which is quick and can be used for poking perhaps? which could be chained to the 2nd hit of AAB on a follow up or if you can be bothered, it could be the slow two handed jab from 3A which trips people over.

uptilt: Although not related to tagers moveset from game a lift strike using a single hand which knocks them just about him perhaps with electricity.

Fsmash: falcon punch or warlock punch (without the wind up) which draws people closer with some invisible windboxes like magnetism. tilted up could launch really high, no tilt around where forward smash already goes now, downwards could be a little more horizontal but less knockback, perhaps useful for ledge hitting people with crap horizontal recovery. 20 or so damage?

Downsmash: not related to tager but could be cool, A punch to the ground infront of him which shocks the bit with some electricity and launches upwards fairly same always and could possibly be a strong combo starter at low percentages. Could have some left over spark hitboxes dealing minor damage as a GTFO/GTFA move. 15 on the main hit, 3 on the leftover sparks.

Up smash: Strong uppercut punch (raptor boost punch?) also with magnetism, although not in Tagers moveset also, it could work for him. Slow start-up but painful on hit with about 25 damage.

Dash attack: Cause tager can't dash this is kinda a hard call but I'd say it could pass just how it is now as a shoulder drive which could be mixed up on hit if timed right perhaps?

Grab swing: Normal grab or maybe even samus' grab animation for while the tethers out which draws people closer if they're close enough like magnetism and grabs when they reach the fist.

foward throw: keep same but more damage or add electricity?
Back throw: Snakes up throw which could be his backwards grab where he backdrops them.
Up throw: Tager buster anyone if you can figure out an animation or chain some unused moves together to make one?
Downthrow: Keep same roughly I'd say.

Aerials, I've got no idea, cause not much suits Tager. but to say something, I'd say back and forward air could stay the same, with up air becoming something not requiring him to flip around. and down air becoming his 2C in air move with the elbow drop thing if it could be done. Dropping down air on someone could possibly ground them if it's not too broken an idea.

Neutral special: Spark bolt: Use some random variable to make ammo or a charge thing, make up taunt or something his voltic charge special, and make this the end part of his up taunt where he does like a WRY thing which shoots out a full charge of scope gun at someone then drops your ammo and then you gotta voltic charge to get it back. voltic charge could possibly what he uses instead of spark bolt if you don't have one charged up.

Side special: Sledge Hammer:
Momentum forward sliding fist with a good enough priority to break through projectiles, or perhaps just give it some heavy armor. A 2nd input from A or B etc would do the 2nd hit of sledge to ground smash them. Cause this would be more a charge and chase move rather than a launcher unless you use the 2nd hit to bounce them up. Side special in air could be the same only an air variation which goes special fall afterwards.

Down special: Atomic Collider: An anti-air move which makes him use his assist trophy animation. start-up is normal, but while his hand is in the air it has a strong current which draws someone to his hand and he's got invulnerable or super armor. Collision with the grab box in his hand would make him instantly use a downthrow type move on them but for more damage. After the grab box he becomes vulnerable/non-super armored again though.
In the air it could possibly be like his original side B to be able to grab someone mid-flight and bring them down just so to keep some kind of ganoncide or air to ground smashing move in, also, with the magnetism but not as strong cause it's an air to air move hence.

up special (grounded): Genesic emerald Tager BUSTER: Executes a grab when on the ground which has magnetism only effecting grounded characters. stays out for a bit but he's not invulnerable except for right at the start for about half a second. A grab makes him grab em, spin around, shoot em into the air, jump after em and tager buster them into the dirt again with a bang. Deals real soviet damage but doesn't launch, just leaves them on the ground, and if not seen as broken, could ground em.

Up special (Air): Magnatech boost (custom move based on magnatech wheel): A spinning attack with more magnetism which sucks people in dealing multi-hits while tager flies up a short distance as his recovery move. Could be like luigi's down B or marios down aerial only it always flies up.

Final smash if at all any possible. KING OF TAGER. XD but that's secondary to the rest of the moveset.

any thoughts?
I do this cause I like using Tager and if I ever get the game he'll probably be my main cause when I played a friend I found him good fun to use.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Good ideas. A moveset hasn't been drafted...since I kind of took a long break from coding/hacking. Slowly getting back into B- among other things...so I might try and finish where I left off(had a lot of ragna finished that no ones seen yet).

Now where did that ryko run off to...

Darkmega

Smash Apprentice
Good ideas. A moveset hasn't been drafted...since I kind of took a long break from coding/hacking. Slowly getting back into B- among other things...so I might try and finish where I left off(had a lot of ragna finished that no ones seen yet).
ah, Kirk! Thank you. and I see. I still play brawl minus actually, and Jin and old Ragna can actually stand up to them pretty decently (when they're just comps, or they themselves are fighting me as comps). And woot, new ragna coming! :D

and btw: If it would at all help, Would I be able to help and maybe get Tager going as one of my projects to help this? Cause i was wanting to atleast attempt a start but I didn't know if anything was actually started or not.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
Im currently messing around a bit, since Ive been away from the scene so long, I forgot a couple of things, so this might take some time. Darkmega Im going to start from scratch and design everything all over again making him as close to Continuum shifts version as possible

Darkmega

Smash Apprentice
Im currently messing around a bit, since Ive been away from the scene so long, I forgot a couple of things, so this might take some time. Darkmega Im going to start from scratch and design everything all over again making him as close to Continuum shifts version as possible
your jin? well, good luck then, and make sure, you show us your moves, and then bang/captain falcon will be happy. lol

Ct.OWN

Smash Rookie
Is this dead? If not, then I got great news. This guy at kc-mm.com, BigBadBooya, is godly at animating and can really help out setting up Nu-13 and some other BlazBlue characters. He does most of his hacks himself. Also another friend of mine is making Hazama from Continuum Shift. I dunno if he's placing it over Snake, Pit, or someone else but my friend's working him.

Ct.OWN

Smash Rookie
Sorry, I guess he can animate Sheik for Noel too. I fight well with her on Calamity Trigger :) I guess I kinda played everyone and gotten good with them but Noel was the first. I requested only Hazama before I found this thread so I couldn't ask. Besides, he was busy with other requests. Is that Platinum as your avy?

Kirk

Smash Champion
Anyone still interested in this?

I found my almost-finished-ragna on my other computer...possibly might finish a decent draft soon if I work at it. I also randomly animated(poorly :bee: ) Genesic Emerald Tager Buster on Ganondorf for lols...definitely has some potential there. Animating takes a lot of time, but updated Ragna is lookin pretty cool so far.

Also, if anyone knows of a Iron Tager texture or could make one...that could be useful for when I get around to coding him!

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
I like the brazbrawl idea, especially in Iron Tager and Rachel Alucard

Animating is really hard :(

Ask ( I will too) "BigBadBooya" said a while in this page he was a godly animator, encourages me into learning :)

:phone:

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
I'd most certainly be interested in seeing a finished Ragna, especially now that we have a kickass vertex for him.

Top Bottom