• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
AGGH! THREAD, DON'T DIE ON ME!!

Mr.Weegee, ThatGuyYouMightKnow? I think I'm ready to send you guys the model. I'll gather up all of the nesecary materials for all of his moves, too. I'll probably send it tomorrow.

If his >B is to be a Bullet Bill attack, it'd be possible for him to quickly pull out the model on ride on it with a slow start, moderate acceleration, and a button to get off (think on aerial Wario Bike), right...?

EDIT: Just downloaded bought NSMBW, and I'll try to find Kamek's broom. Also, updated the OPs.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I can rip Kamek's Broom if you want.
Very yes, do now.

Why not try putting Bowser Jr. over Olimar? That way it's only getting rid of a small character.
No, didn't you see the OP? It's a Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario combo.

Or lucas... seriously clones are useless.
I don't even know what to say to you. I'm going to assume you haven't played Mother 3?

GRAGH! The airship model just won't work with the auto-hexxer.

Anyone want to take a look at it?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
AGGH! THREAD, DON'T DIE ON ME!!

Mr.Weegee, ThatGuyYouMightKnow? I think I'm ready to send you guys the model. I'll gather up all of the nesecary materials for all of his moves, too. I'll probably send it tomorrow.

If his >B is to be a Bullet Bill attack, it'd be possible for him to quickly pull out the model on ride on it with a slow start, moderate acceleration, and a button to get off (think on aerial Wario Bike), right...?

EDIT: Just downloaded bought NSMBW, and I'll try to find Kamek's broom. Also, updated the OPs.
Ok, good to hear.

I can do that Side B. Should he jump off, or just get off?

Also, do you have the final moveset in mind?

And you heard the solution to the grabbing problem, right? Your HipN must have the same index as the character that you're replacing.

MRDSBOY

Smash Cadet
Oh! I get it now. So they'll be able to transform into each other? But how will you be able to play as Zelda at the same time?

Fen__

Smash Ace
Hadn't someone already ripped and hexed his airship for use as a stage? I remember seeing it when mdl0 importing was first done.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Oh! I get it now. So they'll be able to transform into each other? But how will you be able to play as Zelda at the same time?
You'll wait for the Clone Engine to be released.

I'm not changing the character replaced, since any lazy bum can get up and take out the SD Card before choosing Zelda.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Bowser Jr. goes over Zelda, Shadow Mario goes over Sheik. vB changes between Bowser Jr. and Shadow Mario, just like it changes between Zelda and Sheik.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
All right.

Well, I can readily put the PSA in a move so long as you give me the animations.

Or I can make them, but I'm not as good.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
hey Intrepid, i saw your request in the Amy thread, and if you want, send me the files and i will try to fix Bowser Jr. up for you.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
All right.

Well, I can readily put the PSA in a move so long as you give me the animations.

Or I can make them, but I'm not as good.
I'm hexxing the M&S2 .chr0's, but I think ThatGuyYouMightKnow will be making custom ones. I guess he'll make the ones that can't be found in M&S2?

hey Intrepid, i saw your request in the Amy thread, and if you want, send me the files and i will try to fix Bowser Jr. up for you.
Ok, PM'ing you now.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
You'll wait for the Clone Engine to be released.

I'm not changing the character replaced, since any lazy bum can get up and take out the SD Card before choosing Zelda.
the way i have it set up i don't even have to get up lol but yeah of course clone engine is better but theres not much special with a zelda vs bowser jr fight lol

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
the way i have it set up i don't even have to get up lol but yeah of course clone engine is better but theres not much special with a zelda vs bowser jr fight lol
Ah, you've got one of those fancy alternate loaders, don't you? I never could get that to work, just like the stage expansion pack.

*sigh* If only my Wii's disc drive wasn't broken...

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
the preliminary results are in! for Bowser Jr. at least...
anyways, glitch fixed #1: the running glitch, he had no TransN bone, so now he can walk just fine, but when he runs its like he's running into a wall, but he can walk now.
glitch fix #2: the throw glitch, he was missing the HipN, and now he can be thrown just fine.
glitch fix #3: the shielding glitch, since the file you sent has Bowser Jr. over Bowser, it took me a few minutes to find this one, but Bowser has 76 bones total, and Bowser Jr. has 75 total, so i added a bone, and now he can shield, except the shield is really small, is on the ground, and doesnt shrink, but still functions and doesnt freeze.
fortunately, he doesnt have the item grabbing glitch, because i'm still in the process of figuring that one out. more tomorrow.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
Ah, you've got one of those fancy alternate loaders, don't you? I never could get that to work, just like the stage expansion pack.

*sigh* If only my Wii's disc drive wasn't broken...
nah i haven't messed with that lol my cpu desk is in my room my tv is on desk and wii/360 are under so i can reach down lol but can you get unlimited codes with a usb loader cuz i would perfer that and you said ur disc drive is broken

dpgthirteen

Smash Apprentice
i have a suggestion for the final smash for shadow mario/bowser jr how about links final smash once you guys find something to use for his paintbrush?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
the preliminary results are in! for Bowser Jr. at least...
anyways, glitch fixed #1: the running glitch, he had no TransN bone, so now he can walk just fine, but when he runs its like he's running into a wall, but he can walk now.
glitch fix #2: the throw glitch, he was missing the HipN, and now he can be thrown just fine.
glitch fix #3: the shielding glitch, since the file you sent has Bowser Jr. over Bowser, it took me a few minutes to find this one, but Bowser has 76 bones total, and Bowser Jr. has 75 total, so i added a bone, and now he can shield, except the shield is really small, is on the ground, and doesnt shrink, but still functions and doesnt freeze.
fortunately, he doesnt have the item grabbing glitch, because i'm still in the process of figuring that one out. more tomorrow.
*Girly squeal*

Awesome, I can't wait to hex some more animations now that he can sheild! You're awesome, Snoopy.

nah i haven't messed with that lol my cpu desk is in my room my tv is on desk and wii/360 are under so i can reach down lol but can you get unlimited codes with a usb loader cuz i would perfer that and you said ur disc drive is broken
Nah, it's a 255 line limit, I believe. I use WiiFlow, and my disc drive is broken so I can't use the Gecko OS unlimited one...

as i said before, i have got the airship to work.
I can send it to you if you want
Do want. It's weird, I hexxed it all correctly, but I just couldn't get it to work :/

Aww dayum. Snoopy fixed it before I could. xD

Nice job guys. And yeah, I'd be more than happy to animate the guy for any missing animations he has. >:3
Cool, I'll send the moveset ideas a couple at a time, in order of importance.

i have a suggestion for the final smash for shadow mario/bowser jr how about links final smash once you guys find something to use for his paintbrush?
Nah, their Final Smashes are already planned. Thanks, though.

EDIT: New Costume

Red (A Redish Dry Bowser Jr.)

Size Comparison:

Look good?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Wait...I just had a random idea.

Can you vertex hack someone so that, when you re-name the bones, they work with Brawl animations without looking horrible?

That would save a lot more time than having to make every one.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Snoopy has fixed many things! 10 cookies to him.

Bowser Jr.:
-Sheilding
-Grabbing

Shadow Mario:
-More Mario-like
-Accidentally made running/walking/dashing animations

Things Broken:
Some Bowser Jr. animations now cause his left leg to stretch out really far.

Things Still Needed:
-PSAs and Custom Animations for Both
-Mario's hat on Shadow Mario
-Transforming
-The Bowser Jr. port to Zelda

Check the OPs for more detailed information and pretty pictures!

Wait...I just had a random idea.

Can you vertex hack someone so that, when you re-name the bones, they work with Brawl animations without looking horrible?

That would save a lot more time than having to make every one.
I don't know, but it looks like we're decently deep into this project now, so I don't think we're going to do anything like that.

Also, how do you make one of those things that you have to click on to see the stuff inside of it?

Fen__

Smash Ace
What do you mean by "Accidentally made running/walking/dashing animations"? How do you accidentally make animations?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
something to do with the bone indexes i think. right now, Shadow Mario essentially can't move his hips, which affects all his animations, though it makes the walking and running animations pretty cool looking.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
...I don't get it.

What was the problem with replacing Zelda? (Also dayum I wish I hadn't had school today, I would've been working on stuff. Oh well, I get out at 10:30 in the morning. LOL)

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
the only problem was that Bowser Jr. was on Bowser, but is now on Zelda, and can properly transform between him and Shadow Mario.

Top Bottom