• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
...I got the airship out of Mario and Sonic 2, but it won't hex properly :(

Batandy said he got it to work and he'd send it to me, but I never heard from him about it.

And: Battle Revolution doesn't have MDL0s, but look at Pokepark. those models are obvious copy-pasta from Battle Revolution. I do hope Sin & Punishment 2 will, though, but I can't remember who's making it...

I'm thinking the reason Super Mario Galaxy used BMD's is because it was an early game and may not have incorporated mdl0's yet.
WarioWare was a launch title, it uses MDL0s. Super Mario Galaxy didn't even come at launch, it was a year after. :p

Matteron

Smash Ace
Well, maybe nintendo was working on it before mdl0's were created. It is possible, I mean look at the quality of the game and look at the time difference between 1 and 2, 3 years.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Well, maybe nintendo was working on it before mdl0's were created. It is possible, I mean look at the quality of the game and look at the time difference between 1 and 2, 3 years.
Very true, seeing as how the GAMECUBE had a test game with Marios on 3D worlds.

However, I doubt that SMG2 would use MDL0s, try looking at a trailer and tell me that isn't just an improved SMG1. Looks good, though, I'm definately getting it ;)

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
That's been around for a while. '-_-

You actually have to inject into the ISO using this, it's not for the SD Card yet.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Thus, not pertinent to this project yet.
Not yet, but I will get some voice clips for Bowser Jr... just in case.

Also, will someone PLEASE animate for Shadow Mario? I have a complete moveset right here, and Weegee doesn't have any PSA work...

Waits -
Stand, looking around
Jump twice quickly limbs outstretched

Jab -
Stretched punch, left hand;
More stretched, right;
Right stretchy uppercut.

Smash -
U=Soccer-like upwards headbutt, stretched neck;
S=Spin with brush in left, outstretched right arm;
D=Quick circle on ground with brush

Tilts -
U=Quick crouched body clench (like C. Falcon's taunt) while his hair spikes into the air;
S=Joust forward with brush
D=Quickly turns into a puddle

Air -
N=Cartwheel, limbs outstretched
U=Jab upwards with brush
F=Stretched kick forward
B=Jabs brush backwards and between legs (like a broomstick)
D=Like Ganon's DAir but stretched and weaker

Special -
N=Like Mario's, but made of the blue effect and acts like a boomerang. Comes out of his chest like a part of him.
U=Spin Jump (Super Mario Sunshine) S=Spin far forward and Ground Pound upon landing. D=Transform, Shadow Mario throws the brush into his other hand and turns into Bowser Jr. For a small easter egg/symbolism, SM holds in his left, BJr. in his right. Instead of white sparkles, this Transform uses damaging blue effect.

Other -
Crouch=Lays full-body on ground
DashAttack=Dash attack from SMS, complete with end flip, flip makes enemy trip.

Grab -
U=Like a get trophy stand animation, stretched arms
F=Energetic and stretched slap
B=Flings forward and snaps back like a rubber band
D=Throw down and stab with brush. Pummel=Smack with brush handle.

Final Smash -
Bowser Jr.'s, but faster, weaker, and with blue effect.

Taunts -
UTaunt - Skull Kid-esque butt smack.
STaunt - Moves hands through face as if he's a liquid.
DTaunt - TGYMK's damage-over-time idea, greater detail later...

Senjen

Smash Apprentice

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
awesome Shadow Mario color pallets intrepid , i also remember in super mario sunshine this type of sludge

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/pics/1328874aaa.jpg

i also remember a black sludge mixed with green in it but i can't find any pictures on the internet ...

also if possible this should be used with shaow mario's final smash (it's shadow mario's paint signiture from sunshine) ^^

http://media.strategywiki.org/image...ario_Logo.png/180px-SMS_Shadow_Mario_Logo.png

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
sorry i though it was cool :( but anyhoo any glitches with shadow mario lately?

yugi1818

Smash Cadet
Haha Alright Are the files on the first post or do i need to get them from someone?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
if this project need any animations? I can help you :3

and sorry if I said that late D:
Haha Alright Are the files on the first post or do i need to get them from someone?
I honestly don't think we need anyone else on the team, really. I don't know about everyone else, but we need quality more than quantity, and StarWaffle has done a fine job animating so far.

I'll send you both the model and a CHR0 so I can see how good you are at animating.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
Intrepid, i can't figure out why the new MotionEtc file is causing the item grab freeze. my theory is that the renamed bones are causing issues with the animations. the reason i think this is because it worked before i renamed the bones, but since i did, it's freezing. what we (or should i say the animators) should do is animate a Bowser Jr. model that doesn't have the renamed bones, thus in theory eliminate the freeze glitch.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
the other glitches wouldn't be there. what i meant was to do the animations on a model without the renamed bones, but the model actually used would be the model with the renamed bones. i'm thinking it's some sort of conflict with the animations and bones, but like i said, i'm not sure what.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Intrepid....what in the HELL did we do to SMario's model? The bones...aren't matching with Mario's original CHR0s. o-o (Mario had a TransN2?)

I don't think we can animate him like this. He's wierd. xD

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
i think i have a theory why the random freezes occur. i think it's because we're animating an edited model, and somehow brawl can't figure out what to do. what i think we need to do is animate the original most model that we have.
that's why Bowser Jr's TransN is moving his tail, because that's Zelda's TransN index, and that's why Shadow Mario's bones are the way they are as well.
so my theory is that we need to animate an unedited Bowser Jr model, and animate Mario instead of Shadow Mario.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
what exactly do you mean by re-indexing? as in trying to move the bones themselves around, instead of simply renaming? i don't think it will help much. but if i could ask a favor, Intrepid, could i get the original most Bowser Jr model you have, one without added or renamed bones? i want to test my theory.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I mean, why does SMario have more bones than Mario originally did. D: Some of his named bones, like TransN2, are connected to body parts, and some are just...floating. Currently I don't think we can animate him like this. xD

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
This is starting to get messy.

*sits on couch and gets popcorn*
May I join you Weegee?

*Mr. Weegee nods*
*Dxrkn3ss jumps on the couch and digs in Weegee's popcorn*

:lick: lol...

I really came here to check up on the Bowser Jr. Progress but it seems like you're having some problems now.

I hope you can fix them soon. This project had gained tremendous speed lately...

Mine, on the other hand...

I had to tend to some other things
+ I had to go to the ER for some stupid sickness :(

Top Bottom