• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project GENO - MarioDK Demo out

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I am not. I've been incredibly busy this week, my computer is likely down until the weekend, and then I've only got maybe two days that I'm free next week before I'm busy all of the week after that.

As I said before:
If anybody has ideas for attacks and would like to animate them, it would be much appreciated. People will be much more receptive to an idea if you put some animations where your mouth is. :p

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Wow, new vertex and moveset revamp? Yay!

I'm guessing this was decided to be made for B+, but I was a bit lazy and didn't wade through every page of the discussion...

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Id love to help, but I dont know how good i'd be as an animator... Just in case, what program is used for that?

Werewolf25

Smash Rookie
Man, I leave for just a little bit and i miss everything. Oh well. Looks great!

Edit: The only input I have on the moveset is that all Geno's original specials should be kept, and rocket punch would be cool to work in. And Geno ought to be fast and technical, not slow and floaty.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
So. I've got my new computer up and running, meaning I can actually use SD cards now. I think that I'm going to start Geno from a brand new ToonLink.pac file. This will reset the file size, as Indigo and I both doing things inefficiently/through iterations had added over 100KB to the file size. I'll see if I can get his movement animations flowing well.. Hopefully tonight. I'll port over his physics from the most recently released Fighter Geno.

Anybody who can do animations should really start work on them.

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
ooow, that is a really good new!
finally the project will starts to move again! I don't know how to make animations, but if anyone know about some good guide, I can try to learn!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Animations are really just sort of something you have to mess with until you get decent. I think there's a guide on Youtube if you're really desperate.

And I spent all of yesterday working on P:M Link. He's higher priority for me at the moment, but I am getting a bit better at editing animations and stuff, so that skill should translate to working on Geno a bit.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I do prefer Geno boost as the up b move rather then it as the b move.

Perhaps, instead of lefting him up, it could work as it would if it was the neutral special? Just give Geno some bigger jumps, after all he is light, and he is a star. And just clean Geno beam little bit more.

The Forward Smash should vary from a Rcoket Fist, to Two Rocket Fists at Full Charge. It's just an idea but I think it could work.

The Up Smash could be him firing the Star Bullets.

The Down Smash for Fighter Geno was very cool. I would prefer it to stay.

I understand the moveset is getting overhauled but, eh. I'd like to help in any I can attempt to.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Lame/minor update: I've gained enough experience learning how the boomerang works that I'm 90% sure I could convert it into a better Geno Whirl that could be reflected without too much issue.

Dude396

Smash Rookie
Hello to everyone here at the Smashboards. I'm new to this site, and to homebrew on the wii. I, being a huge Geno fan, would like to put him onto brawl. Yet, I can't seem to figure out how? I'm pretty sure RSBE is the game save for brawl, but how does it get into apps? What do I need? If someone could give me directions on how to get Geno onto Brawl that would be great. :) Thanks.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Hello to everyone here at the Smashboards. I'm new to this site, and to homebrew on the wii. I, being a huge Geno fan, would like to put him onto brawl. Yet, I can't seem to figure out how? I'm pretty sure RSBE is the game save for brawl, but how does it get into apps? What do I need? If someone could give me directions on how to get Geno onto Brawl that would be great. :) Thanks.
This is not the correct place to post this, but I will provide you a little advice. First of all, you need Gecko OS and Riivolution (the latter is optional). Personally, I recommend not using the FPC (file patch code, how most people replaced files before Riivolution and many still do) and simply use Riivolution from the start; that will make your life much easier. There are various tutorials you can find and for Riivolution the file directories vary for different xml's. Also, Geno right now is being remade, so I recommend waiting. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Also, Google is your friend; this can be kind of complex to set up so tutorials are a must. Go to WackaAlpaca's channel on YouTube also, I believe he has a tutorial for the FPC.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I think it would be easier for him to just download Brawl+, which comes with all of the codes required.

And then all he would need to do is add Geno to the appropriate file location.

Kyobi

Smash Rookie
Somehow I knew someone was going to make Toon Link into Geno. Although for a second, I thought It would be Luigi. But eh, looks awesome.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I've been busy with work and ProjectM stuff. I quit work for school on the 17th, and I should have a lot more free time at that point.

Until then, anybody is free to work on animations or something - As I've said several times.

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
Hey Shadic

There is a group working on Geno over Lucas.
They are using the Pik's model and apparently also are discussing movements. I not read the topic yet but I think you might be interested.
Here is the link to the topic:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12386.0

I also found a video that shows a Geno Beam more like Mario RPG style! Probably this Geno was created in this project, I just talk
Here is the video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FizMETo_JhQ

SonicTHDark

Smash Cadet
Hey Shadic

There is a group working on Geno over Lucas.
They are using the Pik's model and apparently also are discussing movements. I not read the topic yet but I think you might be interested.
Here is the link to the topic:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12386.0

I also found a video that shows a Geno Beam more like Mario RPG style! Probably this Geno was created in this project, I just talk
Here is the video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FizMETo_JhQ
Isn't that the Neku PSA?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I saw the video. It wasn't very impressive other than the Geno Beam.

We'll see how much spare time I have after school starts (It should be more, sadly enough.) The Clone Engine has me pretty hyped.

Dakaggo

Smash Cadet
I saw the video. It wasn't very impressive other than the Geno Beam.

We'll see how much spare time I have after school starts (It should be more, sadly enough.) The Clone Engine has me pretty hyped.
At the risk of sounding ignorant, what is the clone engine?

Dakaggo

Smash Cadet
I knew it was only a matter of time until we got to this point. Eventually we'll be able to totally mod the game and in a year or two we'll be seeing brawl mods with characters from completely different series x_x.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
I knew it was only a matter of time until we got to this point. Eventually we'll be able to totally mod the game and in a year or two we'll be seeing brawl mods with characters from completely different series x_x.
Well, people have been working on anime characters, like Ichigo and Goku.

I guess that means that we are 2 years ahead of schedule!

Dakaggo

Smash Cadet
He means full releases I'm guessing, like a Brawl with only anime characters or only Mario characters etc. Personally I wouldn't enjoy that, but some may.
Exactly. I'm not saying I'd enjoy it but I expect it. Like Star Wars Brawl, Sonic Brawl, Dragon Brawl Z etc. It's funny how people basically find a little tiny crack in a game and manage to slowly but surely completely pry it open.

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
hello i am relatively new to this forum and i played all the way through SMRPG so i know a lot about geno. Ever since brawl was announced i wanted geno in it. I applaud u all for your actions towards making geno, And i just heard about PM today and i have brawl+ already.......PM looks sweet for whenever it releases and the ideas of the final geno sound amazing... all i have to say now is good luck

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
hello i am relatively new to this forum and i played all the way through SMRPG so i know a lot about geno. Ever since brawl was announced i wanted geno in it. I applaud u all for your actions towards making geno, And i just heard about PM today and i have brawl+ already.......PM looks sweet for whenever it releases and the ideas of the final geno sound amazing... all i have to say now is good luck
I think it's safe to say this thread is dead, or at least frozen in carbonite. The moves have been stated in a post a while back, but no actual progress has been made.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'm waiting for Bero to finish the newest version of OpenBrawlbox. It will make importing and doing custom animations much easier. It's stupid to work on it now when tools will come out that will let me do some things in literally 1/40th the time, and other things will go from "agonizing" to merely "annoying." (Custom animations.)

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
holy crap I've been missing out on a lot (stupid Disk getting broken...). I think I might have a handle on what's up now, but just to be sure I have a few questions.

1) Who's working on what kinds of animations right now? I would like to help, but I'd prefer to not be doing what someone else is doing.
2) Have we come up with a consensus about Geno's Physics? Because if the animations I want to work on are the animations I'm going to work on, it's kinda necessary.
3) I'm assuming we actually do have a custom model now, so if I'm right, where can I find it?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Nobody is doing anything. I'm doing a complete revamp, but will use my Geno's current physics as a starting point.

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
So you're redoing everything from the top? Okay. That just leaves the custom model question for me to find out about. Then I can get working on animations more befitting a wooden doll (no spine for you, Geno).

*edit* I'm pretty sure I found it, nvm. Gonna work on standing animations and stuff now. I'll post if they look half decent.

*edit again* Argh, the little "hair" isn't connected to HeadNa. What bone am I supposed to use here?

Top Bottom