• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project GENO - MarioDK Demo out

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I did all the other pacs listed here:
Linky

It was pretty easy, just time-consuming.

But it's crashing after the Now Loading...

Curious as to what I did wrong.

Edit: I think I accidentally made it 1KB bigger. Gah.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Also, the download you had actually linked to the original one, I believe. Not the updated Geno one.

marter

Smash Apprentice
Also, the download you had actually linked to the original one, I believe. Not the updated Geno one.
Which download are you talking about? Also, I think I've found the replay picture, I've just got to edit it, and then see if it works.

marter

Smash Apprentice
That one.

And awesome!
Yeah, that was intentional, so everyone can start with a fresh info.pac.

EDIT: Turns out I actually changed the picture in "Group Records". I'll keep looking for replays.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Ah, okay.

And I tested yours out, and it works. However, it only works in VS. How are you getting your picture to be so small, size-wise?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
The Geno text under the picture. You gotta look at all the other .pacs I listed Here for it to work everywhere.

marter

Smash Apprentice
It works in classic mode as well. This is just getting so complicated. I wonder if it would be better to just include all the edited .pac files. The only problem with that, is other people may have already altered theirs. Also, for some reason Geno freezes when entering training mode, any idea why?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You're not going to get anything that looks more like Geno until we can get a replacement model.

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
You're not going to get anything that looks more like Geno until we can get a replacement model.
That's my job. Unfortunately, I ran into a spot of trouble (my parents showed up while I was out of the house, and now they hid my Wii and SD card), so I won't be able to post anything as soon as I had hoped. Once I can prove to them that I indeed am catching up in English (I probably just need to talk to my teacher), I'll be able to work full speed and actually test my work the same day I edit the stuff.

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering, Is his current opening animation (the one that happens when the match starts) his final one? because I was wondering if you could do something like this:
have him be mini and in the sitting pose from lucas' taunt where he trips, then have star rod stars float around him and then have him become normal size and do the animation for when he gets a mushroom.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering, Is his current opening animation (the one that happens when the match starts) his final one? because I was wondering if you could do something like this:
have him be mini and in the sitting pose from lucas' taunt where he trips, then have star rod stars float around him and then have him become normal size and do the animation for when he gets a mushroom.
I was planning on doing pretty much just that, actually - but it requires making a whole new animation, which can take a while.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I'm actually new to hacking and decided to do the stage later today. This is really funny because I didn't give into the hacking from Geno. I gave into hacking because of the stage looking amazing with my love of Mario RPG's and my hate from Hyrule Temple :laugh:

Anyways, I didn't see this elsewhere so may I suggest some music to convert/whatever? It'd be rather weird hearing LoZ Songs on a SMRPG Stage.

Beware the Forest Mushrooms
Fight Against Smithy (1)
Battle Against an Armed Boss
FF4 Boss/SMRPG Culex Theme (Only one not specifically from SMRPG)
Battle Theme
Boss Battle
Mole Mountain Road
Yoster Yoshi Island Race

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
I had the hand already kind of fold into itself to make a makeshift gunstick, and I probably would have had it up yesterday had I had the time to work on it. Actually, I have a question for you. If you're using a move on a platform, and it disappears, how does Brawl deal with it? Because besides this glitch I found where Jumping and pressing B at the same time caused TL to do the full windup animation before going into the charging loop (wait... the code for shortening that animation might be why mine caused the game to freeze!), which happens to happen with or without my animations, there is a problem when the platform falls beneath him and he's charging that the game has a silent freeze (the music keeps playing, though). I have a theory that I forgot to lengthen SpecialAirNWait to 120 frames as well, but...

As for a bullet punch, could you make do with the spike at the back of his hand for now? Because I'll simply fix that when I make my custom model. It's just gonna take a bit of time since school and being 'grounded' take away most of my computer time (and the fact that getting the software again is going to take forever). If I can manage to get my parents to let me to do the work, I should be able to start releasing animations at a rate of about 1 move per week (depending on the move). Little things like standing animations and how his hat/coat move are going to be done after I have a proper model to work with. My priority right now is to manage to get work done, then to do animations for moves you guys need me to do (which I'm behind on, thanks dad).
Anyway, my mom should be here soon, so I'm gonna do what I can while I can.

Oh, and @ Giygue (another Mother fan!), Your opening animation idea was what I was hoping to do as well, but, like standing animations and the like, is not a priority in any way.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
I had the hand already kind of fold into itself to make a makeshift gunstick, and I probably would have had it up yesterday had I had the time to work on it. Actually, I have a question for you. If you're using a move on a platform, and it disappears, how does Brawl deal with it? Because besides this glitch I found where Jumping and pressing B at the same time caused TL to do the full windup animation before going into the charging loop (wait... the code for shortening that animation might be why mine caused the game to freeze!), which happens to happen with or without my animations, there is a problem when the platform falls beneath him and he's charging that the game has a silent freeze (the music keeps playing, though). I have a theory that I forgot to lengthen SpecialAirNWait to 120 frames as well, but...

As for a bullet punch, could you make do with the spike at the back of his hand for now? Because I'll simply fix that when I make my custom model. It's just gonna take a bit of time since school and being 'grounded' take away most of my computer time (and the fact that getting the software again is going to take forever). If I can manage to get my parents to let me to do the work, I should be able to start releasing animations at a rate of about 1 move per week (depending on the move). Little things like standing animations and how his hat/coat move are going to be done after I have a proper model to work with. My priority right now is to manage to get work done, then to do animations for moves you guys need me to do (which I'm behind on, thanks dad).
Anyway, my mom should be here soon, so I'm gonna do what I can while I can.

Oh, and @ Giygue (another Mother fan!), Your opening animation idea was what I was hoping to do as well, but, like standing animations and the like, is not a priority in any way.
When a character in the middle of an animation hits the ground or ends up in the air, there's a way to switch to the corresponding frame number of a different animation (the air/ground versions of an animation). This is the cause for the Geno Beam charging problem (the game jumps to the correct frame of the ground version of the move when hitting the ground, but it doesn't take loops into account, so it jumps back to a little after the move began, which is with no charge). It should work properly, provided that the air/ground versions of the move have the exact same number of frames, and that those frames correspond to each other precisely (that is, they should look the same except that the legs should be in different positions). I don't know what would happen if you tried to do this with two animations that had different frame lengths, but it wouldn't surprise me if it caused a freeze.

Fixing the model wouldn't fix the spike on the hand. The way I dealt with the automatic stretching of limbs was to reduce the scale of his wrist bone to zero, then move the hand away from the wrist. The problem is that this caused the back of the hand to stretch out and taper to a point in order to attach to the back of the wrist. Not sure why or how to fix it, but since it's a result of the stretching of model parts and not a result of the shape of the parts themselves, it wouldn't really help to change the model. On the other hand, if you could make the wrists invisible when you make the new model (they're pretty small in any event, if the rest of the body was designed properly you might not even notice) then the hands might be able to extend without causing distortions in visible parts.

Anyway, don't rush yourself. We can always edit animations later on.

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
Yeah, that's what I meant by fixing it with a custom model. The custom model can have more (or less!) bones that the original, and they don't have to have the same 'families' either. The problem with changing that is that once you do it, you have to completely change every single animation that the character has to compensate for the fact that the original animations call bones that may or may not exist. That's what my "3 different ways of going about the custom model" was about. If I were to release the model, the game would freeze whenever it tried to load any animation that called a bone that didn't exist anymore (like hair).
Also, I did have the areal and land animations for the charging weapon last for different amounts of frames. That's probably why it froze. I'll test once I steal back my Wii. Oh, and thanks for reminding me to slow down. Working on a collaborative thing like this always gets me going crazy, but it's nice to know I'm not exactly being pressured into this.

Anyway, I'm off to steal and hide my favourite electronic device from my dad 'till I'm allowed to use it when I want to again. Wish me luck!

marter

Smash Apprentice
I think actually uploading common5.pac is illegal. Plus, any edits that someone has added, will be in the info.pac and common5.pac, so you wouldn't just get Geno, you'd be getting all other edits the person has done to those files.

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
There's a common5.pac download here, I just downloaded it. :p I got most of the icons/text added, if only there was a copy of InfFace401.brres to download for those of us not tech-savvy enough to extract all that from our own games, so I could get the ingame portrait changed. Also is the victory screen text not supposed to change yet, or did I miss something?

marter

Smash Apprentice
I'm encountering a problem, with my edits, it seems that if info.pac gets edited, homerun derby and training, won't load, and will freeze when selecting a stage. Anyone know how to avoid this?

Yunior597

Smash Journeyman
I think actually uploading common5.pac is illegal. Plus, any edits that someone has added, will be in the info.pac and common5.pac, so you wouldn't just get Geno, you'd be getting all other edits the person has done to those files.
sorry for my language...

But wtf you crazy? forget about that illegal ****, everything we do is illegal... even hacking the wii. and noone cares about that.

So why not to upload those files only with geno modified...

And something else where do i place them?

it cant be the same place as the textures and those stuffs.

joshua here it is
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7f0x5v

tell me when you complete fully the common5 with this

JayFizzy

Smash Cadet
Not sure if anyone already said this, but i think genos specials need to be reworked. They all have long *** start up and dont do that much :/ I mean, his down b his one of the SICKEST moves in the game, but its not very good.

LOVE GENOS FAIR THO

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Have to assume Fighter since Cosmic's download has been down for a while.

After getting used to how different it is from other f-airs, it is fun to work with. Find myself using it by accident a lot trying to hit someone in front of me, though.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
If you C-stick the aerial, and press backwards, you don't move very far forward. It gives you a lot of options, actually.

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
So, today I have a spare 3rd, late start @ school, and my 'rents are at work when I get home. If ANYTHING works, you'll see it up today. And Shadic, be expecting a surprise soon. Good things are (hopefully) coming our way on the aesthetics front...

Oh, and since you guys know how to play around with brawlbox, I can safely tell you that if you guys need to edit animations because these animations need to be lengthened or shortened in order to get what you wanted, you can simply change the number of frames in the animation accordingly until I get one that looks the way you want it to. I know it won't look right, but at least it'll work properly.

Top Bottom