• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project GENO - MarioDK Demo out

Garrett223

Smash Cadet
If only Alphadream were to make a 3d Mario game for wii, and since they are accociated with SE, there would be a chance......Sigh...

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Any model I think would be awsome
NO. At least pretend to have some kind of intelligence while posting! If it was just a few fail posts fine, but why do 95% of your posts have to be incomprehensibly ignorant?! A model hasnt been imported because their IS NO model to import!

Garrett223

Smash Cadet
I really am not updated with hacking, but is there a way to give a model bones that is 100% custom yet? I have bralbox 0.60, should I update?

Garrett223

Smash Cadet
The instant that it is possible, It will be time to make amazing characters lolchucknorisslol

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
^
It doesn't matter if you like it or not - this isn't the topic for character ideas.

... Where the heck has Uncle0wnage gone? That Geno model was getting good...

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
NO. At least pretend to have some kind of intelligence while posting! If it was just a few fail posts fine, but why do 95% of your posts have to be incomprehensibly ignorant?! A model hasnt been imported because their IS NO model to import!
MAKE ONE Then IMPORT!

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
^
If you were paying attention, you'd know that we had someone making one for us recently, but they've yet to get back to us.

Even if that guy does come back, we'd still need an importer that allows completely custom models, instead of just Brawl model edits or models from other games.

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
^
If you were paying attention, you'd know that we had someone making one for us recently, but they've yet to get back to us.

Even if that guy does come back, we'd still need an importer that allows completely custom models, instead of just Brawl model edits or models from other games.
me "they've yet to get back to us" you mean "vanished off the face of the earth" then you would be correct.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
He was online like, two weeks ago. But hasn't posted in almost a month.

As for the actual importing - Kryal will have that done relatively soon.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Its not all that easy either it takes a while to make a model perfect.
I kno that its not easy to make models im just saying that maybe making a model would be the best option if theres no other way jeez shadic no need to be a jerk about it

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
No need to mention what has been discussed several times, and what should be a basic course of thinking.

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
I feel like spazing, but I had already vented today's worth of anger about an hour ago, so I'm just gonna say that Shadic is right, and if you go back around 10 pages or so you'd see how the model was progressing.

So, instead of sitting around *****ing about something beyond our current control, we've decided to be productive with our time and organize what we're going to do once we DO have a working model saved as a .pac

But anyway, back to useful conversation: who's planning on working on which animations? I understand that we'll probably be borrowing animations from other characters for movement and such, but I'd like to make completely custom ones to give him a proper 'feel'.
Shadic, You're (obviously) in charge of specials, who wants to deal with getting hit and items?

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
..Getting hit and items? What do you mean?
He means who ants to make animations for him getting hit and for using items i think.

P.S. What do I name the cosmic geno thing. I want to use it but I don't know what to change its name to.

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
yeah. the miscelaneous animations for getting hit are ridiculously numerous. there's like 3 different flinch effects for each area you can be hit (head, stomach, and feet), plus grab effects, launch effects, trips, shieldbreaking, etc. I wanted to do all basic movement ones (so, pretty much anything that doesn't require a second character to do), but that's only like a fifth of all the work to be done at most.

Garrett223

Smash Cadet
Hmm...I know this process is a little late, but we could PSA a lil thing that when you are hit(only with the A combo) and you press A, he sticks his right hand out with his left hand on his right side grabbing, sort of like the pose you do when you time a guard right.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Something that cosmic geno did that i thought was a nice touch was that wood effect when its shield was hit. Are there any plans to implement this? And if UncleOwnage is awol it might be time to look for a new model...

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
^
Unfortunately, I agree. Shall I re-contact the first guy I found before Uncle0wnage first appeared?

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
ahh i see what you were doing Uncle0wnage you wanted to suprise the thread by getting the Geno model 100 % done without showing any pictures good job everybody thought you quit making him grate job dude XD

also shadowbolt could it be possible for you to upload your mallow model ... (i'm not trying to be mean here just take all the time you need)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
To anybody that has actually gotten the file to work - Can you convert it to a 3DS and reupload it? .max doesn't seem to work for me.

And Brawlbox will have model insertion before too long.

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
i think i found a way to open the geno model look at this

1. Go to this website: http://www.scansoft.com/paperport/viewers/

2. Click on the "Paperport viewer for Windows" link

3. Click on (to download) the file link on the bottom called "viewersetupex.exe"

4. After download completes, you may notice that this file no longer has the .exe file extension (if it does, then skip this step...). So if it doesn't have the .exe file extension, add it.

5. Open the program and install.

The program itself stinks, and doesn't allow you to convert the .max files, but at least you can open them and print them (or take a screen capture).

Hope this helps!

also i think note pad can open it not 100 % sure

or you could just download the 30 day demo of 3DS Max. and convert it to .3ds

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=13571450

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I tried to open it in 3DS Max and failed. Could just be that I have a crappy version.

Top Bottom