• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Link [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
The tier list has been closed and disallowed, and I feel like the Link boards are slowly unbecoming a community.

We have less to discuss and let's face it, the loss of the tier list makes this place slower, more boring and just kind of bleh as a whole. I don't like seeing the Link boards in this kind of shape, especially when it's the closest online community I've ever been a part of.

So as a placeholder until I come up with a better idea, I'm deciding to launch Project Link.
Okay, lame name. Anywho, I think a community combo video would be an awesome idea. Take the best of each of us and mash it into a combo video that represents every single one of us as Link mainers, but also as a community.

Long story short: Project Link is a Link Boards Community Combo Video in an effort to breathe life into a community that's slowly falling apart.

Who's with me? I have editing equipment and you can send replays by adding my Wii #.

Post suggestions for music, a title, if you're in or not and anything else you feel is helpful.

I care about these boards, and I refuse to let the community die. :(
i'd love to help with this but i can't get any vids till my friend records them but hopefully other people will do this (i don't see why not). it would be good to see this actually happen.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
i'd love to help with this but i can't get any vids till my friend records them but hopefully other people will do this (i don't see why not). it would be good to see this actually happen.
Send replays to me, I'll record them for you and integrate them into the video. My Wii # can be found to the left.

Ritch

Smash Journeyman
I'm down for this. Hopefully we can get everyone involved in this to show the Brawl Community how epic we can make Link look and that our character doesnt "suck" that much. lol

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Song:

"Link he come to town"

HELL YEAH!

I'm in. I'll definitely send some replays. This sounds too cool.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
I can do this. :D But you'll have to be able to record replays longer then 3 minutes. D: Most of my Link matches end up 3+ cause I spend too much time being fancy and not killing. xD

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Wii #: 5487 2474 4588 8557
Brawl FC: 4682-8110-9254

I have replays of my friend Lawz that I think you might like.

This seems like a great idea. The Sonic boards are doing something similar :p

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh, Wafflez.

I don't know how soon you want these replays or when you're available, but if you'd like, I could probably add your info and send replays as soon as tomorrow. Would that be a problem?

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Oh, Wafflez.

I don't know how soon you want these replays or when you're available, but if you'd like, I could probably add your info and send replays as soon as tomorrow. Would that be a problem?

Not at all. Why do Sonic mains have Haunters at the end of their posts?

That's been irking me for a while.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
@Wafflez
lol...kind of a long story...
I'll leave you a message on your profile so I don't get infracted for 'Off Topic Spam" or something...

So, tomorrow's good? Cool beans. I'm not too sure how many I'm going to send, maybe like 4-6.

Kief

Smash Ace
i'll do it, if you actually want me in it lol. i dont have much against good opponents. the only awesome thing off the top of my head that ive done is a zair edgeguard on an ike ive been pretty proud of lately :chuckle:

but im sure everybody has done that :urg:

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
i'll do it, if you actually want me in it lol. i dont have much against good opponents. the only awesome thing off the top of my head that ive done is a zair edgeguard on an ike ive been pretty proud of lately :chuckle:

but im sure everybody has done that :urg:
Accepted.

By the way, does your name have anything to do with Invader Zim, when Zim gets a best friend to seem more human?

If so, don't go chasing squirrels around.

Kief

Smash Ace
Accepted.

By the way, does your name have anything to do with Invader Zim, when Zim gets a best friend to seem more human?

If so, don't go chasing squirrels around.
lololol :laugh: it actually has to do with my actual name, which is Kiefer :laugh:

that made my day...

anyway you just want me to add you then?

sasook

Smash Champion
Of course I'm in, how could I give up a chance to show all you how to bombslide in a match?

Now I just need some replays under 3 minutes

Kief

Smash Ace
Not today, I'm "studying" for finals atm. Weekend.
ok. i'll look through my matches specifically for sick combos in the meantime.

also, im sure you've seen "the sickest combo ever" video from izaw. that HAS to go in.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?

mackman

Smash Cadet
I'm in. One question: do they have to be actual replays? Because I've got a few things that I think are cool, but I just recorded them off my laptop... the quality isn't that bad, just not as good as an actual replay.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
I'm in. One question: do they have to be actual replays? Because I've got a few things that I think are cool, but I just recorded them off my laptop... the quality isn't that bad, just not as good as an actual replay.
Send me a video file or replay.

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
Im in.

I dont have replays in my Wii (Smash Bros format) but I do have them in mp4, so maybe I can upload them somewhere for you to download Wafflez.

Ill be sending you my combo video for you to take what you want. I have some new matches recorded as well but uploading entire matches is a waste of time/space so Ill be putting all the highlights in a single video and upload that, you can take what you like.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
Let's send it to Izaw so he can edit them :p

I wonder if he would participate...not sure how often he comes here.

sasook

Smash Champion
I dont have replays in my Wii (Smash Bros format) but I do have them in mp4, so maybe I can upload them somewhere for you to download Wafflez.
Put them up on filefront.com so Wafflez can download them.

Let's send it to Izaw so he can edit them :p

I wonder if he would participate...not sure how often he comes here.
^^^^^^^^^^

WaffleZ, I'm definitely in.
A combined Link Boards Combo Video sounds fun.

Now I'm looking through my videos for cool "combo" moments.

I'll post them here as soon as I get them.
You just KNOW we have to submit that anticlimactic finish to our match lol

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
This, this is epic waiting to happen.

Get ready for clips of people having pinecones shoved in uncomfortable places.

I'll think up of some music later... music is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of a video imo, so I always take a long time to decide.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Guys, new idea.

We have more than one video editor, and we assign each video participant to an editor, who makes a video for those specific people.

Example: Link mainers 1-9 are assigned to Editor 1.
Editor 1 produces a collab video for those 9 people.
All Editors then release their videos in a series, or the "Project Link" series as a whole.

It will be the largest, most intricate collaborative effort ever attempted by a board on SWF.

All in favor?

All opposed?

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
I'd rather have one big one so it feels more like a community. We can have 11 minutes per video on Youtube...I think that's enough? Idk...where's my coffee.

numonezeldafan

Smash Cadet
Im with oddler on this one... the idea of one massive collection of crazy link combos from many different players is too freaking awesome!!!

Silencer~

Smash Cadet
I'd say whatever's easiest.
OR
this maybe a stupid idea, but maybe take the links for each region and make a combo video showcasing that region. it probably would be too much of a hassle though, but im just throwing it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom