• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M combined with SSB4 (wii u)

subbie

Smash Rookie
So with the new unique move set of Rosalina it got me thinking that it would be cool to see how well it would take the other characters from other games which made me think of project M. When SSB4 comes out if they return the stage creation aspect of the game would we not be able to launch a new version of project M off of that? Or would it not be possible. Also if that aspect doesn't come out would it be possible to downgrade the characters graphics and bring it to the Project M we have today.Or should we leave it as its own game?

~Subbie

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
So with the new unique move set of Rosalina it got me thinking that it would be cool to see how well it would take the other characters from other games which made me think of project M. When SSB4 comes out if they return the stage creation aspect of the game would we not be able to launch a new version of project M off of that? Or would it not be possible. Also if that aspect doesn't come out would it be possible to downgrade the characters graphics and bring it to the Project M we have today.Or should we leave it as its own game?

~Subbie

I have a feeling that Nintendo might not leave that same loophole in the game. It'd be amazing if they did! Regardless, it wouldn't work seamlessly (like, you couldn't play Project M on Smash4 because of that), but having that same opening in the code would mean Smash 4 was open for modding, which would be sick.

The Wii U modding scene isn't as big as the Wii modding scene right now, but all of that can change. The interesting thing about modding projects like this is that any team that decides to undertake the taunting task of doing "Project M" in Smash 4 might have some overlap, but it'll most likely be a different cast of people. When you get this committed to a mod, you don't really want to leave it for something new. The PM guys have spent years working on things like the clone engine and perfecting the physics, so they'd probably rather spend more time in this environment.

That said, I have no doubt that another team of hungry, passionate people will form around Smash 4. Since Sakurai's already told us the game's gonna have cuts again, that's probably how it'll start - people will want to bring cut characters from Melee/Brawl into Smash 4. So if you're excited about this stuff, maybe you should start brushing up on your modding skills and getting ready for Smash 4, so you can tear into it when it comes out!

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Well, Wii U homebrew/hacking is still in early stages, so it may be a while before any mods are done. Also, Smash 4 may be so balanced & great that a complete overhaul like P:M is unnecessary. If people DO find a way to hack it, then I'm sure popularity will open up fast, but for now it's not really out there at all.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Whether or not SSB4 will be able to be hacked, the PMBR has no intention of doing the same thing for that game and spending countless hours trying to "fix" whatever may need so. Unless a brand new team decides they want to take up the task, nothing will happen for Smash 4.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I hope to God no one ruins Smash 4 by hacking it. Just leave it be, even if it is bad.

Renji64

Smash Lord
We gonna need a P:M WiiU with that lame brawl airdoge returning...I feel your pain tho it is hard to get hyped for 4 when you know it is gonna suck.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Well at least it`s going to be balanced (or so they say) because no matter what it`s going to have a tourney scene just bcuz Melee.

MasterScrub

M O N A D O B O Y S
NNID
MasterScrub
The Wii U can actually patch games though, so I doubt any kind of oversight in the coding like Brawl will stick around for very long.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I look at the stages and I just KNOW it's going to be ****. I've seen like... two viable stages at most.
Well, god forbid a stage have some variation from the norm or be fun or interesting in any way. I'm tired of having people ***** about any stage that's not just a large central stage with a few platforms. Maybe have some fun with the stages, & not just be one of those guys who only plays on one stage because it's not "gimmicky." The gimmicks & craziness are what makes Smash so fun, by never using them you're just depriving yourself of half the game.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Unless it directly affects your enjoyment of the game (someone hacking on an online match), whether or not someone hacks their copy of the game is their business. SF4 isn't "ruined" for me because people do model hacks on PC. It's pointless to worry about matters that don't concern you.

RedHotRubberDucky

Smash Cadet
I think he meant, why even bother hacking Smash 4 even if it ends up being bad, which is won't. People who only hack it to make it more like Melee so we can always go to Project M or Gamecube Melee.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Unless it directly affects your enjoyment of the game (someone hacking on an online match), whether or not someone hacks their copy of the game is their business. SF4 isn't "ruined" for me because people do model hacks on PC. It's pointless to worry about matters that don't concern you.
Yeah, I see no reason why people would get mad at people who take something that they own & try to make it even more enjoyable. Nobody's forcing them to put those hacks into their game.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I think he meant, why even bother hacking Smash 4 even if it ends up being bad, which is won't. People who only hack it to make it more like Melee so we can always go to Project M or Gamecube Melee.
That I understand, there's no point in hacking a game to make it just like a game we already have. Project: M, however, is not trying to make Brawl into Melee, but rather to restore the faster pace that Melee offered, as well as balancing the whole cast & even adding brand new things(like Turbo Mode), just to make it clear that it is it's own, stand-alone game(practically) offering a truly unique experience.

RedHotRubberDucky

Smash Cadet
I don't think CroonerMike was wrong or anything, but I don't see a need why Project M has to get its hands on Smash 4 when none of us have played it yet. Since this is a board about "Project M combined with SSB4", do we have to Meleeize every Smash Bros game now? Yeah Melee was great especially for you tournament goers, but does Smash 4 really need to become the next Melee clone?

Renji64

Smash Lord
It doesn't need to be a brawl clone it is suppost to be a middleground i haven't seen anything melee like at all. the only thing appealing is faster and no tripping.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Yeah, I mean, if it actually turns out to be not that great(which I seriously doubt will happen), then I see no problem with a team overhauling it similarly to what the PMBR is doing, but making it just like Melee is redundant. If you want to play Melee, get out you're Wii/GC, & play Melee. Either way, Smash 4 will still probably have a tournament scene, just like Melee & Brawl do today, because it will still be different from what we have so far. Like I said earlier about stage choices, having the same few things over & over with no change or variance makes a game spoil very quickly. This also holds true for the engine & game mechanics, because otherwise Smash turns into CoD, & none of us want that, do we?

Vashimus

Smash Master
I never attacked anybody. Good Lord, people get their jigglies puffled way too easily.

I'll be playing Smash 4 to whoop butt with Rosalina and have a fun time in a different game. If I wanna play Melee....I'll play Project M.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
It doesn't need to be a brawl clone it is suppost to be a middleground i haven't seen anything melee like at all. the only thing appealing is faster and no tripping.
Screw this topic. I love your avatars so much. Monogatari everyday baby.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Well, god forbid a stage have some variation from the norm or be fun or interesting in any way. I'm tired of having people ***** about any stage that's not just a large central stage with a few platforms. Maybe have some fun with the stages, & not just be one of those guys who only plays on one stage because it's not "gimmicky." The gimmicks & craziness are what makes Smash so fun, by never using them you're just depriving yourself of half the game.
You know what had a lot of variation? Hanenbow.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I love some of the "gimmicky" stages, there fun as hell, but you can`t get any competitive enjoyment out of them.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Has the wii u even been hacked yet?SSB4 won't come out for 6 months to a year.

Hopefully it comes out next month though!That's still technically 2014.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Good Lord, people get their jigglies puffled way too easily.
I need this saying to become popular. It would make me smile every time I heard it.

Hopefully it comes out next month though!That's still technically 2014.
If it was coming out in January, we would have heard by now. It would have been announced at the Nintendo Direct this past week. Because even "Smash 4 in January" would be enough to boost holiday sales of Wii U / 3DS.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Good point...I am so dumb.

Well I guess I should just prepare myself for Christmas of next year...

Top Bottom