• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Demo 2.5b Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Oh boy! You guys fixed the glitch I found. : D
On a character I played for like a minute, too. (Squirtle)
The new/ish Diddy victory will be nice. Strange to add to Diddy who is already fine instead of adding a third taunt to Ivy. (Though that taunt WAS out of place) guessing most the Animation team is still out.
I'll have to download.. Too bad we can't just DL the changed files.

:phone:

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy! You guys fixed the glitch I found. : D
On a character I played for like a minute, too. (Squirtle)
The new/ish Diddy victory will be nice. Strange to add to Diddy who is already fine instead of adding a third taunt to Ivy. (Though that taunt WAS out of place) guessing most the Animation team is still out.
I'll have to download.. Too bad we can't just DL the changed files.

:phone:
The problem is that Squirt/Ivy/Zard share the same filesize limit. I would understand that Ivy wouldn't have a 3rd vic animation if they were close to reaching the size limit.

On anther note, I found a glitch/potential bug. I was Sonic on Isle Delfino, right. I use SideB somersault when the stage was changing to the atop-the-building scene. I was on the center of the scene when it changed, I was still in somersault. Sonic somersaulted through the building and I was inside the stage. I managed to spring myself through the building and on top of the stage, continuing the fight as normal. But man, that was weird. I wasn't able to replicate the event, so it must've been a glitch ( and you can't really help glitches).

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
That Delfino thing happens in Brawl, too. Not PM exclusive.

Damn Brawl.

cmart

Smash Lord
The problem is that Squirt/Ivy/Zard share the same filesize limit. I would understand that Ivy wouldn't have a 3rd vic animation if they were close to reaching the size limit.
Actually we fixed that just before release. Although the pokes were designed under that limit, it's been broken.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Grab armor...err..

I mean...

Brawl Grab trades (lol gimpy) will be staying. The mechanic is more fair than Melee's grab trading.
I'M GONNA SMASH ATTACK! *hits*
*le grab* trololololol *survives and punishes* >> kinda noobish to just spam grabs

what about brawl's shields? I liked melees big, light shields...

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
So then has that limit also been broken for Samus and ZSS? :)

It's not noobish at all 'cause your grab has to connect perfectly to avoid the KB. You do know the same phenomenon existed in Melee, right? The only difference was that the grabber was made invincible when he grabbed you, so if you're worried about 'noob grab spamming' now, then you definitely don't want Melee's grab mechanics.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Question. I tried to install project M and now my wii somehow got bricked. Has this happen to anyone.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Question. I tried to install project M and now my wii somehow got bricked. Has this happen to anyone.
how the hell...?

No this is never happened to anyone as far as PMBR knows.

pretty sure someone would of sent us a message if it has happened before.

No way P:M did this.

To brick a wii you'd have to screw with the NAND/Firmware something FIERCE.

P:M doesnt even go past the walls of Brawl.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Hopefully you have BootMii so that you can revert your Wii to factory condition. :ohwell:

Speaking of which, how many of us actually went to the trouble of installing BootMii and then backing up our Wiis immediately after? It was one of the first things I did after putting BootMii. You never know what crap could happen.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Hold on, there are folders and files you can just swap if you're trying to save custom content, like I was. All you have to do is replace the "RSBE01.gct" file in the codes folder and the "fighter", "menu", "menu2", "module", and "system" folders under private/wii/app/RSBE/pf. If you have custom content in those, then I'm sorry. All I had to worry about was my music. :ohwell:

arata18

Smash Cadet
Hey PMBR I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I just wanted to say that on behalf of me and everyone I know who has played project m... GREAT FRIGGIN JOB!!! Melee has been one of my favorite to play for years and now I enjoy Project M at least as much as I did melee. Plus everyone I know likes it even better (noobs lol) and I didn't start playing until the 2.5 release but as it continues to improve, It could very well top the list for me of one of the greatest things to happen in smash brothers history. Anyhow I figure some praise would be appreciated for a job magnificently done.
P.S. I absolutely love how ridiculous the new Mario is!

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I really miss Lucario's old (p:m) down-b :(
If you ever want to play with an old Lucario build, you can get the old Demos from the archive I made. Link in sig.

Pika's Nair sound being replaced is pro. I just have to say it again. It brings so much more of a Melee feel.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
When is a PAL version likely to be released?
We flippityswedes and other glorious master EU race ppl can still play it with a softmodded wii, but I think that a PAL version will be EXTREMELY important for it's popularity with the release of WiiU.

AdahyBearclaw

Smash Rookie
I'm REALLY excited for the next update. Samus and others really need to brought back. Also, Turbo Mode will be hilarious. XD What has me wondering is how are they going to put a character like Pichu in the game when he wasn't there originally? o_0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom