• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
GGs Kev. Sorry I was so flippin bad. >,< I'll play Kaizo. What's your FC? Mine is under name. EDIT: oh okay. :3

Raphius

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to pass my findings along -

I was pretty frustrated with the performance of Smash online using the wi-fi connection, so on a recommendation picked up a Wii LAN Adapter. For those that may not know, it's an adapter that plugs into the USB port on the back of your Wii and has an ethernet port to hardwire your LAN line in.

I can testify that the connection has increased 10 fold. The lag, while still there, is almost unnoticeable in some instances and definitely playable in others. You'll still get the hiccup here and there that will mess you up, but i no long get the "press button........ ..... ......character reacts" syndrome I was getting before.

It's about $10 on Amazon (Free 2 day shipping with Prime) and will make your game play SO much better. I actually enjoy playing online now whereas before I was thinking of setting the online portion down as it just wasn't fun.

Here's a link to a $10 LAN adapter on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Ethernet-...id=1389709558&sr=8-1&keywords=wii+lan+adapter

I would highly suggest if you have $10 and plan on playing online even somewhat frequently to pick one up (it will obviously also require you to have your wii somehwere where you can hook it up to a cable connection).

Mattchu

Smash Lord
NNID
Mattchu64
3DS FC
4167-4642-2080
i would like to try this 3.02 out if anyone wants to play let me know

Raphius

Smash Cadet
I believe you mean 3.01? Unless there was another update i don't know about?

I would play you but i'm at work

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
wait, what version is out now? 3.02 is on the Project M site. should I get that?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
im down to play but i dont have 3.02 yet, is that going to be a problem?
I don't think so, the bug fixes were pretty minor and very situational.
The name heights on CSPs were lowered to where they should be now that color bars are gone. Kirby Lucario hat canceling aura sphere no longer freezes you in place. Roy's final smash no longer has him invisible if you clank the attack. Falco fsmash charge gfx are now properly on his feet.

That is the entire 3.02 changelist.
EDIT: Guess you do need 3.02

Last edited:

Drigonaut

Smash Apprentice
I'm on now for a little bit. 3.04 is out apparently so that's what i got.

EDIT: jk that must have been just the launcher. i'm at 3.02

kaizo13

Smash Champion
good stuff Drigo. that falcon punch was crazy lol.

oh and Nizmo, u really need to start shorthopping. specifically SH>Dair. your missing all your aerials, try using fireballs to approach. I noticed you dont use them as much as you should. good games

Last edited:
Top Bottom