• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

ThatLinkDude

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the reason why that happened is because you did not have good combo DI. When you're getting comboed or chain grabbed, you usually want to DI diagonally down and away from the opponent so that you can avoid the most devastating follow-up (again, this isn't true for all characters. For some match ups [and at some percents], holding in or doing no DI at all is the best combo DI). You were not DI'ing away from Pit at all so every time I did down throw, you were still in my re-grab range before you could hit the ground to tech because you plop up right in front of me. If you DI'd down and away from me, I can't regrab you for free and would have to react to/read your tech option and try to punish you either with another grab or literally anything else. The latter situation is much harder for me to do and it's more likely that I will mess up, causing you to get away. With Pit, it you want good combo DI, hold diagonally down and away from Pit before getting down thrown.
appreciate it Kman

9Kplus1

Smash Master
lol ggs, 9k. It somewhat reminded me of Brawl :'D

Also, I recently picked up Pit a few weeks ago and I'm really liking him! You happen to have any advice?
Have a bit more patience and awareness when techchasing; you're still basically a Sheik with wings, so if you can't follow my DI, just do something rly passive like WD in place to position yourselr better for a follow-up. Also, angle your arrows more often if you're using them in neutral. You can poke shields, catch jumps, and just put pressure on ppl in general with those kind of maneuvers. Uuuuh, and I guess this applies to edgeguarding as well; arrow looping can cover a lot of area offstage, and limits where I can recover from (it's esp useful vs tether characters). There are also times when can start, extend or just turn combos into techchases with Nair, namely when you're following up mid% Fairs or out of Dthrows that you can't follow up with shield bash or a finishing aerial. Lastly, I think that your combo game could use a little cleaning up; rather than going for Dthrow techchases at low%s, you can just go for something like Ftilt -> techchase Dair -> Nair -> regrab -> whatever you want. It completely screws with your opp's pacing if you've been playing patiently and more or less straightforward in a match. Also, dash attack dan help extend combos if you can get your opp to the ledge and aren't in the position to use a tilt / Dsmash.

Other than that, your patience works well with Pit's tools. You know when to go in and take advantage of that momentum pretty well. Like, given my experience with your other characters, it's genuinely scary to get touched by your Pit if I'm not Yoshi. Keep it up, bro.

Got any tips tor my ICs btw?

NanaShiro

Smash Apprentice
it's been like 5 month since i played PM, can anyone tell me if i have to download the 3.6 beta to play online?

Top Bottom