• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M simply won't work

Oborawatabinoss

Smash Rookie
I've tried everything that doesn't involve modding my Wii. I've formatted my SD card, downloaded the hackles full set a number of times, moved everything from the folder to my SD card, deleted every custom stage, and it still won't work. To be more specific, I get to the Project M launcher just fine, but when I press Launch the screen goes dark and after a few seconds my Wii restarts.

This is seriously aggravating and I'd appreciate some help.

Last edited:

Metarai

Smash Apprentice
I never had this problem before, even with custom stages. Have you looked at some of the troubleshooting guides on smashboards?

flip1012

Smash Rookie
I would have said that you had too big of a memory card, but you said that you got into the launcher...
i would probably downgrade the wii to an earlier version, it might be because the new software sees Project M as a "bad" file and hence it restarts itself before any "damage" happens to the system. But make sure you downgrade it properly becasue you can actually brick your wii if you try to downgrade it. Read about it a lot before you do so, make sure your doing everything right.

Last edited:

Mr. Grimlock

Smash Rookie
I can't even get the launcher! I load up the game, go to stage builder with the sd card in, and nothing happens. yes its 2 gigs. I fallowed the instructions to the letter and still nothing

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
i would probably downgrade the wii to an earlier version
I really wouldn't advise trying to downgrade the Wii. There's just too much that can go wrong so easily. Especially if you have a newer Wii (later than 2008/9), or a Wii Mini or Family Edition, you cannot downgrade your Wii below the System Menu version that came pre-installed on it, or you will brick it. Also most if not all homebrew will work on System Menu 4.3, including Project M, so there is pretty much no reason to risk downgrading. In short, don't downgrade your Wii, ever.

it might be because the new software sees Project M as a "bad" file and hence it restarts itself before any "damage" happens to the system
This shouldn't happen. Maybe if Project M contained some bad Gecko codes, it might reboot itself - but if that happened, the PM team wouldn't release the faulty codes.

I can't even get the launcher! I load up the game, go to stage builder with the sd card in, and nothing happens. yes its 2 gigs. I fallowed the instructions to the letter and still nothing
Is the SD card unlocked? (the little switch on the left side)

Emg3

Smash Cadet
I have the same exact problem as OP! I had 3.0 on my sd card then when I downloaded 3.02 it doesn't work. Was this issue ever resolved?

Haani

Smash Rookie
Are you using a micro SD with an SD adapter? I had the same problem until I switched to a regular SD then it worked perfectly

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
  • Install GeckoOS to your SD card (download link, copy the boot.elf from /Gecko1931/HBC/Gecko1931/ to your SD card root)
  • Load GeckoOS via the Stage Builder
  • Go to "Loader Config"
  • Set SD Cheats to On, and change "Hooktype" to AXNextFrame
  • Save your settings
  • Return to GeckoOS main menu
  • Boot game

Top Bottom