• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
@ Hylian Hylian you're the only pm ics player I know other than fumbles, do all the melee desynchs work in pm? Or most? Can I still do pivot desynchs, dash back have Nana charge fsmash, tomber's empty dash/half dash dance grab desynchs thing? Side step still let's you buffer Nana next move?

And release points are getting fixed? I'm trying to learn them in melee and want to know of things will transfer next patch lol.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Who the hell are you? I've been a member of Smashboards since early '07 and I play every single smash game at a comp level. I've played in multiple national events and I know Strife pretty well as well, probably a hell of a lot better than you. PM happens to be my favorite game in the series but unlike you, I understand that if Nintendo sponsors a tournament, they wouldn't exactly want a mod to be a big-stage game. I mean it is Nintendo who tried to block melee of all things at Evo. I understand the passion you guys have with this game.

I've also been playing PM for years. The first time I played PM was in demo 2.0. I honestly dislike being an elitist **** but honestly, who are you?

The main reason why I came in this thread was quite simple, to tell you guys that quite simply, Alex has 2 choices here if he is indeed being sponsored by Nintendo:
  • Cancel the sponsorship and risk having the entire stream being cut off/losing other sponsors due to this decision, which would also probably cancel Apex itself.
  • Cancel this single mod game (that happened to have a glorious event last year)

What would your decision be in his case, not as someone who has never hosted a tournament before and has helped people from every single smash community?
We know exactly why PM is being dropped. I never had any hope that a tournament Nintendo was sponsoring would include PM, so let's get that strawman out of the way.

But I have a hard time believing that Nintendo has a damn gun to his head regarding the sponsorship to the point where they want to shut down the stream if he declines (because fans certainly took that sitting down in the past). The fact that there's apparently not been a hint of a compromise makes it all seem pretty fishy to me.

You're right in that Strife's gonna do whatever he wants to do, but I don't give a damn if you helped deliver his first-born child for all I care. I wanna hear what the deal is from the horse's mouth. If being passionate about the games you love makes you seem "PMSy" in the process, then yeah, consider me on that time of the month.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
But I have a hard time believing that Nintendo has a damn gun to his head regarding the sponsorship to the point where they want to shut down the stream (because fans certainly took that sitting down in the past).
Then you're really naive, because that's exactly what's happening

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
except that's entirely unreasonable because of everything mentioned in this damn thread for the past ten pages

I ain't repeating myself, any threat nintendo could make is flimsy at best, this was a decision that was still his

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
@ Hylian Hylian you're the only pm ics player I know other than fumbles, do all the melee desynchs work in pm? Or most? Can I still do pivot desynchs, dash back have Nana charge fsmash, tomber's empty dash/half dash dance grab desynchs thing? Side step still let's you buffer Nana next move?

And release points are getting fixed? I'm trying to learn them in melee and want to know of things will transfer next patch lol.
Most melee desynchs work in PM yes, maybe not all of them. Pivot desynchs are even better than melees, yes you can do the desynchs you listed after as well.

Release points are already fixed in 3.5, tested by yours truly for handoffs/chaingrabs they work great.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Wonderful, thanks :)

I thought everyone knew about pm not being at apex months ago, we even talked about it in this thread at that time

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Eh, just gonna keep playing PM until **** actually happens. But I will say outright that PM is the main hook that keeps me invested in the rest of the series and I'd sooner leave Smash altogether instead of stay invested if it meant not being able to play Ike:M at tournaments anymore.

@ SpiderMad SpiderMad I'm working on some of Ike's nuances like his autocancels and I have to ask, outside of Uair AC what purpose is there to Bair and Nair AC? They're both relatively low lag on landing as is and late aerial Nair is a solid option for popping up and continuing combos. I do know that Bair has like a 2 frame window or so to DJ Bair which is sick, but that's about it. I'm also working on grounded pivot QDs but I'm junk at >B B-reversals.
All of his aerials autocancel including Fair and Dair. There's also SH Bair WL.

If you autocancel bair out of say a QD, you can drift further during it and then get the 4 frames of lag or even WL as well.. which I forgot to show in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gBDctEu8Hg#t=176 ) . Same with all the other AC aerials, and for all the other reasons AC aerials are good for other stuff you can retreating Fair/Nair AC and catch people off guard with a DACPivot grab right after or if they're too close you can counter right away. You can also FH Dair early and get it to autocancel pretty quickly on certain platform heights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5SEGAHiDz8&list=PLovBMkMLex7xhb2XjvWL1l40KnxhgwIrN&index=8

Generally knowing what you can get out of AC'ing any move tells you what utilities open up. SH Nair/Fair/Bair/Uair AC with Marth, SH Bair AC with Falco.

@ Spidermad, I'll give it a shot PM me, no recording setup, though I could try it on Dolphin.
And record your dolphin? Do QD Reverse SH Bair DJ Double Bair (Triple Bair) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gBDctEu8Hg#t=202 If you can do that I'll give you harder early aerials.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
SpiderMad you have an unhealthy obsession with early aerials

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
except that's entirely unreasonable because of everything mentioned in this damn thread for the past ten pages

I ain't repeating myself, any threat nintendo could make is flimsy at best, this was a decision that was still his
This is basically 100% true. Nintendo's already been asked about P:M and they've responded with an answer that basically equated to "We can't sponsor it but whatever." At least I'm PRETTY sure that's the answer Prog got when he asked about it.

Honestly it's Alex Strife, and I think PM will only show up at majors not sponsored by Nintendo which, again, is fine. Grassroots will always have it and locals will definitely have it, it's not going to fizzle up and die I don't think. So long as the community and the creators keep at it, it lives.

The idea that Nintendo would C&D it this late even after it's been in the public eye (and HUGE) for so long is laughable. Plus this happened with Melee at EVO and they do NOT want a repeat of that.

I'm still gonna complain about Doc's gloves being weird colors on all of his costumes though. Blue gloves on the white suit? Weird gloves on the black one? What up with dat?

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium

I thought everyone knew about pm not being at apex months ago, we even talked about it in this thread at that time
this is what was confusing me about all this hullabaloo
I thought we knew Apex wasn't going to have PM for a while now
or at the very least I figured people would assume it wouldn't be there because Apex aiming for Nintendo support is nothing new, and it's silly to think PM would be at a Nintendo sponsored event in any official way

Bazkip

Smash Master

this is what was confusing me about all this hullabaloo
I thought we knew Apex wasn't going to have PM for a while now
or at the very least I figured people would assume it wouldn't be there because Apex aiming for Nintendo support is nothing new, and it's silly to think PM would be at a Nintendo sponsored event in any official way
Because at that point all of it was unconfirmed rumours.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I'm also wondering abot that ^
I shibespiked my roommates samus right out of an empty wall jump, aren't they supposed t have invincibility? Or is thay just on wall jump techs?

Super-Smasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
awesomesauce425
3DS FC
4699-5514-7129
Just wondering, but I realized something.

If Project M requires an NTSC or JP copy, and it supports Gecko (for all versions), then I've been thinking.

If Gecko has an option to Force NTSC for PAL, then doesn't that mean it could work with Project M?

Vashimus

Smash Master
vash got blasted on lul
Don't really care either way. Never seem him before until now, so of course I'm gonna be passionate about some stranger mocking the community I care about.

Plus considering I'm being quoted and gossiped behind my back in other threads like we're in middle school, and having to go over there and defend myself to strangers simply because they don't like what I have to say, it tells me these people aren't worth it, and that I'm doing something right. I refuse to waste time on cowards.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
This is what makes everyone's dramatic outbursts even funnier. We didn't know if PM was going to be at apex for sure, but anyone with half a brain could figure it wasn't going to happen. For that reason I think getting mad about it is pretty dumb. It sucks that it happened, but the only thing we can do is try to set up a side-tourney and move on.
It seems like people are more focused on the potential C&D that may await PM in the future, but this is also something that we have known from the ****ing beginning. There is no reason people should be becoming worried now- nothing has changed.

I'm more mad at the amount of people sperging over this ****, they should just delete their smashboards accounts. Or don't, and keep entertaining me.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
All this talk about a C&D from Nintendo, I think I'll just hold my depression for when I hear it in a blog post straight from the PM website.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
A cease-and-desist would not stop anything for real.
You lot are ignoring the facts that have been established by the failures of corporation far larger than the Big N.
[
INTENSIFIES]

Sedda

Smash Champion
Plus considering I'm being quoted and gossiped behind my back in other threads like we're in middle school, and having to go over there and defend myself to strangers simply because they don't like what I have to say, it tells me these people aren't worth it, and that I'm doing something right. I refuse to waste time on cowards.
Pretty funny coming from someone whose first reaction is saying things like "who the hell are you?"

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Just wondering, but I realized something.

If Project M requires an NTSC or JP copy, and it supports Gecko (for all versions), then I've been thinking.

If Gecko has an option to Force NTSC for PAL, then doesn't that mean it could work with Project M?
Step 1: Download NTCS iso of Brawl and put it on Flash drive

Step 2: Get project M and CFGloader

Step 3: Turn on ocarina codes in the options for Brawl in CFGLoader

Step 4: Run Brawl

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Might be a little late but here are my thoughts
All this situation means is that Apex/CEO won't have PM and Apex/CEO is stupid
Other big tournaments will see how well this is going over and keep PM
Or they'll see money and go for that who knows
But PM will live if we continue to support it
PM will get a popularity boost once the clone engine characters start coming anyway so

I also doubt Nintendo will ever C&D PM
Too much of a gray area imo
And if they do I doubt they'll get away unscathed
We'll ***** enough and they'll either back up or be recognized as ***** for eternity
And I doubt Nintendo will go for the latter. they enjoy their friendly image
But they are still a company tho so who knows

Regardless, I'm confident we can keep PM going if we try, this isn't the death of PM or anything

Apex is a total **** tho

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Pretty funny coming from someone whose first reaction is saying things like "who the hell are you?"
What can I say, I don't stand for people mocking my friends.

Almost in the same way when I'm defending myself in the 64 boards I get told to get my PM scum out of there.

It's whatever, let's just move on at this point.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
meh.

your whole "coward" monologue isn't impressive. If anything, at least the PMS bit was funny, and it described a lot of you people's reaction towards the APEX stuff. Apparently, some from this section saw this coming anyway, so the reactions ARE pretty funny.

I personally think that you guys could be spending your time better by going from a 100% reactionary position to actually get the community together (TO's and big PM players) and talk about the possibility of lack of PM support at big tournaments.

Plan for a big national or two... talk to Juggleguy to see what his position (big house, other midwest regionals) is, and if he can give you guys support in his tournament series. Same for the SKTAR stuff/ general non-apex tournaments.
Lashing out at people for them laughing at your outburst isn't really going to get you anywhere, especially if you start firing back with nonsense.

Get your people together and DO SOMETHING.

PM has a lot of life left in it. Being excluded from the biggest smash tournament series can hurt the scene, but you guys can still grow a ****load

Last edited:

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
Well i have only been involved with smash for a year now but from what i understand the community has gone through worse things. my condolences to those people who have already made travel plans for the P:M events at apex, but i think everything will be ok in the long run, P:M at apex or not . But hey what do i know.

this is where i put a snarky remark about me being a P:M zelda main

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
meh.

your whole "coward" monologue isn't impressive. If anything, at least the PMS bit was funny, and it described a lot of you people's reaction towards the APEX stuff. Apparently, some from this section saw this coming anyway, so the reactions ARE pretty funny.

I personally think that you guys could be spending your time better by going from a 100% reactionary position to actually get the community together (TO's and big PM players) and talk about the possibility of lack of PM support at big tournaments.

Plan for a big national or two... talk to Juggleguy to see what his position (big house, other midwest regionals) is, and if he can give you guys support in his tournament series. Same for the SKTAR stuff/ general non-apex tournaments.
Lashing out at people for them laughing at your outburst isn't really going to get you anywhere, especially if you start firing back with nonsense.

Get your people together and DO SOMETHING.

PM has a lot of life left in it. Being excluded from the biggest smash tournament series can hurt the scene, but you guys can still grow a ****load
This exchange is getting nowhere fast.

I support @ Vashimus Vashimus and I think that the PMS thing was uncalled for.

I think that Vash is trying to move on from the conversation so something can be done like you suggest in the response post.

Nobody is saying we're ****** at this point. People are just voicing frustration, which is fine and fair, and needs to be done. We can't be too passive.

Death threats = too much

saying we're overreacting = too little

Vashimus

Smash Master
Plus who knows what happens in the future? Let's say what they're saying actually is true and Nintendo really is putting them in a bind and threatening to shut them down if they don't comply. In that case, what's stopping them from sponsoring other big events in the future and excluding PM, and threatening to shut them down if they disagree? Big House 5? Zenith 2015? SKTAR 4?

I know, extreme hypotheticals, but I love this mod too damn much to take a chance on hypotheticals.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
I'm not saying that the conversation between Strife and Nintendo is them shutting streams down if they don't comply.
I'm saying that I'm sure that's where Strife is trying to avoid the conversation getting to. He can't defend PM. Do you really think Strife would keep PM out of the tournament if it was 100% up to him? PM going from an invitational in 2013 to a 400+ person tourney in 2014 to NOT being present in 2015 doesn't seem like a decision Strife would make.

Absolutely NOTHING is stopping Nintendo from keeping PM from being on these tournaments, because they're figuring out that another way to market Smash 4 is to "support" tournaments, where, at the same time, they don't want to support a mod.

That's why it's important for you guys to reach out to the big TO's before they get to talk with Nintendo.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I get that you guys feel like complaining and stuff

But we just had our hypest PM tournament yet in France
I'll give you videos when they're online <3

(and I wasn't there because I'm broke as hell)

Top Bottom