• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
A movie that aired on Cartoon Network in November is old as hell, don't deny it Jordan Peele.
Uh...Who?

And I feel like you kinda chose the wrong thing to consider it "old" by since it aired in Japanese theaters back in Summer last year. Our point is that he DVD and Blu-Ray didn't come out til December and the sub-group that subs Pokemon didn't have it finished until now.

I've had the English aired one since November 8th, but since I'm watching XY in Japanese, I wanted the movie in it as well.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
@PlateProp
hm i thought about it at work and i think 3 small 3 med 3 large would work best with two bans
shrugs i do understand cping but i also dont see how stage size is the only factor in deciding what to ban or where to go for your cp since its definitely not for me i guess

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Uh...Who?
Key and Peele, it's a funny sketch show. You talking about being called half-white made me think of it.

Try watching DBZ abridged. It's great if you love DBZ and simultaneously want to skip the nonsensical filler
Don't know why people are so allergic to Kai but that pretty much cuts the filler without being a parody of itself.

You can even watch the Dead Zone movie and the Garlic Jr. Saga episodes in between Frieza and Cell if you want the whole experience.

Dead Zone is the only movie I would consider canon.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...I just realized the main thing about competitive Smash that I'll probably learn in Texas that I have never been able to grasp or understand.

Stage picking and counterpicking. I have literally no idea how it works and never gave it much thought on my own since I play on literally every stage in PM.

I'm so oblivious. XD;

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
...how do you set up starters for that, though?
i kinda like umbreon's starter list. smashville, battlefield and ps2. three fairly neutral stages, two of kind of medium size and one bigger one thats still pretty neutral
if you must have 5, add GHZ and either dreamland or DP depending on your preference

also, re: my previous post. the not really understanding why stage size is the main reason to ban/pick a stage could possibly have to do with playing a character who can do well on basically any stage type
Stage picking and counterpicking. I have literally no idea how it works and never gave it much thought on my own since I play on literally every stage in PM.
im kind of the same way, most cases i ban the stages i dont like for whatever reason and am pretty much comfortable with any MU on other stages.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
im kind of the same way, most cases i ban the stages i dont like for whatever reason and am pretty much comfortable with any MU on other stages.
I'll play on whatever anyone wants since I've already adapted myself to all of the stages with all of my characters, so I really don't care either way.

Oh, I see you also live in Texas...Sure are a lot of Texans in here. o_o

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
@ Saxophoneoftime Saxophoneoftime

Since you asked for pics earlier~

Personally I think you are workin' it.

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
@ Saxophoneoftime Saxophoneoftime

Since you asked for pics earlier~

holy **** kaye you look like a badass action hero

seriously you could pass as a fighting game character

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Personally I think you are workin' it.
You think so? This is something new for me, so maybe I'm just not used to it or anything. Hell, this is also the first time my sideburns have been fully cut off instead of shortened. At least my eyebrows weren't touched, though. XD

holy **** kaye you look like a badass action hero

seriously you could pass as a fighting game character
Oh c'mon, you're really exaggerating. XD

Though that's not the first time I've been told something like that. Most people say I sound like I should be an actor or something when I tell them what my name is. Especially when they find out how you spell my first name, which no one gets right the first time, save for one exception. Kinda helps that I'm literally the only person there is with my full name, though. No doubles for me. ¦D

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Kinda helps that I'm literally the only person there is with my full name, though. No doubles for me. ¦D
Same. But that's mostly because my last name is a weird pseudo-german cluster**** that nobody can spell or pronounce.

Remember that documentary that I posted? I was credited as "Kyle Leuptow". They spelled it wrong. Even in writing people can't get my name right.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Same. But that's mostly because my last name is a weird pseudo-german cluster**** that nobody can spell or pronounce.

Remember that documentary that I posted? I was credited as "Kyle Leuptow". They spelled it wrong. Even in writing people can't get my name right.
My last name is simple but my first name is actually a black egyptian eyeliner. However, it's also the name of a very popular clothes store, so I don't let anyone off easy when I tell them "It's like Cole/Coal but spelled differently and with a 'K' " when they wanna play a guessing game about it.

Fun fact, the name "Kaye Cruiser" is actually a derivation of my own name. The same goes somewhat for the names of the other 3 characters in my sig and the other 46 aside from them.

I don't mind sharing my name since it always ends up spread around anyways so I wouldn't mind actually saying what it is. (Thanks Facebook and my family)

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I remember waaaay back when my Mom wanted to show everyone my DeviantArt not knowing what kinda stuff was up there or in my favorites.

Whoa nelly, that was a hell of a doozy. XD

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
dude if anybody wants to watch a super ****ing insanely gorgeous wildly action packed anime movie that my 1-year old laptop can't even process here it is: http://www.animetake.com/rakuen-tsuihou-expelled-from-paradise/

I continue to be ultra salty that even after getting like the best anime-running vid client and codec on the web it's still too choppy to enjoy. I literally have to wait until I get a better computer to WATCH THIS MOVIE. Never thought I'd say that.

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman

Player -0

Smash Hero
My last name is simple but my first name is actually a black egyptian eyeliner. However, it's also the name of a very popular clothes store, so I don't let anyone off easy when I tell them "It's like Cole/Coal but spelled differently and with a 'K' " when they wanna play a guessing game about it.

Fun fact, the name "Kaye Cruiser" is actually a derivation of my own name. The same goes somewhat for the names of the other 3 characters in my sig and the other 46 aside from them.

I don't mind sharing my name since it always ends up spread around anyways so I wouldn't mind actually saying what it is. (Thanks Facebook and my family)
Your name is Kohl? *actually didn't google it because I know what it's called for some reason*

Edit - Uhh, I meen, yous nayms b tripin

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The dark lord reveals himself.
...What the **** am I looking at? XD

Although I do use purple Ganon in PM and Sm4sh so...

Actually, this reminds me of when my friendly neighborhood cat Lloyd kept interrupting me while I was trying to play Sm4sh 3DS.

So it is kinda accurate.

Last edited:

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
"Texas hereby challenges socal to an 8v8 crew battle at Aftershock. 8 players, 2 alternates each. Assemble your crew if you're ready"

-Oracle

so much **** talk already on that page lmao

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Your name is Kohl? *actually didn't google it because I know what it's called for some reason*

Edit - Uhh, I meen, yous nayms b tripin
Yeah it--...Well, had you speaking normal english for a slight second anyway. ¦D;

Yeah, it's Kohl. Kohl Cooper to be precise.

Funny thing is that soon I'll be the only one in my family with my last name once my older sister is married. lol

There, I've made the grand mistake of name dropping myself on a public forum. Can't hide from the trash talk now. (Though I'm probably gonna meet a lot of you soon anyways)

Now one of you nutjobs come after me so I can have a legit excuse to vent my pent up frustrations out in you. ¦3

@ | Kailex | | Kailex |

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Says the South Carolinian.

Uh, actually...

You know what? Nevermind. ¦D

I saw the room and closed the tab before anything could happen.

Nope. I am not gonna sit here and be paranoid tonight, thank you.
SC HAS THE BEST SCENE OF HIGHSCHOOLERS

GET EDUCATED

FANFAFAC 3 AINT EVEN SCARY SINCE LIKE MIDDLE SCHOOL

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
SC HAS THE BEST SCENE OF HIGHSCHOOLERS

GET EDUCATED

FANFAFAC 3 AINT EVEN SCARY SINCE LIKE MIDDLE SCHOOL
Dude, I know that you prefer it, but personally, I think you should lay off the "air".

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
lool
south carolina is awful
in so many ways
sc highschools are free

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Virginia is...weird.

What kind of state it is really depends on where you live in it and then what sub-section of the sub-section you live in is like for a few days before the whole balance gets shifted out of whack.

Still a lot better than Maine, though.

Never again.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
All Elliot Rodger had to do was watch Simple Pickup.. and not have a mental illness.. and be spoiled.. and racist.. and evil

@PlateProp : @Yeroc put holes in his but I don't know if he put any kind of fan
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-new-guide-to-spray-painting-your-gamecube-controller.265922/

I agree somewhat, but what can we do? The GC controller isn't built to play Smash, it's built to play platformers (hence the massive and centered A button). No one wants to make a controller built for Smash, for whatever reason.

The analog functions are the stickiest part. Arcade joysticks meant for high-APM play like Smash (and of course fighting games) are near-universally digital (Smash is the only commonly-played 2D fighter with analog movement).

Man if we could somehow make a "Smash Stick" with an analog joystick and a smaller digital one for the c-stick, that would be sweet. I doubt anyone would switch controllers though, it's just been too long.
You got interesting views but no controller mankind has made come close to be better for Smash yet, at least for the well made Originals that is.

And replacing the C-stick with a digital might interfere with stuff like Dual-Stick DI; but I'm not sure if SDI only relies on four cardinal and four ordinal directions.

Smash having two analog triggers (along with the digital press) and two analog sticks is indeed what makes it beyond the other fighters. Having analog inputs is like the quintessence of what Smash is all about.

Take light shielding while shield angling for example. I can light shield so many sizes, while angling it outward various amounts in any direction. That alone gives you thousands of options.

Our universe is actually Digital
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0TKtwjUG9M&index=5&list=PLjpbX0XZ76T22fRJtbFm7ovy2kyUTYUyC
http://www.holographicuniverseworkshops.com/

Fighters with Digital inputs trying to replicate opportunities and variations

Smash

Light press air dodge is so amazing in PM, for its ergonomic ease and speed.

But in a perfect world where no one needs ergonomics, hard press air dodge and most all of Melee's current designs are rock solid.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Too bad "perfect" worlds can only ever exist in fiction by virtue of being...y'know, "perfect".
:^(

Last edited:
Top Bottom