• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
@ Strong Badam Strong Badam By the way, your streaming of TTYD inspired me to play through the game again myself. I never actually attempted the final boss as a kid. I also didn't even know superguard was a thing.

I tried to do the pre-Hooktail Pit of 100 Trials challenge but I am much too rusty and was never even that good as a kid, so I left the pit at 60 after realizing there was no chance I'd get through. Being overleveled and having Strange Sack basically from the outset is fun though.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
@ Strong Badam Strong Badam By the way, your streaming of TTYD inspired me to play through the game again myself. I never actually attempted the final boss as a kid. I also didn't even know superguard was a thing.

I tried to do the pre-Hooktail Pit of 100 Trials challenge but I am much too rusty and was never even that good as a kid, so I left the pit at 60 after realizing there was no chance I'd get through. Being overleveled and having Strange Sack basically from the outset is fun though.
Glad to hear it! TTYD is in my top 3 games of all time. Sometime I want to continue streaming it, since I'd like to 100% it and do Pit of 100 Trials. Taking a break to stream some Smash for about a month in preparation for Aftershock at the moment though :3

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
TTYD is the best Paper Mario game.
Why are you guys talking about Karts when F Zero GX exists?
The lack of a Wii U F-Zero game when they make shiny HD versions of F-Zero maps w/ Mario Kart 8 and Nintendo Land is inexcusable.

ilikesquids

Smash Cadet
Glad to hear it! TTYD is in my top 3 games of all time. Sometime I want to continue streaming it, since I'd like to 100% it and do Pit of 100 Trials. Taking a break to stream some Smash for about a month in preparation for Aftershock at the moment though :3
TTYD is amazing

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
All-Star Racing Transformed is more fun than any of the kart racers, and you race cars on the road for the most part.

It is generally overlooked because Ninty weebs think Mario Kart is the only model for a party racer, but the formula is pretty tired at this point.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I always wished they would revamp the F Zero series but I understand it'd just be the same thing over and over. Maybe add weapons and powers to the game without stealing too much of markokart's thunder?

JOE!

Smash Hero
Transform the fzero machines into fighting bots so you can fight and race.

Blue falcon is obv smash falco bot when transformed

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ JOE! JOE! How I imagine that should look like; Transformers - Fall of Cybertron: THE RACING MINI-GAME
Funnily enough, both WfC and FoC have timed escape missions and stuff, and are on Steam, so...Modding time?

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Then you have not experienced what is best in life.
Meh, I've watched enough of it to say that I'd be more interested if a newer game released.

But at the same time, I don't like any of F-Zero's characters or designs outside of Captain Falcon, Blood Falcon and Phoenix.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
All-Star Racing Transformed is more fun than any of the kart racers, and you race cars on the road for the most part.

It is generally overlooked because Ninty weebs think Mario Kart is the only model for a party racer, but the formula is pretty tired at this point.
I suppose glutting the game with the varies SEGA characters didn't help to a lesser extent.

Though I love the SEGA crossover concept, because let's face it those guys and gals aren't going anywhere otherwise.

Where the **** is the Puyo Puyo content ya ****heads?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I suppose glutting the game with the varies SEGA characters didn't help to a lesser extent.

Though I love the SEGA crossover concept, because let's face it those guys and gals aren't going anywhere otherwise.
...how is putting a bunch of classic Sega characters into a crossover game a bad thing?

Smooth Criminal

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
I always wished they would revamp the F Zero series but I understand it'd just be the same thing over and over. Maybe add weapons and powers to the game without stealing too much of markokart's thunder?
By this point, I would be alright with a GX remake.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
...how is putting a bunch of classic Sega characters into a crossover game a bad thing?

Smooth Criminal
Never said it's a bad thing, but let's just say there's a reason why the title evolved from "Sega Superstars" to "Sonic & All-Stars".

Because marketing, and even despite that the Sonic series (ironically) had the shoddy reception when it comes to racing games.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Never said it's a bad thing, but let's just say there's a reason why the title evolved from "Sega Superstars" to "Sonic & All-Stars".

Because marketing, and even despite that the Sonic series (ironically) had the shoddy reception when it comes to racing games.
See, that I can understand.

Smooth Criminal

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Because it's like Sega is going "Look we didn't forget about them! We're just not going to make anything other than bad Sonic games!"
Let's just clarify that going third-party didn't do that company favors, especially after the SEGA-Sammy merge. But the other problem is that the company has in general is that it's **** when it comes to handling IPs not named Sonic the Hedgehog. if it's not Sonic the Hedgehog, it's either dead in the water or stuck forever in Grorious Nippon.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Lost my PS Vita, RIP Persona Machine.
I could probably get it back if the guy who found it is nice enough though. Some demos were downloaded and it sent me emails about it.
They seem at least good enough to not immediately buy everything w/ my card that was still on it (removed it just in case anyway.)

Last edited:

B.W.

Smash Champion
I still play the original Sonic Riders from time to time. That game was actually good.

Also if Sega made another Billy Hatcher game, I'd get it in a heartbeat. Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg was too good.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
There was a board in sonic riders that was literally unparalleled. I forgot it's exact name. It's a weak board but it allows you to constantly drift.

It literally destroys the game. No normal board in the game can beat that.

Last edited:

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
Have they ever taken away the glicthed time trials runs in All-Star Racing Transformed? I'll have to check and see my PS3.

Whelp, they didn't :V. Still top 10 in Graffity City. Cheating is fun.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
A skilled roy can melt steel beams
Good thing they nerfed him in project m

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Midnightclub LA is the best racing game...
behind F-Zero GX obviously.

god i wanna play that right now, might have to search for an iso right quick obtain it like a real christian

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
John Cena watched anime with me and my kohaī last night.
S-stop lying. John Cena would never watch dumb anime yo.

Meh, I've watched enough of it to say that I'd be more interested if a newer game released.

But at the same time, I don't like any of F-Zero's characters or designs outside of Captain Falcon, Blood Falcon and Phoenix.
Boo this man.

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581

Roger Buster's gonna deliver a can of whoopass to you.

Top Bottom