• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
sounds like you know a lot of rich white kids
I wish I was a rich white kid.

Maybe then I could slack off in High School and have daddy pay my way into Harvard.
Literally know someone who did that. Must be nice having a billionaire for a father.

wiztick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xhudayoloswagx
So, the DFW crew just held a 3.02 side-bracket at their 100th weekly.

Does everyone still think that was the 'fun patch' now?
i do. maining link's boomerang was hella fun.
dark souls 3 is poop. that is all.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I like watching the shared controller challenges, it looks exactly like when I try to play Melee
Except with shield drops

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
So I caved and ordered a Vive. I'm pretty hyped to have VR but rip my wallet.

And I'm also going to my first con soon, which will hopefully be fun despite being a con that has a little less personal interest in it for me than like Pax or something. Anime is still cool.

Also Enter the Gungeon is fantastic and I'm spending way too much time on it.

Last edited:

interpunct

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EliteInterpunct
3DS FC
3110-5751-3360
sounds like you know a lot of rich white kids
I know you.

I wish I was a rich white kid.

Maybe then I could slack off in High School and have daddy pay my way into Harvard.
Literally know someone who did that. Must be nice having a billionaire for a father.
Funny story, here in PR "white people" like me are not the majority, but because I am white people think I'm rich.

This is what we do here, right?
says the nerd lmao

ganon doesn't float, objectively not fun.
I like the float, but I miss a lot the Warlock Punch. I loved turning around with it.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I know you.

Funny story, here in PR "white people" like me are not the majority, but because I am white people think I'm rich.

says the nerd lmao

I like the float, but I miss a lot the Warlock Punch. I loved turning around with it.
I believe the term you're looking for is "White-passing". Meaning you're not white, but because you look white, you're perceived that way. I knew a Panamanian dude who was black-passing, so it always pissed him off when people said he was black.

NWRL

Smash Ace
4K entrants for SFV at EVO, glad I jumped off ship onto one that's a little more popular.

Is there going to be a PM side tournament at EVO? I'd love to watch

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
4K entrants for SFV at EVO, glad I jumped off ship onto one that's a little more popular.

Is there going to be a PM side tournament at EVO? I'd love to watch
Well damn. Seems like SFV may double 2015's USFIV entrants (2227).

I'm assuming Smash 4 is second most with Melee third and Pokken fourth. I can only hope Xrd Revelator reaches 1500 entrants.

D

Deleted member

I believe the term you're looking for is "White-passing". Meaning you're not white, but because you look white, you're perceived that way. I knew a Panamanian dude who was black-passing, so it always pissed him off when people said he was black.
i must look a lot like methane ayy lmao

wiztick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xhudayoloswagx
Haven't played Souls 3, why is it poop?
tries 2 hard to be dark souls 1 and results in alot of meh callbacks along with nothing new to bring to the table. AI is abysmal and to help it out they give some enemigos boss damage output. all in all its either extremely easy and cheeseable or incrediably tedious and boring when it comes to bosses themselves. better than dark souls 2 for shore. just feels meh overall in terms of a solid follow up to ds1

NWRL

Smash Ace
Dark Souls 3 is solid as ****

Biggest issue in the game is that magic is ass and poise is pretty ****

Oh and UGS suck

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

Vashimus

Smash Master
The Souls games have always had easily exploitable AI. Knights that can be easily circled around for backstabs, chipping away at an enemy from afar with arrows while they stand there completely oblivious to the fact that they're dying, gargoyles that can lured off cliffs to their death despite being able to fly, enemies that retreat when you venture too far from their starting points, etc. It's a problem, but it's certainly not one unique to DS3.

DS3 has enemy behavior that we've come to expect, but they're definitely a lot more aggressive than in the past games; knights will backwards shield bash to discourage backstab fishing and two-hand their weapon to break your guard if you're too passive, for instance. So far I'm enjoying what the game has to offer, mostly because it's reminding me of Demon's Souls in all the right ways.

Last edited:

eideeiit

Smash Ace
I'll go when they have something like Pokke- Oh wait...

also finished Lain today. I don't even know man. I kinda feel like it would've benefited from a bit more downtime so your brain can process the stuff better, but idk.

D

Deleted member

@DrinkingFood i got invited to some tournament on may 28th in shreveport, wanna team? or should i bring a teammate? never been to your state

Blue6969

Smash Rookie
Starting to feel those EmptySky-esque levels of salt and disappointment in my character, particularly when I compare it to what he used to have, as well as compared to what Toon Link currently has.

Damn.

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
This wouldn't have anything to do with you recently playing 3.02 at Infinity and Beyond, would it

Blue6969

Smash Rookie
A little bit, yes. It also has to do some things I noticed while playing against Lunchables' Toon Link.
Like, why does Tink's U-Throw put every character into tumble at any percent, while Link's does not?
Why does Tink get the luxury of having a max-range grab with that really cool pause effect on the end of it, while Link had that removed?
Why is a move as committal as Link's U-Smash so easy to fall out of at nearly any percent?

Toon Link has better bombs that he can pull faster, and his boomerang is bigger and goes further and at more angles, while coming out on the same frame as Link's. Not only that, but a ton of characters can dodge a Link boomerang by just standing still because of how short they are.

I dunno... It's not one single thing in particular that irks me, it's just a sort of death-by-a-thousand-cuts kind of thing.
The only thing really keeping me from switching to Toon Link from Link is the fact that I really like Link's N-Air and B-Air. I don't quite see the same level of utility from Toon Link's aerials. Oh, and recovering with Link using bomb jumps and bomb thrusts is really fun. His Z-Air really neat too.

D

Deleted member

A little bit, yes. It also has to do some things I noticed while playing against Lunchables' Toon Link.
Like, why does Tink's U-Throw put every character into tumble at any percent, while Link's does not?
Why does Tink get the luxury of having a max-range grab with that really cool pause effect on the end of it, while Link had that removed?
Why is a move as committal as Link's U-Smash so easy to fall out of at nearly any percent?

Toon Link has better bombs that he can pull faster, and his boomerang is bigger and goes further and at more angles, while coming out on the same frame as Link's. Not only that, but a ton of characters can dodge a Link boomerang by just standing still because of how short they are.
we've known that tink was just a better link basically since day 1 of 3.5 back in november 2014. a few reasons-

1. link and tink were developed by entirely different people in entirely different metagames. link having been around in the melee engine prior, it was easy to pick the character apart coming from 3.0. tink was and still is far less understood, and even though both were problematic only one of then was obvious about it. so basically link was unreasonably nerfed into the ground.
2. links upthrow was tested with forced tumble and it was basically obviously ****ing ********. 100% obviously indefensibly dumb. i tried it for appx 15 seconds and opposed it. why tink got the pass i'll never know, imo neither of them should have it.
3. @Shadic and myself argued against X people that links upsmash was fine in 3.5. unfortunately the grab was an oversight, but more embarassingly the upsmash was fully intentional. reasons for nerfing links upsmash (and no im not making these up): it combos too easily, the opponent falling out is okay because it rewards good sdi, its too safe and cant be punished as an out of shield option, its too spammable, melee has no sdi mods so our game shouldnt either (zelda was scheduled for a fierce, rabid **** next). for anyone wondering "why does the dev team balance around bcuz melee?" i can happily tell you that this was generally not the case. links upsmash is the exception.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
The Souls games have always had easily exploitable AI. Knights that can be easily circled around for backstabs, chipping away at an enemy from afar with arrows while they stand there completely oblivious to the fact that they're dying, gargoyles that can lured off cliffs to their death despite being able to fly, enemies that retreat when you venture too far from their starting points, etc. It's a problem, but it's certainly not one unique to DS3.

DS3 has enemy behavior that we've come to expect, but they're definitely a lot more aggressive than in the past games; knights will backwards shield bash to discourage backstab fishing and two-hand their weapon to break your guard if you're too passive, for instance. So far I'm enjoying what the game has to offer, mostly because it's reminding me of Demon's Souls in all the right ways.
whenever I start to feel bad about laming an enemy out in darksouls, I realize that if I did go fight them and messed up once I would get 3 shot, and each mistake is an estus that I dont know if I'll need before the next bonfire.

if its my first time through an area? hell yeah I'll ****ing lame it out. I feel like its a design thing. I'm fine with exploitable AI in a game that is built to punish your mistakes/greed really hard.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Turns out the Project M thread on 2channel links to the old project M social as the "official thread".

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Just an observation/thought... I feel like this following thread deserves a LOT more recognition! :)

http://smashboards.com/threads/pm-3-6-video-search-thread.435592/

Looks like the guy put a considerable amount of thought and effort into this. I'm honestly probably going to use it literally every time I want to watch PM for the foreseeable future, ESPECIALLY if it gets regularly updated, because I'll know it will contain all types of 3.6 sets from super old to super recent. Also, it's easy and fast as hell to navigate (just open all the spoilers starting from the bottom so you don't have to scroll through it all, then "ctrl + F" ... or whatever you do to "find on page" on your device lol).

Quite a simple, yet brilliant way to both upload and organize all those links onto SmashBoards. It could be common for all i know since I don't go on here often anymore, but I know I've never seen it done that way before.

Also if it would be too demanding/unrealistic for him to keep it up to date regularly, maybe he would be willing to split the load and have a little crew of "updaters"? Seems worthy of like a main, pinned-thread in PM general discussion in my opinion. good stuff @Sefthuko !

Top Bottom