• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

TreK

Is "that guy"
Aaahh, the USA and their silly schools.
Mine costs me about 400€ per year, u mad ?

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Money matches are a good way to waste money if you're at the lowest-midlow level. It might be good training but you'd get a better experience of just playing in tourney.

Once you get better then you can start doing it. A MM is only worth it if you think you can actually win it.

otter

Smash Ace
Money matches are a good way to waste money if you're at the lowest-midlow level. It might be good training but you'd get a better experience of just playing in tourney.

Once you get better then you can start doing it. A MM is only worth it if you think you can actually win it.
Unless of course you are a human, and need to play more than four games per tournament to get better. Until you are seriously ready to start winning tournaments, casuals are the main attraction. You may as well drop a few dollars because for most people playing under pressure thousands of times is the only way to get over it.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
More importantly, all of you boners better learn how to network and get on with people... important people in whatever field you happen to be in.

That fresh degree you got is barely worth **** unless you have a plan and have set up connections to go along with it.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I just realized what your avatar is from.
good job, so far nobody else has, or nobody else has commented on it

Also, in regards to schooling: the US isn't that bad; if you're looking to go to grad school in a science field, large companies and the government subsidize graduate programs so either your tuition is paid for (often in full) or you even have a stipend that the school gives you to learn. Also, if you love science, you're in line for both a fun job, one with lots of travel and security, and one that pays well. This is all if you can pass the higher level math and science courses, which is difficult for some.

JOE!

Smash Hero
More importantly, all of you boners better learn how to network and get on with people... important people in whatever field you happen to be in.

That fresh degree you got is barely worth **** unless you have a plan and have set up connections to go along with it.
Remeber kids, your degree aint ****: it's who you know that matters

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
God damn this discussion is depressing. I'm beginning to constantly question whether or not I'm making the right decisions for the good of my future. I feel as if majoring in anything not engineering or science related is a complete waste of time and money ;_;

I just want to have a fair shot at getting a good job related to whatever the hell I decide I want to pursue. It's such bull**** that I have to put in all this work into degrees that could have nothing to do with whatever field I may end up in and that the only way I can have a decent amount of choices is to get these degrees. The choices I'm gonna end up having may not even shell out enough for me to pay this humongous debt I'm gonna be in. ;______;

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
God damn this discussion is depressing. I'm beginning to constantly question whether or not I'm making the right decisions for the good of my future. I feel as if majoring in anything not engineering or science related is a complete waste of time and money ;_;

I just want to have a fair shot at getting a good job related to whatever the hell I decide I want to pursue. It's such bull**** that I have to put in all this work into degrees that could have nothing to do with whatever field I may end up in and that the only way I can have a decent amount of choices is to get these degrees. The choices I'm gonna end up having may not even shell out enough for me to pay this humongous debt I'm gonna be in. ;______;
That's false though, a liberal arts education is great and don't let people get into a STEM circlejerk and talk down on you. If you do what you love, money won't matter as long as you have aspirations and work to get those aspirations. My father was an english major, and he makes plenty of money as a professor. If you want to be a women's studies major, go for it. There's a reason that people study it, somebody somewhere wants to know, and they will pay for that knowledge, which means they will pay you to work for them.
Now this sounds kind of utopian and unrealistic, and in real life debt is a huge *****, but if you study hard enough and write enough papers, you can deal with it.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
If your not studying what you like then your basically using your time to be miserable in the future (or just really bored if you get a good job) i'm glad i'm out of the US for these years since college was always a pain to think about even though i know what i want. Way to many debts

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
american college debts are scary. actually most debts in america are scary tbh, medical emergencies shouldn't end up having the first question come up be "can I handle the debt" instead of "JESUS CHRIST MY HEAD IS BLEEDING FIX IT FIX IT"

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
That feel when you have a computer that couldn't play project M on dolphin no matter what.
That feel when you don't have a gamecube to computer adapter anyway.

Being poor is suffering.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
That feel when you have a computer that couldn't play project M on dolphin no matter what.
That feel when you don't have a gamecube to computer adapter anyway.

Being poor is suffering.
That feel when your laptop can run Dolphin at 100%.
That feel when you use an Xbox control to play Smash instead.

Right in the feels.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
That feel when you use an Xbox control to play Smash instead.
don't touch me, you have cooties

unrelated: I found these at a dollar store. why the **** are all the cute headphones incredibly trashy, the only good ones I've ever owned are a boring black color

Top Bottom