• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
What's with the edit post options regularly breaking lately? I can't edit the titles of my threads, and I can't edit anything else without opening the edit in a new tab.

It seemed like it was just me last time, but it had been fixed and now it's not again.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
so uh
question

how far is the safe zone for ICs upb supposed to go?

I am asking b/c I was messing around and I accidentally made nana fall off the edge, and I was near the center of drac's castle by the time I noticed so I just kind of mashed upb on reaction for some dumb reason

nana proceeded to teleport right beside me

I have no clue if I could ever reproduce this effect but omg

SpiderMad

Smash Master
My friend was wondering what the bubble size area looks like for tethers, so is that and IC's Up-b sync range both needed to be done like through super manual testing?

I just recently inserted the Frame Advance code into my .gct, nobody in the PMBR or elsewhere has made improvements to it to include C-stick and not trigger actions when paused for Z have they? I changed Z to be taunt instead of grab and sometimes can then use the same controller to FA as I perform the actions since it doesn't do anything in the air and sometimes is overridden by other actions on the ground if they both are inputted at the same frame (Jump > Taunt). Without the C-stick though I can't perform AGTs as well as Dual-stick SDI/ASDI (anyone use this by the way? I sure don't).

Omg, gifs now work for your avatar.. I never thought this would happen O_O

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
My friend was wondering what the bubble size area looks like for tethers, so is that and IC's Up-b sync range both needed to be done like through super manual testing?

I just recently inserted the Frame Advance code into my .gct, nobody in the PMBR or elsewhere has made improvements to it to include C-stick and not trigger actions when paused for Z have they? I changed Z to be taunt instead of grab and sometimes can then use the same controller to FA as I perform the actions since it doesn't do anything in the air and sometimes is overridden by other actions on the ground if they both are inputted at the same frame (Jump > Taunt). Without the C-stick though I can't perform AGTs, as well as Dual-stick SDI/ASDI (anyone use this by the way? I sure don't)

Omg, gifs now work for your avatar.. I never thought this would happen O_O
The bubble size area? Do you mean the hitbox?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
it has to be under 100kb apparently, and even then it sometimes won't work. If anyone has a .gif they want me to reduce in file size/resolution send me it and i'll get it to work. I use Ulead Gif animator 5 from PB to usually just reduce the resolution

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
yo, serious request though Warchamp. Give Zelda a Brawl emoticon. She's literally the only character without one lol

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I`ve decided that 2014 is going to be the year I stop being myself and start being what you guys want me to be. No more expressing opinions and all that ******** that only trolls do. JK, but I will try to be less of an ******* this year.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
I've decided that 2014 is going to be the year I start playing PM against other human beings. Behold as I, the world's more fraudulent Roy, begin my journey by doing glorious combat against a man wearing a Yak hat:

www.twitch.tv/ark_yakman/b/491952948?t=14m5s

... I have a long way to go.

There was some more footage, wherein I played some Wario, but it's fraught with desyncs and such.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
kinklink2 you lil **** are you mocking me

ill beat you up son, don't mess with me

i used to be a big bully!

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
2014 marks the first year I've actually made a resolution for myself.
I'm making this the year I really begin to conquer my depression. And I'm not talking pills or whatever. I can't stand antidepressants. I've been on a multitude of them trying to find the one that works for me... You know how the commercials always include increased thoughts of suicide as a side effect? Well one of them did that to me. Scariest ****ing time of my life. I've felt close to the edge at times... but the key word is "feel." That **** actually took me to the edge. Like made up my mind, going to do it, let's plan it. Backed out of it because of some good friends. And even after dealing with that living hell I told myself I just had to keep trying to find the right medication for me. And I guess I actually did find it, and the stuff actually dragged me out of the dark. But for all the **** depression gives you, there's still those moments that are all but perfect, where you are as happy as can be. And the medication that finally "worked" took those away from me as well. The depression was gone, but so was everything else. It was just like numbing life and not feeling anything anymore. I hated that more than my regular depression. I did it for a few months before making up my mind on antidepressants. If they work for you or somebody you know... man great for them wish I could say the same because it seems like an easy way out... but I couldn't do that.

So yeah, no medication. Talking about overhauling the way I live my life. Less sitting online playing video games (****ing love Smash because I have to get my ass to see people to play). Rekindle my passion for drumming. As I grew older I let gaming take the place of all my other hobbies, but this one I actually regret. Normally I dropped hobbies in favor of more gaming because it was just genuinely less enjoyable, but with drumming it was just my innability to get myself out of bed to play... why do that when I can stay in my room with my computer? So **** that. I can't afford to take lessons again, which I would love to do, but w/e I just want to play and fall back in love with making music. Seriously got to get myself in better shape too. I'm your classic "looks in shape but actually gets winded doing a few flights of stairs" type guy. There was a point where I seriously started to gain weight because of my depression, but over 2013 I did get that under control and I'm back to where I was at the end of high school in terms of weight... but any physicality I had is gone. I've been working on my eating habits, which has been really tough with my food aversions, but I at least cut out junk food and rarely drink sodas/coffee/not water. Get a job I don't hate, and by fall this year I want to be able to go back to school full time to finish.

I feel like if I can get my life on a good path and make some changes to my daily living I can kick depressions ass. Or something... I'm just at that point where people I knew from high school are graduating college and starting careers or moving on to grad school and I'm basically the same person I was when I dropped out of college a few years ago. I'm still struggling with depression and it holds me back from progressing. I'm not saying "I should have my life already figured out like they do" because that's ****ing stupid. Everyone goes at their own pace. I wasn't ready back then, and even right now with me being in school part time at least I still don't think I am. But I'm tired of myself not being ready... so this year is going to be me making myself ready. 22 now, 23 this summer, and hopefully by then I'll be on my way to a new me.
So cheers 2014, and cheers to anybody who was willing to read my ravings. I've got scotch from last night's celebration loosening my lips, and saying this outloud (err typing) reaffirms it for me.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I'm making this the year I really begin to conquer my depression. And I'm not talking pills or whatever. I can't stand antidepressants. I've been on a multitude of them trying to find the one that works for me... You know how the commercials always include increased thoughts of suicide as a side effect? Well one of them did that to me. Scariest ****ing time of my life. I've felt close to the edge at times... but the key word is "feel." That **** actually took me to the edge. Like made up my mind, going to do it, let's plan it. Backed out of it because of some good friends. And even after dealing with that living hell I told myself I just had to keep trying to find the right medication for me. And I guess I actually did find it, and the stuff actually dragged me out of the dark. But for all the **** depression gives you, there's still those moments that are all but perfect, where you are as happy as can be. And the medication that finally "worked" took those away from me as well. The depression was gone, but so was everything else. It was just like numbing life and not feeling anything anymore. I hated that more than my regular depression. I did it for a few months before making up my mind on antidepressants. If they work for you or somebody you know... man great for them wish I could say the same because it seems like an easy way out... but I couldn't do that.

So yeah, no medication. Talking about overhauling the way I live my life. Less sitting online playing video games (****ing love Smash because I have to get my *** to see people to play). Rekindle my passion for drumming. As I grew older I let gaming take the place of all my other hobbies, but this one I actually regret. Normally I dropped hobbies in favor of more gaming because it was just genuinely less enjoyable, but with drumming it was just my innability to get myself out of bed to play... why do that when I can stay in my room with my computer? So **** that. I can't afford to take lessons again, which I would love to do, but w/e I just want to play and fall back in love with making music. Seriously got to get myself in better shape too. I'm your classic "looks in shape but actually gets winded doing a few flights of stairs" type guy. There was a point where I seriously started to gain weight because of my depression, but over 2013 I did get that under control and I'm back to where I was at the end of high school in terms of weight... but any physicality I had is gone. I've been working on my eating habits, which has been really tough with my food aversions, but I at least cut out junk food and rarely drink sodas/coffee/not water. Get a job I don't hate, and by fall this year I want to be able to go back to school full time to finish.

I feel like if I can get my life on a good path and make some changes to my daily living I can kick depressions ***. Or something... I'm just at that point where people I knew from high school are graduating college and starting careers or moving on to grad school and I'm basically the same person I was when I dropped out of college a few years ago. I'm still struggling with depression and it holds me back from progressing. I'm not saying "I should have my life already figured out like they do" because that's ****ing stupid. Everyone goes at their own pace. I wasn't ready back then, and even right now with me being in school part time at least I still don't think I am. But I'm tired of myself not being ready... so this year is going to be me making myself ready. 22 now, 23 this summer, and hopefully by then I'll be on my way to a new me.
So cheers 2014, and cheers to anybody who was willing to read my ravings. I've got scotch from last night's celebration loosening my lips, and saying this outloud (err typing) reaffirms it for me.
You go dude. We`ll be rooting for you Plum.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
i decided 2014 is the year i start showing more self confidence even if i don't actually have it

When you're done reading, this is the link i sent her http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcniyQYFU6M
Wow that's clearly a good way to honor your avatar.
Hope it doesn't finish like that one "Falcon goes on a date" animation. Or maybe I hope it does... Hummmm...

Ginge

Smash Ace
I'm making this the year I really begin to conquer my depression. And I'm not talking pills or whatever. I can't stand antidepressants. <snipped>
I made a similar choice for myself. Thirteen years out of twenty-three is more than enough. I can't recall what it feels like to not dislike yourself. Or to not have your mind saying things like "I bet they hate you and talk bad about you when you're not there" or "Why would they ever like you?". And the days when it's at its worst and you can barely get yourself to do anything are frustrating.

So I'm working to see myself the way my friends see me. Convincing myself that they must have reasons to like being around me. And I may even talk to them to hear those reasons instead of coming up with my own. Luckily, it's been eight years since I had suicidal thoughts last. Every time I considered it, I'd start to count the people who would miss me if I died. Initially, I'd only put one or two people on my list as I couldn't see how people would miss someone like me. Then, it gradually included more people.

It's a daunting task, getting over depression. And it doesn't help when your mind is fighting you the entire way. But I just... I want to be happy. And I don't mean like having one day in a month, or one week in a season. I want to be genuinely happy with myself. So I'm taking care of my health issues and I'm taking care of my mental health issues. Then.... who knows, I've forgotten what it's like, so who knows what I'll do.

So, good luck to you, Plum. And may this year work out well for both of us.

Top Bottom