• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Paradoxium

Smash Master
There is this local burger joint near my school (the name will not be disclosed), and every Thursday my friends and i go to lunch there after school, and that place is off the chain. If you ask me, the old mom and pop burger joints sometimes have better burgers than the well known chains, just sometimes though.

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
If you guys want to talk fast food....
May I present to you the garbage plate.

It's something you can only experience in my hometown city Rochester, NY (you can find them in other cities in upstate NY but they tend to suck).
What you're looking at is fries, mac salad, hotdogs, covered in a meaty hot sauce and onions (smother in mustard or ketchup to your liking). All massed together on one plate of greasy artery clogging perfection. The fries can be replaced with tots, home fries, sweet fries, etc. The mac salad can be replaced with baked beans, potato salad, mac and cheese etc. The hot dogs can be burgers, sausage, white hots (another Rochester staple), chicken fingers, etc. I've had them at local barbeque joints with pulled pork or brisket too.

So up in Rochester it's not a question of McDonalds vs Wendy's or whatever... it's a question of where you're going to get a plate and what's going to be on it.
And then it's a matter of how hungry/how drunk you are as to if you're getting a single, double, or triple plate.
Like every small business fast food place here serves garbage plates of some variation, a lot of nice restaurants have upscale versions, and even some chain restaurants localized their menu to have them.
And then as soon as you leave the idea is nonexistent and if you talk about them people look at you like it's the most disgusting thing ever. Everybody is just wrong though. It's fast food heaven <3.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm sorry Johnknight

But i agree with @ Soft Serve Soft Serve

West coast is the best coast, but I rather have the Habit or something like that.

In-n-out is just too damn soggy.
I never said one opinion or the other, lol, but I do like (not love) it. The fries are the best part, though.

Also, West Coast isn't the Best Coast, Best Coast is the West Coast!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I never said one opinion or the other, lol, but I do like (not love) it. The fries are the best part, though.

Also, West Coast isn't the Best Coast, Best Coast is the West Coast!
I only go there for the animal style fries. the burgers just don't cut it for me.

I C what you did there :cool: guy.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Sapph, you better be doing some serious squats to go with that diet. No one likes boney butts. Giving guys freaking bruises their pelvises.

Last edited:

Desh

Smash Ace
anyone wanna play some pm? got a broken arm but i can still play ish

3011-2057-7041
i guess add mine or pm me yours ?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Sapph, you better be doing some serious squats to go with that diet. No one likes boney butts. Giving guys freaking bruises their pelvises.
I like a booty thats perky and firm, not too big with the right amount of jigglyness, and it has to look good in jeans

Ive seen many butts in my time, and i have a strict criteria

thats why gym dates are the best, you can get girls to do squats and they wont argue against it

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
So Roserade is pretty underrated. Sleep Powder + Spikes/Toxic Spikes is pretty awesome. Good speed and special bulk, hits like a truck with Leaf Storm or Sludge Bomb, and Rest gives it reliable recovery in conjunction with Natural Cure. I guess with Mega Venusaur around, people don't really see the need for her.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I'm gonna train a Vespiquen to use with Infestation+Binding Band. Not sure what other moves yet, though I may just opt for her signature ones.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
West Coast isn't the Best Coast, Best Coast is the West Coast!

a =/= b

but

a = b

this logic
You don't understand my 15.321Lé dimensional logic bro.

It doesn't do math to solve problems; it does eating. :grin:
Lets just go back to talking about pokemon.
No, we're talking about my conspiracy theories about dimensions and stuff. :shades:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So Roserade is pretty underrated. Sleep Powder + Spikes/Toxic Spikes is pretty awesome. Good speed and special bulk, hits like a truck with Leaf Storm or Sludge Bomb, and Rest gives it reliable recovery in conjunction with Natural Cure. I guess with Mega Venusaur around, people don't really see the need for her.
That's why I use a Roserade screw the haters plus Roserade is a beauty to behold to be smashing on a team. Additionally about pokemon Entei got Sacred Fire this gen which is nice with it's 50% burn rate.

Also speaking of regions no one gives a crap about the Midwest at all it's disheartening :( .

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I think fast food is way overrated.

there, I said it.
Come at me bro(s)
Lol, no worries. The only person that ever has to worry about that is Sudai, and on top of that I'm not dangerously underweight at 5'3'' and fluctuating between 98 and 101 lbs. I should be like, 108-110 I think at my size. I also have a small frame and I've been underweight my whole life so it's not like this is a sudden change. I do agree I need to eat better and I'm working on including more healthy fats/carbs into my diet (and working out, which I don't do at all >.>)

Last edited:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Nice set

NERD

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
Fast food is gross and surprisingly expensive. If you can afford fast food you can afford ingredients for real meals.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
In & out is fine. Burgers are good but that's about it.
Carl's Jr is fine. Definitely better than M'donalds/Burger king
Taco bell is not for the poor. Jack n the box is for the poor. $2 for a meal that can fill you up.

Why was there no mention of Popeyes chicken?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Why was there no mention of Popeyes chicken?
Man i really want to post a meme or gif about how this makes me feel, but i lack the motivation to do it. But anyway you are now the main Homie, Popeyes is the ****, and i aint even Black (Well technically im black and red, not the Black that culture refers to.) But damn ima go out and buy this **** right now, IMA HAVE ME SOME FREYED CHECKOOON!!

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Fast food is gross and surprisingly expensive. If you can afford fast food you can afford ingredients for real meals.
>2014
>Not supporting your local Chinese food restaurant that isn't Panda Express

It's like you want them to go out of business.

Also, Cooking is a bit of a hassle when you're in a rush. It's not like anyone here eats fast food all the time.
.....right?

Also, not all fast food is gross in my experience.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Learn how to cook and eat greens (spinach, mustard, collards), rice, beans, cornbread, frozen vegetables, and noodles/pasta. You can make many combinations of these and they -will- fill you up. Eat fruits, peanuts, or potato chips (be careful, skip chips if you're watching your weight) for snacks and always portion manage. If you need dessert try eating particularly sweet fruits (peaches, pineapples) or transitioning yourself up to dark chocolate if you haven't already (this might get costly though). Quinoa can also be a replacement for rice for barely anything extra (and is much better for you as well).
Also, Cooking is a bit of a hassle when you're in a rush.
You must learn the wonders of a slow cooker, young grasshopper

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
You think Nebraska is bad? lol people don't even know that ND is a state
I forgot myself lol. The curse of the Midwest. Also I know the South Dakota guys used to hit up our smash tournaments a while back cause we were the closest to them IDK about the North Dakota folk though?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
i use spinach in everything i cook, you don't taste it very much and it's good for you

And rumor has it that spinach is slightly addictive...

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
You must learn the wonders of a slow cooker, young grasshopper
Deliciously crafted meals take time.

I'm not going to make one on the way to college when I can grab a sausage mc muffin (no egg) for $1 each.

I would actually buy my college's food as it's all technically homemade right there. It's very good too.

Problem though.

A SMALL FRIED BURRITO COSTS $2.
A PANCAKE BREAKFAST COSTS $6.
EVERYTHING IS OVERPRICED.

Top Bottom