• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Basically this. She wasn't special enough to be a secret for so long.

IMO it should have been Kyle from Final Fight Streetwise cause the new characters are almost all Final Fight characters anyway
We dont talk about that game. That game doesn't exist.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
So, Ill have to check out that Sethalon match ASAP it would seem B)

Also, anyone else having trouble using custome Snake textures as of 3.0? I keep getting freezing upon loading >:\ Texture hacking gods, smile upon me please!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Might as well share this here for the people who care.

ZSS's Hurtboxes Brawl -> P:M

(P:M ZSS has smaller hurtboxes)

Edit: @ SpiderMad SpiderMad - It wasn't a typo. He's airborne for 39 frames.

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hurtboxes of the cast overall are more polished than Melee + Brawl's hurtboxes.
After all, no one wants to see THIS in PM.

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
yuuck.
Might as well share this here for the people who care.

ZSS's Hurtboxes Brawl -> P:M

(P:M ZSS has smaller hurtboxes)

Edit: @ SpiderMad SpiderMad - It wasn't a typo. He's airborne for 39 frames.
''

Yeah but... Samus and ZSS are simply smaller in pm...

SpiderMad

Smash Master
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer don't forget to find out why Marth can do stuff he can't. It's all confused to me since first off he's unable to do SH Bair Fair in Melee. So the reduced height thing on frame perfect aerial I mentioned which doesn't apply anymore besides Melee apparently, along with 1 frame more of SH height time due to the landing detection code or something. But now he can do not only SH Bair Fair, but Up-air and Dair as well, which are respectively 1 frame and 2 frames over the theoretical limit unless there's a typo (on SH air time being longer than 39 frames? maybe SH air time is 40 frames, and Dair hits on frame 5 not 6, or bair ends sooner). Otherwise some of his moves could have some weird momentum property.

Also Falco's up-air ends sooner or has auto-cancel sooner than Melee possibly (or he lands later), since he can now autocancel his up-air in a SH while in Melee he couldn't. I wonder if this is also some unintended something or they cared to make it/leave it as a better move from Brawl.

Also nobody get me wrong, I like these new features and would be dismayed if they were changed to replicate Melee better by not having them. I'm just wondering the whys and hows.

Last edited:

BlindSpot

Smash Apprentice
I have a question.
Which character in P:M is best at putting on pressure?
Just staying on the opponent and not letting them breathe. I know there's a lot, but which is the best? (Or top 3, if choosing #1 is harder to point out)

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
****!!! I forgot that Whobo was an MLG sponsored event and that it wasn't gonna be on Twitch! I completely missed everything yesterday..:sadeyes:

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
Got owned on CTs stream in PM by mango
Featuring me dropping every chain grab I should have gotten and every other missed input
I think maybe it got into my head I was playing a top player
where can i see all of this? is clash tournaments gonna upload it or what?

god i wish VGbootcamp was the only one somtimes, GIMR uploads everthing on youtube on the spot, while clash tournaments takes forever to put up anything (compared to VG of course)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Video Game design / programming
How is that field anyway? I kinda want to get into that field as a kid but kinda put it off till I get my Business Administration stuff outta the way first?

@ Sixth-Sense Sixth-Sense As much as I love multiple streams for the smash community I know how you feel sometimes lol. I'm still waiting for the Sega Cup matches for VF5FS this year on YouTube cause Twitch videos are ass.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Okay, I tried streaming from dolphin and it's super laggy on my computer, so I'm going to not do that until I upgrade my stuff or set it up for the wii.

Last edited:

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
How is that field anyway? I kinda want to get into that field as a kid but kinda put it off till I get my Business Administration stuff outta the way first?

@ Sixth-Sense Sixth-Sense As much as I love multiple streams for the smash community I know how you feel sometimes lol. I'm still waiting for the Sega Cup matches for VF5FS this year on YouTube cause Twitch videos are ***.
exactly, i for one don't have time to watch any stream at all so i prefer youtube, not to mention what a pain in the ass it is to look through the twitch archive

@ JOE! JOE! i would also like to know about that field, like a lot, god knows i would make some great games, and considering how fast technology is advancing, making games exactly how you picture it won't be far off (well i hope anyways)

SpiderMad

Smash Master
@ SpiderMad SpiderMad can I have a list of things you want checked, I don't understand what you want me to look for.
You mentioned there could be a typo in the Marth data, did you find out if there was? Something has to be wrong, otherwise when you look at 39 frames of airtime in a SH doing a Bair and then Dair/Uair wouldn't have the hitbox able to come out but when I tested in the video it actually can.

Recheck Marth's SH air time, and Bair/Dair/Uair's Hit/FAF

Also would appreciate Falco's SH air time and his Up-air Hit/Autocancel/FAF (Sh Up-air Autocancel wasn't possible in Melee https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B9JGwuMhgk#t=25 , according to Melee's data he would have to be airborn 1 more frame to be able to Autocancel it so I'm guessing in PM his SH air time is longer than 25 now http://smashboards.com/threads/falco-hitboxes-and-frame-data.300397/ ) and Pit's SH air time (I got the rest of the data here, http://smashboards.com/threads/pit-frame-data.351967/ gonna check out stuff like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHcWCsLuAgc#t=68 )

@ SpiderMad SpiderMad maybe it is because of the 1 frame momentum delay...

Btw when is PM starting on WHOBO? Fear I can't watch it, have to get up early tomorrow.
I thought that only applied to air dodge or something

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I said that it wasn't a typo in one of my posts before
spidermad I think that is a typo

I'll check at home
Wait so what is or isn't a typo? Dair hits on frame 5 or you said "should" as in it would better match the animation if it hit starting on frame 5 but it hits on frame 6? If it hits on frame 6 it shouldn't be possible but I'll record a video again
@ SpiderMad SpiderMad
SH Air Time: 39

Bair:
Hit: 7-11
FAF: 35

Dair:
Hit: 6-9 (Should honestly have hitboxes on 5-11)
FAF: 60

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
nothings a typo, you're probably just experiencing marth artificially increasing his air time when he arcs his back on the up air

SpiderMad

Smash Master
nothings a typo, you're probably just experiencing marth artificially increasing his air time when he arcs his back on the up air
Ohhh it all makes somewhat sense now
1- PM doesn't have Melee's frame perfect aerial height diminishing effect. (+1 or 2 extra frame of height than Melee on frame perfect aerials in a jump)

In Melee/Brawl/PM when you jump, the gravity variable doesn't effect you until 1 or 2 frames after leaving the ground. In Melee though if you did an aerial frame
perfectly after leaving the ground, gravity takes effect on you anyways as soon as you did that aerial: lowering your overall height.

2- PM's landing detection code has you land around 1 frame later than Melee's. (+1 frame of height in a jump than Melee)

In Melee the game registers you to land when your knees reach the ground. In Brawl it registers when your feet touch the ground (making you land much sooner than Melee). In PM, they invented a code to replicate Melee's but apparently it's slightly off (which is fine, I like it) where as you land slightly later sort of like as if it registers at slightly above the knee than at the knee.

3- I was dumb and forgot that certain aerials change your collision bubble. Dair seems to raise his collision detection bubble giving him an extra frame before he touches the ground than he normally would.

Even though Dair and Nair have a hitbox come out on frame 6, SH Bair Dair has the hitbox able to come out while Nair
doesn't (because Nair doesn't seem to raise his collision bubble).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge25Hj-V6TM

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
who here plays Dota2? Could any of you guys tell me if it is demanding? as in i shouldn't even try to play it bc my laptop can't handle it?

also, what is better about it compared to LoL
It's not particularly demanding. A half decent laptop made in the past few years should be able to play it if you lower the settings down. Might not be the prettiest (not that DotA2 is the prettiest anyways), but you'll be able to play it with a good framerate.

What's better in DotA than LoL is all relative. As somebody who plays both but prefers League overall, I think the one thing DotA hits absolutely out of the park is the item design but there's just something about DotA that fails to capture me in the way that LoL does. I can have fun playing DotA, sure, but I don't really have any attachment to the heroes whereas with LoL I have my absolute favorite champions that just get me jumping at the gates to play them some days. Plus, I think League has a better setting.
I will say that DotA is a more mechanically demanding game on average. I know some people who like DotA more purely for that reason.
League is more new-player friendly, both because it isn't as mechanically demanding but also because you aren't given 100% of choices from day 1. Some people might complain about League not giving you every champ and having to earn and/or buy new ones, but that choice is a chief reason why LoL has grown as large as it has to sort of eclipse all other MOBAs. I was overwhelmed coming into DotA at first because EVERYTHING was at my fingers and you aren't really given any time to process it all before being thrown into the thick of things. And this was coming from somebody who had a few years of MOBA experience through playing League since very early in its lifetime.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Doesn't the knee landing allow stomps to go through platforms?

Top Bottom