• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Desync is irrelevant in local play, so go crazy.
Not really. Although the term "desynch" originated from online play, the general concept still exists in local play to describe anything that changes the gameplay experience from the default package (whether you're talking about vBrawl or vP:M or whatever). If you changed the death boundaries of FD to be 5 units closer to the stage, that would have a very real effect on matches played on that stage (plus desynch online), and you wouldn't call it "irrelevant" just because it's local. You'd definitely get in big trouble if you brought that stage to a tournament and used it on a setup.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Yeah but Sharin is just talking about reskinning the background which doesn't affect the field of play whatsoever, just the aesthetics of the stage.

I agree Lylat could use new aesthetics that didn't look so busy but I guess the PM team need to do this for tournament legality, unless you organized this event and the one running it, along with everyone agreeing to use it.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I've beaten sethlon in tournament before
There I said it I'm done attention whoring for today you can go back to drooling over sethlon now

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
LOL that 1uping. And swapping GC controller parts to have a functioning controller is gonna be bigger in another couple of years watch.

EDIT: The M2K fanbase is strong to make a 90 minute video of him dumping on dudes and making them feel bad about themselves.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I need a calculator for windows that can also convert decimals to fractions, which the default one can't

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I wonder if the 128TB cassette tapes can still be played normally for audio

what I am saying is: can we make the world's biggest mixtape

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I've beaten sethlon in tournament before
There I said it I'm done attention whoring for today you can go back to drooling over sethlon now
Weak. lol.
I've beaten Yipes in Marvel in tourney before(and SHOULD'VE bopped Marlinepie too and then their 3rd, Dieminion, but I choked aaa)
2 minutes in.
Yes I'm aware he isn't exactly a top player anymore. Blah.

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not really. Although the term "desynch" originated from online play, the general concept still exists in local play to describe anything that changes the gameplay experience from the default package (whether you're talking about vBrawl or vP:M or whatever). If you changed the death boundaries of FD to be 5 units closer to the stage, that would have a very real effect on matches played on that stage (plus desynch online), and you wouldn't call it "irrelevant" just because it's local. You'd definitely get in big trouble if you brought that stage to a tournament and used it on a setup.
Do people really use the term desync to mean things that aren't actually undergoing desynchronization? I think people need to use a better term for things like changing the death boundaries because that doesn't make any sense.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Wait
Is there really no archive/upload anywhere for the MLG streams?
If I can't show those vids to my friends/girlfriends/grandkids I might cry

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
>Girlfriends

Sethlon confirmed Mac Daddy OR Polygamist

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
More like Sethlon got this going on:

Last edited:

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Have a seat, Seth. It would seem many here would like to give you fellatio judging from the way they have been talking o:

Just lean back and relax. :D

Beorn

Smash Journeyman
I would also be very upset if there was no way to view those matches.... Please don't tell me that is the case.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
while y'all are fellating sethlon, I should point out that armada got knocked to loser's for the first time ever by professor pro

rolex is FUUUUUUCKED

Beorn

Smash Journeyman
while y'all are fellating sethlon, I should point out that armada got knocked to loser's for the first time ever by professor pro

rolex is FUUUUUUCKED
Because watching snake kill people in two reads at 60 for nothing makes me not want to live on this planet anymore. Roy has hard weaknesses to overcome which makes him more fun to watch.

Also this is MURICA! We hype err own! >;(

But, seriously though if there is anyone in the uk that I keep up with it's jolteon. Rep that tlink man...

Last edited:

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
i'm seriously doubting Rolex now, i thought Prof was all tech skill but damn he has really proven himself these past months, and now with this win under his belt he's a clear contender for top three in PM (imo of course)

i think one of the more interesting matches would be prof vs sethlon, that just seems like an amazing set

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Because watching snake kill people in two reads at 60 for nothing makes me not want to live on this planet anymore.
man you really have no idea how snake plays do you

he's one of the worst approachers in the game. he doesn't have much intimidation until starting setups, and it only gets worse if you're trying to approach at any point in the air. he's getting damage off of reads because those reads require huge amounts of setup to work

Top Bottom