• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Lol they have an official build? Can they even enforce that? Pretty much every setup I played on at CEO had some skins at the least.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
My OTP would be... Havent decided on one yet, I see no reason on why do I even have to, its hard for me to think because im so simple-minded. I dont make any sense at times, maybe most of the time.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
telu knows whats up

only OTP that matters is SakuMei and MistyMokou

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Warning Received
Does anybody know if there is such a thing as grab-only invincibility? And does kirby have it on the end of his dash attack? Even with perfect spacing I can't seem to grab him with characters like Roy or Wolf, who certainly aren't lacking grab reach. I don't think he does anything crazy like dip into the Z axis, and he doesn't duck down at the end, but even if I have my toes against him just after the last hitbox frame, grabbing at the center of his body, it doesn't happen. Possibly the most salt inducing thing I've ever experienced, next to Ivy's ****ing up-b sweetspot having priority over the other hitboxes, essentially meaning you don't have to space it.

Last edited by a moderator:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
next to Ivy's fucking up-b sweetspot having priority over the other hitboxes, essentially meaning you don't have to space it.
this

sweetspot is ridiculous. Denti can land them at will, yet misses every solar beam, hmmm....

Last edited:

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
I wanna do P:M netplay, how do I figure out if my computer is strong enough?

All I know is this:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5
CPU M 430 @
2.27GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB

EDIT: And I mean without any lag

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
You should be fine

Also is there anyone out there that can do a Mango voice impression?

Last edited:

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I wanna do P:M netplay, how do I figure out if my computer is strong enough?

All I know is this:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5
CPU M 430 @
2.27GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB

EDIT: And I mean without any lag
What's your graphics card? Cause my laptop has better specs and regular Brawl lags on Dolphin

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Idk how Wii games can lag computers that cost far more than a Wii. If I can run portal 2 on all high settings then why can't I netplay. Does it do with how Nintendo optimizes the system?
- - - - - -
How are we certain DLC is deconfirmed? The post on the front page was super wordy but had 0 details. Pls gimme TL;DR version.

We all also forgot to mourn the best clone, Pichu.

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Does anybody know if there is such a thing as grab-only invincibility? And does kirby have it on the end of his dash attack? Even with perfect spacing I can't seem to grab him with characters like Roy or Wolf, who certainly aren't lacking grab reach. I don't think he does anything crazy like dip into the Z axis, and he doesn't duck down at the end, but even if I have my toes against him just after the last hitbox frame, grabbing at the center of his body, it doesn't happen. Possibly the most salt inducing thing I've ever experienced, next to Ivy's ****ing up-b sweetspot having priority over the other hitboxes, essentially meaning you don't have to space it.
I'm pretty sure this was a bug reported already. We spent quite a bit of time looking into this after it was reported and couldn't figure out why it happened. Every action has a set of flags on them that dictates special properties. It wasn't until recently that I found the flag for allowing the character to be grabbed during the action or not. It turns out that the action kirby enters to allow Dash Attack to go offstage has this flag set to not let you grab him. This will be fixed in 3.5.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Idk how Wii games can lag computers that cost far more than a Wii. If I can run portal 2 on all high settings then why can't I netplay. Does it do with how Nintendo optimizes the system.
Emulation involves replicating or "emulating" the actual hardware by trying to rebuild the architecture in a way that the computer understands. Emulating becomes less taxing as more of the hardware is accurately and efficiently computed by the program itself. The less hardware emulation available, the more processor-dependent the emulator is.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure this was a bug reported already. We spent quite a bit of time looking into this after it was reported and couldn't figure out why it happened. Every action has a set of flags on them that dictates special properties. It wasn't until recently that I found the flag for allowing the character to be grabbed during the action or not. It turns out that the action kirby enters to allow Dash Attack to go offstage has this flag set to not let you grab him. This will be fixed in 3.5.
Can sing pls have grab resist for a few frames so that it is a punish against obvious grabs? Would be so hilarious.

Top Bottom