• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Sadly I only got to dance around in 3.5 a little bit, since I have to get ready for work now :c

Oh, and for future reference, what would be the best way to play PM to hgave it look as good as possible? component cables to a widescreen tv on a regular Wii? Wii U?

Zoa

Smash Ace
Uuuuuuuuugh. Lucario loses an edgeguard option for a bigger shield. Not happy.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Hah, I can say that there's gonna be a loooooooooot of bug reporting based around debug mode alone. It's ****ing amazing, but I don't think you guys are gonna be surprised with the side effects of implementing a completely brand new function like this. So far:

-I can't really figure out turning things off. Debug mode can be, but it feels like all the parts in it are really finnicky about doing so
-Anything left on in debug mode carries over into other modes when it ideally should be disabled as soon as you exit the game
-I ran into a strange issue where switching Ike out into another character during a Stamina match caused nothing to spawn in return (this is a ****ing badass feature by the way, I couldn't believe that was even possible to switch out midmatch like this with EVERY CHARACTER)

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
Nerfs? Oh, sorry, I am too busy being a Ganondorf main! :awesome:

In all seriousness, though, interesting move. Wonder if they felt potential shenanigans across the board needed to be toned down for long term health of the game... or if they like tormenting us from start to end.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Maybe the "PM is Melee's Brawl Minus" thing can stop now?

Excuse me while I mourn triforce Din's.

Illumi

Smash Rookie
I can't get 3.5 to work on homebrew idk what the **** to do and all I want to do this play this game will someone please walk me through how to get 3.5 to work through homebrew

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Good **** guys. Minus a few custom build related bugs I gotta work out on my end (Smash 3 Link doesn't feel like loading, must have goofed up something), this is solid gold. The Ocarina taunt is nuts. Now I need to blow everyone's mind by killing them and then playing an ocarina song immediately after.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Holy ****,

This stamina mode.

I only played with it for a minute and it wasn't a serious match and I already know that it's going to be the best thing ever.

Good **** guys. Minus a few custom build related bugs I gotta work out on my end (Smash 3 Link doesn't feel like loading, must have goofed up something), this is solid gold. The Ocarina taunt is nuts. Now I need to blow everyone's mind by killing them and then playing an ocarina song immediately after.
I wonder what song is going to be considered the best to use after a kill

This is going to be a tier list of its own.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Note that the whole not loading characters thing could be a bug on my part for missing certain 00.pac files. No idea if this affects anything or not.

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
I ran into a problem folks, the ISO builder I was previously using was exclusively for 3.01/3.02. Anyone know of a new builder that will work with 3.5 or anything in-general?

NeoZ

Smash Ace

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I ran into a problem folks, the ISO builder I was previously using was exclusively for 3.01/3.02. Anyone know of a new builder that will work with 3.5 or anything in-general?
SOJ posted a netplay build a few pages back built specifically for making 3.5 ISO's.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Except for Marth. You know, that character that has the 3rd largest amount of tourney top 8s and top 16s, and 5th largest amount of tourney wins ?

Well, time to pick new characters. Ganon, here I come :V

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
So I have no access to pm

Does toon link's down taunt still drink milk, or was it changed to soup like literally everyone asked.

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Kirby still has Warlock Punch when he's sucks up Ganondorf.

Zelda's Din Fire really feels like a real projectile now.

Ganon's freaking sword taunt kill is the greatest.

Does Hanebow take back it's spot and then Skyloft replaces...I think Jungle Japes?

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Zelda's Din Fire really feels like a real projectile now.
ngl, I love this fact.
It was awkward at first but it's grown on me quickly.

I still miss old Dins' but this is much better for the health of the game.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The fact that debug controls/setting persist in other modes is not unintended, by the way.
Guess I just need to get used to the inputs then. It was only being weird with me because no other character spawned. Again, gonna look into my custom build first before filing as bug reports.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Except for Marth. You know, that character that has the 3rd largest amount of tourney top 8s and top 16s, and 5th largest amount of tourney wins ?

Well, time to pick new characters. Ganon, here I come :V
I was surprised by Marth's relative success in 3.0/3.02 He shouldn't have been a dominant character judging from his MU's and the amount of work you had to put in relative to much MUCH easier choices. I guess a more accurate question would be how well he does at larger tourneys with multiple regions present? Is there any way to sort out tourney results that way?

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I fell asleep at the computer waiting for 3.5 and it was adorable.

My favorite thing about 3.5 so far is the new Dreamland; I'm usually not one to care about graphics in video games, but god damn, it's so beautiful.

Least favorite is that I cannot for the life of me find the time where I can JC Lucas' shine while hitting an opponent now, and I have a tourney later. I hope I can figure it out by then.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What if you can't JC shine with Lucas anymore?

OH YES

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Hm, can anyone detect Lucario differences? I might be too tired to be precise.
The Zero Suit stuff is quite noticeable though.

Edit: Whoa, crawltilt!!!

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I can do it the same as in 3.02 if I'm not hitting anything, I can't find the time now if I hit an opponent.
Can someone from PMDT confirm whether JC shine is no longer doable on opponents on the main hit (I can seem to do it with the outer edges of the magnet) because this is messing with my brain.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Sadly I only got to dance around in 3.5 a little bit, since I have to get ready for work now :c

Oh, and for future reference, what would be the best way to play PM to hgave it look as good as possible? component cables to a widescreen tv on a regular Wii? Wii U?
get one of these:

http://www.neoya.com/wii2hdmi

and then get a good low-response monitor to plug it into

this is actually something I intend to do eventually, so

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
the changelog is definitely not complete but I doubt people will care enough now that debug is out and we can find out most everything ourselves

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Just finished playing around with the game a little. Here are some of my thoughts on Toon Link.

I like how they made the Wave Dashing slide slightly further, so it should be a more viable option for Toon Link.

The return of his neutral aerial slash is fine. Still good for combos and approaching.

I can't really put my finger on it, but his normal jab combo feels like it connects better.

I'm not sure I like his grounded up special being slowed down, but since I can't move it at all in Smash 4, I can easily get over it.

His down throw sending the opponents slightly to the side at a 110 degree angle makes it good for different aerial follow ups.

At first I wasn't too fond of the slower momentum at which Toon Link chucks his bombs, but after playing around with it I realized it's not so bad. Bomb Jumping is easier to pull off now because of it, and it's easier to throw people up into the bombs without having them DI themselves out of the way of it.

I'm not sure what the point of removing his second slash when he performs an Up Smash was, but it's not entirely game changing. I'll miss it a little, but not too much.

I still wish the team made Toon Link's dash speed a little faster. He feels like he moves a little too slow to me. I was also hoping for his recovery to send him slightly higher, even if it were at the cost of some knockback.

Overall I'm still happy with the way he plays. Thank you, Project M Team, for all of your hard work and dedication.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ye, it's tap down taunt. somebody forgot to mention that when they made link's changelog. added.
hehehe oops :3

the changelog is definitely not complete but I doubt people will care enough now that debug is out and we can find out most everything ourselves
It's almost 100% complete. The very few things that were missing have been quickly pointed out and added already.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Captain Falcon: Rear and Middle Grab boxes can grab low crouching characters

Yes

YES

YESSSSSS

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
well then to add to it, DDD now flops over from an full airdodge when landing. (why?)

and he has significant increase of IASA on waddledashing.

it was 21 or something like that and now its definitely like 50 or more

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yes please, if you guys find stuff we missed in the changelog please let us know. It's a years worth of changes to go through, and it's hard to sort them out sometimes.

Also he goes into the flop because of a change that makes landings from airdodge -> specialfall go into the special landing animation instead of hard landing

Waddle dash IASA 21 -> 30.

Last edited:

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
I fell asleep at the computer waiting for 3.5 and it was adorable.

My favorite thing about 3.5 so far is the new Dreamland; I'm usually not one to care about graphics in video games, but god damn, it's so beautiful.

Least favorite is that I cannot for the life of me find the time where I can JC Lucas' shine while hitting an opponent now, and I have a tourney later. I hope I can figure it out by then.
he can its just a different timing. Unfortunately lucas' air magnet doesn't hardly allow you to attack out of it with attacks like U-air and anything else other than the wavedash. But again yes lucas can still jump cancel his stuff.

Top Bottom