• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I still can't get over the fact that someone entered Infinity & Beyond last night as Blue Eyes White Privilege. Actually the best tag I've ever seen.

~Dad~

part time gay dad
I'm excited to drive to DFW here in a bit but I really don't want to drive to DFW here in a bit

I'm not awake enough for a 4 hour solo trip :|

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
Posted the Aftershock qualifiers on twitter. Please let me know twitter handles of any players I missed. Aftershock qualifiers from: http://www.tourneylocator.com/AftershockRankings
Is there any reason why the top 8 qualifiers for pm are all from Texas?

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Dyl, Gnosis, and JZ (replacing Oracle since he isn't entering due to TO duties) are all from Oklahoma. The rest of the qualified players are from Dallas, because they attended several aftershock qualifiers and are pretty good.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I'm excited to drive to DFW here in a bit but I really don't want to drive to DFW here in a bit

I'm not awake enough for a 4 hour solo trip :|
5 and a half for us
Because some ****** collapsed a bridge on I10 and we have to go around

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
they moved me out of ripple's pool
into one with someone from my own city
wtf
this is bull
demand compensation

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I still can't get over the fact that someone entered Infinity & Beyond last night as Blue Eyes White Privilege. Actually the best tag I've ever seen.
oh god, i lost it >< that's too good!

5 and a half for us
Because some ****er collapsed a bridge on I10 and we have to go around
ouch, i totally forgot about that. good luck, south texas ;x

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
oh god, i lost it >< that's too good!

ouch, i totally forgot about that. good luck, south texas ;x
It was actually I-35, but it's oky cuz we got 281.

Tho I dont get how taking that route is one less mile than going along I-35, but is an hour longer srsly

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
@ CORY CORY honestly trying to extract the points from your long post (with questions added):

- Too much stomping and specials; I'll prob keep stomping alot but B's I can lessen.

- Use way more Uair and Nair, especially out of shield; Sure, I can tell they're good, albeit wussier seeming compared to his other manly airs, but since I wanna win, I'll up 'em.

- Float more into airs or just to take a breath; In my last tourney I did this more and LOVED it, was able successfully float-bair/fair frequently and also calculate & avoid attacks.

- Overusing fair is forgivable if with good spacing

- WHAT THE FART DOES DJ MEAN??

for ike specifically: there's a "safe zone" for qd, where he'll be in jump squat if he tries to do stuff out of it. right around 2m50s is a good example of that. you could've walked forward and basically jabbed on reaction to his release and hit him (or tried to predict and gone for d/ftilt) and he wouldn't be able to get you with anything out of it.
Ok, so you're talking about how I managed to Bair him soon as he was sliding out of sideB? I gotta say it almost looked like Hoboz was accidentally standing still, or is the animation forreal that long sliding/squatting out of it? I find it hard to believe I had that much time to "walk up an jab him". But yeah- this move is the bane of my matchup with not just Ike but Hoboz specifically so I'll need to further dissect it for some time.

when he aethers, you can typically catch him with uair or d/ftilts (depending on his height), you just need to learn the spacing and timing for it. you were letting ike get back on stage a lot more than you should have because you weren't used to doing this.
Got it, edge guard his upB by just dtilting or ftilting at the cliff (with appropriately learned timing and spacing). Digestibly simple. I seriously didn't know how to even approach him during his recovery and would just wait to gamble a well timed fair during his climb. My only inclination was to sometimes try to stomp him down which is apparently too risky.

Thanks so far, I'll be posting my latest match vid as well in the ganon boards (it'll get torn to pieces even more than this one unfortunately).

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
DJ is double jump : p

The bit about side b: if you're too far away, you can't get in his bubble. I'm on phone so it's difficult to go back to the vid, but I remember the point I used was because you were in the sweet spot, where he's still in jumpsquat and can't do anything to you. If he decides to charge in this sweet spot you can kinda move closer to him and there's nothing he can really do to you.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I played PM for the first time in quite a while

Suddenly my L-Cancel percent is hitting 80-90 and I'm whiffing fewer attacks, and positioning myself so I get punished for whiffed/shielded attacks less than ever before.

Also Ike is now one of my secondaries

What is this world coming to?

Last edited:

Broccoli

Smash Cadet

Suddenly my L-Cancel percent is hitting 80-90 and I'm whiffing fewer attacks, and positioning myself so I get punished for whiffed/shielded attacks less than ever before.

Taking a break is the best way to break bad habits.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
http://www.twitch.tv/leafeown/b/642310714 I played some FFXV.

I tried out the FFXV demo and I have a few things to say I suppose.

Battle system :
Overall : Feels great. I don't feel overpowered or underpowered (until I scripted-summoned Ramuh...)

Gripes : Targetting feels very finicky (You have to hold the target button for about 3 seconds before the target stays on, and holding the button down throughout an entire fight feels awkward to me as someone who's used to it being a toggle.) Loading screens also took ages. Having to set my own destination markers is only an inconvenience to the player, but I can see the reasoning behind it. The mission where you stalk the behemoth to its home is a little finicky as well, especially with the constant messages telling me "You'll lose him!" and then only a few steps closer "He senses you!" Essentially forcing you to be in a perfect sweetspot to continue even though I would much prefer to move hidden behind one rock to another safely.

Ending anything with a scripted battle is pretty lame, I spent 14 minutes wailing on the Behemoth and when I died I can just summon Ramuh and he KOs behemoth, 99,999 damage one-shot. lmao. I could have killed him legit if I kept trying tbh, it just would have taken forever.

The dungeon you go to in order to unlock Ramuh felt very nice. I had reason to attack using the AoE ability "Tempest" and it felt good to hit everything around me really quick.

I only saw one disappointing "invisible wall" near the end of the stream, in the very beginning of this demo you see these giant monsters and you're just like, "okay they're probably out of my league right now," but going back afterwards there's just an invisible wall in the way anyways, and it looked close enough that I would have been able to use Noctis' teleport strike on it as well if it had allowed me to.

The world is nice and open, but it's a bit TOO open, I'm afraid. Several of the tasks require me to run 600 meters at a time and at some point I felt like I had just been running for hours (when it had only really been like 3 or 4 minutes.) The battles will get you awfully sidetracked and misdirected as well since the enemies love to run away from you. At some point I just decided that fighting the random encounters was no longer worth it and just kept running because the main encounter you'll see in the open was a few dog-like creatures, somewhere between 3-5 and you'd be practically helpless to actually hit them without Noctis' warping abilities.

They did a really good job actually making the large enemy hoards and bosses seem like real threats, and I like that. And also devising a plan before the first encounter with behemoth itself was also a nice touch, instead of just going in willy-nilly and saying "slice it until it dies," like almost every other fight.

I love the soundtrack so far. It sounds amazing, and I'm a particular fan of orchestral music, especially when things become intense.

The game is going to be great, I hope it lives up to all of its hype.

Last edited:

Exodo

Smash Ace
my body is craving for PM... again.... i think ill have a physical/emotional/mental breakdown if i dont hear about anything new related with PM soon!!

common PMDT drop a bomb dont let a fan die D: atleast something like: "47"

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
april 1st is in 5 days, so we at least have a video to look forward to

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I dare you all to get an MSX2 Emulator and play Metal Gear.
Get the JP version and patch it, it has more/better content.

It is super hard. If you use guides then you are a loooozer.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
April 1st a new mode is revealed: Ocarina taunt battle!

It's a rhythm game where you and your opponent compete on a concert stage for the title of Hero of Woodwinds.

The more you screw up the more your stamina depletes until you lose. It gets really fast so you gotta practice your instrument to compete.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The ones that are active with the community.

You know.

The really cool people.

Like Strong bad
MonkUnit
Jolteon
Professor Pro

And there was one more that I just can't remember.

OH YEAH
Shadic :alakadoof:
I thought we had something special ;_;...

Top Bottom