• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
The major failing of seasons is that the emphasis is on combat, and there's just no real depth to combat in a 2d Zelda game.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
The major failing of seasons is that the emphasis is on combat, and there's just no real depth to combat in a 2d Zelda game.
One of the reasons I chose to do Ages first was because I read that when you play a linked game you get to carry some stuff over from the 1st game to the 2nd. So doing Ages first lets me get through Seasons faster xD

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I wouldn't go as far as to say Seasons sucks but Ages much better reflects the change in direction when they wanted to do original games instead of LoZ I and II remakes and is the better game for it.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
why is there leftover orange everywhere? its disgusting

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
smashboards dark didn't wasn't orange and black before shaq was it?

pretty sure links and buttons were yellow or white

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
ShaqBoards is my favorite theme still.

Although anything but tourmaline and premium blue hurts my eyes

Exodo

Smash Ace
hey guys i just wanted to say that... na im just kidding just wanted to get my 500th comment :shiro:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
The more I practice SWD the more I realize I have no idea what I would do with the tech in an actual match

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

I completely missed this yesterday. Awesome joke, guys. Kinda wish it was actually a thing. XD

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I've never played smash 64 since I've never owned a n64. I think the game sounds awful. Every hitsound just sounds like a metal bat.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
I've never played smash 64 since I've never owned a n64. I think the game sounds awful. Every hitsound just sounds like a metal bat.
Someone brought it over to my college's PM club thing and we played it for a bit

We all kept sd'ing because the N64 controller holds like poop on a stick

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I think that it's all 100% nostalgia. If people actually liked smash 64 so much they would host tournaments for it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's just a side event. The game is barely played, for all the hype it receives.
It may not be as popular as the other games but people like it and this is a pretty mean and unconstructive comment. It's like how we feel when people say PM is just a side event/doesn't belong at majors/isn't even a real game or whatever. I don't like that feeling and don't want to make any group feel that way, and think other people should look at it that way too.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
It may not be as popular as the other games but people like it and this is a pretty mean and unconstructive comment. It's like how we feel when people say PM is just a side event/doesn't belong at majors/isn't even a real game or whatever. I don't like that feeling and don't want to make any group feel that way, and think other people should look at it that way too.
Hey now, I'm not saying it that way. I'm saying that the game doesn't seem to have nearly enough support when people are so quick to praise it. I think the game looks dated, but that's mostly irrelevant to competition. I just don't understand why almost no one plays it if everyone says they love it.

Like a million melee elitists will tell you that it's their second favorite smash game, but they'll enter melee and pm and never think to start a 64 tournament. I think most people only like the game casually.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I honestly have more fun playing 64 than melee these days. 64 is the only smash game where Kirby is actually good and fun to play as.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Hey now, I'm not saying it that way. I'm saying that the game doesn't seem to have nearly enough support when people are so quick to praise it. I think the game looks dated, but that's mostly irrelevant to competition. I just don't understand why almost no one plays it if everyone says they love it.

Like a million melee elitists will tell you that it's their second favorite smash game, but they'll enter melee and pm and never think to start a 64 tournament. I think most people only like the game casually.
64 setups are hard to come by nowadays, along with a n64 cart of 64 being in the 40$ range. And most people don't have the knowhow to put wads on their wiis/dont have the money to buy the vc or dont want to homebrew their wiis.

Top Bottom