• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

CORY

wut
BRoomer
chocolate chip but i didnt have enough chocolate to complete the recipe so i cheated and added a couple big spoonfuls of nutella
they're god tier

<3 <3
max and i have some errands to run and then we'll probably head over within a couple hours.
i remember your nutella stuffed cookies. those were definitely god tier. i think i'm still recovering from the diabeetus.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
i remember your nutella stuffed cookies. those were definitely god tier. i think i'm still recovering from the diabeetus.
these are like that but the nutella is all mashed up inside instead
dude i just make awesome cookies ~

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
When it comes to competition winning is enjoyment and making nerds salt is eternal.

Also page 2006 so that means another GMG222 game title drop. This is also the year where the PS3 and Wii came out and thus the next console race finally begun. Also Nintendo announces the DS light as well.

Elder Scrolls 4, Gears of War 1, LOZ:TP( the hyped game everyone was waiting for back around 2003-2004), FF12, Bully, New Super Mario Brothers, Marvel:Ultimate Alliance, Dead Rising, Sonic 06(May the Sonic creators have mercy on your soul), Splinter Cell:Double Agent, Saints Row 1, Lord of the rings: Battle for Middle Earth, Call of Duty 3, Company of Heroes, Tomb Raider Legends, The Godfather the game, Rainbow 6:Vegas, Lego Star Wars 2, Guitar Hero 2, Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Resistance:Fall of Man, Battlefield 2142, Red Steel 1, Lost Planet Extreme Conditions, Excite Truck, Tetris DS, Just Cause, Wii Sports(A.K.A the single game that got people in droves buying Wii's and breaking TV's by flinging Wii Remotes), Scarface: The world is yours, Sonic Riders, Rumble Roses XX, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, Jaws Unleashed, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, Metroid Prime Hunters, Beatmania, Viva Pinata, Need for Speed Carbon, GTA: Vice City Stories, Hitman Blood Money, MK:Armageddon, Dirge of Cerberus:FF7, Persona 3( In Japan), Legend of Spyro: A new beginning, Half Life 2 Episode 1, Onimusha Dawn of Dreams, Electroplankton, 25 to Life, Drill Dozer, Street Figther Alpha 3 Max,Grandia 3, State of Emergency 2, Everquest 2, Black, DBZ Shin Budokai, Metal gear Acid 2, Mother 3(Japan only), Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War, KOF Maximum impact 2(Known as KOF:2006 in the states), Urban Chaos:Riot Response, Point Blank DS, Chromehounds, Valkyrie Profile, Lenneth, Super Monkey Ball Advance, Star Fox Command, Pac MAn World Rally, Ninety-Nine Nights, Tenchu Dark Secret, Xenosaga episode 3, Rengoku 2: Stairway to Heaven, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue team, Okami(Beautiful game holy crap), Baten Kaitos Origins, Mario vs Donkey Kong 2: March of the mini's, PKMN Diamond and Pearl( In Japan), God Hand( Game is good and was Clover Studios final game :cry:), Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Killzone:Liberation, Power Stone collection, Elite Beat Agents, Bomberman Land touch, Yoshi's Island DS, Gitaroo Man Lives, Kirby: Squeak Squad, Ape Escape: Million Monkeys(Japan Only)

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?sort=moviemeter&title_type=game&year=2006,2006

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
@Mansuta8 @ Strong Badam Strong Badam

Happy Birthday you guys! :D

We should totally go to a theme park to celebrate! I suggest this one! <3

It'll definitely be an experience to remember. ¦D

MLGF

Smash Lord
One of the top Melee players in the state goes to his first PM tournament since 3.5 came out and actually seems to be taking interest in it.

Holy ****, why did that take so long.

My Smash scene is weird :/

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
buncha weebs tryna pretend like it's not that the only reason they play fire emblem games is to make their waifus marry people

Seriously, though, changing/removing weapon durability doesn't really matter at all.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
I missed two pages or something. I'm just gonna assume it was talking about vidya games, FE's new casualification, waifus, ******** about not being able to say swear words, and anime.

So: What is up with this new mode in FE? Revived next turn? I'm seriously hoping they balance the game around playing the game as standard permadeath, and not around the Phoenix mode, cuz otherwise it's going to be a pretty irritating game to play.
Removing weapon usage limits is ok, so long as they explicitly balance around it, which I expect them to. Lessening micromanagement can actually be a good thing, although I never at any point found weapon durability to be a hard mechanic to deal with. I could see them limiting the amount of weapons you get, making buying new weapons prohibitively expensive, etc.
Also, I have no idea why one would do anything but Nohr(save story purposes), given that we've heard that the Nohr path will have more varied goals for each chapter and more interesting battles overall. Hoshido is supposed to be the easier and simpler one plus grinding too, right? I'm being incredibly elitist here, but I feel like story should be the reward for progressing and incentive for going further, not something handed to the player easily. Why bother playing a game at that point? Why not read the thousands of books that have far better writing?
I'm a bit more concerned about how these new changes to appeal more to the casual audience will affect the series going forward, though, hopefully they retain options that will appeal more to FE vets.

D

Deleted member

Seriously, though, changing/removing weapon durability doesn't really matter at all.
probably not overall, no. it kinda removes the resource management aspect from the harder difficulties though.

the obvious answer is that technology has improved at making better weapons.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Did somebody say cookies?!

Re: weapon durability salt - Who says it won't stay there for Lunatic mode/etc? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
buncha weebs tryna pretend like it's not that the only reason they play fire emblem games is to make their waifus marry people

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
You're an idiot if you think that item management isn't important.

It's the tool that makes iron's and steels hold utility. It adds depth to preparing for games, and it adds extreme utility to infinite weapons due to how much of an advantage those tools add (Chrom's early game iron sword where most units used bronze is amazing, as is Lucina's silver). Making a whole game off these weapons ruins how amazing irons and steels are. Their high usage and low price vs silver's non high usage absolutely made them viable in the late game. It's a balance that even non grind runs of Awakening hold rather well, and to remove that while keeping the classic weapon system ruins a lot.

The other issue is that the legendary weapons / braves that give you bonus stats and have insane utility are balanced by usage. You only need to play FE4 and witness its repair system once to realize how horrible legendary weapons are. Characters who can use them are exponentially the best characters in the game, and pairings are based around how to get broken weapon no. 2 in the run the quickest. Thanks to the repair system, it's never a worry. Seriously, look at great weapons in FE4. Sigurd's Silver Sword is part of the reason he solo's, and there's no reason to not use brave weapons over other weapons in FE4, Ares immediately becomes the best character in Gen 2 because of his sword, and Ike getting the only 1~2 range sword halfway through part 3 in FE10 ends up putting him so ahead of the curve. The weapons make characters easy to use and manage in game, which lets them grow better, which makes them easier to use and it just ends up a freaking loop of insanely unbalanced units.

Look on the other hand. FE5 has tons of insane weapons that are character locked, but the utility of them is limited, even if Brave Lance has 60 uses and comes in chapter 1, it's still limited. It stops players from becoming reliant on tools and forces them to better manage items. You see this with the Pugi, the Brave Weapons, Dragon Lance, Light Sword. Their utility is amazing, but it forces you to think carefully about when they're most needed. And that game had extensive uses on exclusive weapons, like 60 or something.

Item Management is mad important in FE, to take it away means to rework the entire ****ing system to improve balance. If they don't, the whole thing is gonna end up a bigger braindead farce then Lolwakening.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm sad. Why did I not appreciate Big O's genius in my younger years? Show bleeds classical noir trappings, and I honestly love that ****. Always have.

Smooth Criminal

MLGF

Smash Lord
@ MLGF MLGF

Pull it.
:^)
I don't hate change.
I hate bad design. FE's weapon system does not compliment infinite use. I could take it if it was a thing exclusive to casual mode, but infinite uses and FE have never complimented the games balance.

FE4 proves my point.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
So nobody mentions what is so cool about the new Fire Emblem:

Royal characters will be able to use the “Dragon Pulse” to make various changes on the battlefield. Whether its raising a bridge, causing an earthquake, or flattening mountains, there are various changes you can make to the map.
Which is actually really fun and adds variety, but instead people get pissed about system changes sight unseen.

Nerfed Pair Up already makes this a better game.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
God damn I love sound effects
It never fails that I just don't have as much interest in a game when its sounds are off.

That being said, I'm in a situation where I can't have sound on this computer. I do have music playing on some speakers, and while the music is good, without the sounds it's just not nearly as fun or compelling.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm still excited for IF and its obviously doing some stuff right/fixing the stuff from Awakening (Nohr in general, the changes to Pair Up, and a few other things).

But I'm not convinced the change to weapon durability is going to a step in the right direction unless there is a major re-haul to the current system. In the curren system, however, there is a lot that could go wrong with infinite durability.

He's not wrong.
As if you are being any more mature.

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheyChangedItNowItSucks

This is all I'm gathering from the FE discussion. You simply cannot make solid judgement without knowing what other things they are changing. "Item management is gonna be garbo now!" Maybe they'll add another thing that forces you to consider strategy like unit morale or bring back that weird wavey thing from RD and make it work. They might even just make weapon forging weaker and give less opportunities for stronger weapons or make them more expensive.

I can agree that renown was a big ol' poop and Pair Up needed a nerf. I'm also excited for CO Powers from Advance Wars being in, though. Hopefully it'll increase the amount of terrain awareness you'll need.

Bleck

Smash Master
I'm still excited for IF and its obviously doing some stuff right/fixing the stuff from Awakening (Nohr in general, the changes to Pair Up, and a few other things).

But I'm not convinced the change to weapon durability is going to a step in the right direction unless there is a major re-haul to the current system. In the curren system, however, there is a lot that could go wrong with infinite durability.
there's no reason to assume that they're not going to change things to fit the other changes they're going to make beyond having a reason to complain about nothing

if you go back and make your weapons have infinite durability in the old games, it'd be pretty unbalanced - and that doesn't matter, 'cause this new game isn't one of the old games

also yeah everything @ GigasOverlord GigasOverlord said

Have you met yourself?
hey actually yeah as long as you're confronting me about this I'd like to apologize about the way I acted towards you way back when you first ignored me, I was being judgmental and quarrelsome for no reason and it was dumb

Ur a poopyhead.
how ****ing dare you

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheyChangedItNowItSucks

This is all I'm gathering from the FE discussion. You simply cannot make solid judgement without knowing what other things they are changing. "Item management is gonna be garbo now!" Maybe they'll add another thing that forces you to consider strategy like unit morale or bring back that weird wavey thing from RD and make it work. They might even just make weapon forging weaker and give less opportunities for stronger weapons or make them more expensive.

I can agree that renown was a big ol' poop and Pair Up needed a nerf. I'm also excited for CO Powers from Advance Wars being in, though. Hopefully it'll increase the amount of terrain awareness you'll need.
Until it's confirmed that there's some massive overhaul on how powerful weapons are/what the costs to get them are/the difference in power from one to another, I'm only going to assume the worst. And while that may or may not be what they have planned, it's still bad in theory. And it doesn't seem impossible that they would do it either, considering Arms Thrift was 2x Luck stat and luck stat could usually be near or above 50 caps on the characters that mattered-- because we all know we're grinding for everything, right? I have hopes that it doesn't end up being stupid, but I also have my doubts.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Ur all big poopyheads.

But @ GigasOverlord GigasOverlord has a good point, we don't know how these changes will all work together, we're only seeing them in a vacuum at this point, which isn't very enlightening. But, this does seem to indicate a trend towards an easier game overall, or at the very least one where certain complexities are removed. It's less They Changed It, Now It Sucks and more that these changes are indicative of a trend in FE that might go somewhere that a lot of the fanbase doesn't want it to go. Simply saying that those who are complaining are doing so for the sake of complaining or that they're lashing out against change doesn't do justice a lot of the insecurities and misgivings of a large portion of the FE fandom.

Broccoli

Smash Cadet
hey actually yeah as long as you're confronting me about this I'd like to apologize about the way I acted towards you way back when you first ignored me, I was being judgmental and quarrelsome for no reason and it was dumb
For future purposes. If the need arises.

Top Bottom