• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Journey won't sit down for a photo but she's a black cat with a bit of white on the neck/chest. She's also got a healed cut on top of her head. I did take a picture of her new sister which needs a name since I'm terrible with them.

No weeb **** though.
If it was up to me I'd call her Destination because I'm a smartass but eh.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
If it was up to me I'd call her Destination because I'm a smartass but eh.
That's probably 2nd runner up behind Priestess.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Reminder to all you jabroni marks out there when you work a work, not to work yourself into a shoot, brother.

-HH

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Warchamp7 Warchamp7 why does smashboards try to load flash on every page I visit, regardless of whether or not there's an embedded youtube video
Also I have premium and ABP so no ads should be loading, hopefully

Bleck

Smash Master
why do people think sao is relevant or good
because thinking a thing is good often has little to do with any reasonable appraisal of quality and more to do with feeling comfortable with yourself by solidifying aspects of your identity that let you function easily as a part of a group of people

this is also why Attack On Titan is so popular despite being legit garbage

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Got 3rd in singles, 2nd in doubles at an ottawa local, losing to the same two people in both events
Sigh

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
So I'm taking the written exam so I can get my driver's license in Korea, so I got an english-translated study guide with 160 pages and 700 questions.

This study guide is ****ing absurd lol

According to Korea's traffic safety laws, it's perfectly fine not to slow down when blind men and children are crossing the road.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
User was warned for this post
removed by a moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Player -0

Smash Hero
why do people think sao is relevant or good
because thinking a thing is good often has little to do with any reasonable appraisal of quality and more to do with feeling comfortable with yourself by solidifying aspects of your identity that let you function easily as a part of a group of people

this is also why Attack On Titan is so popular despite being legit garbage
But if hating on SAO is popular in the group of people does that mean I'm thinking if I like the next arc that seems to be written actually okay/like a fantasy novel?

Transition from novel to anime makes most things super edgy/magnifies bad traits of novels. Especially when it becomes "cool" to be like, "ooh edgy, protagonist is powerful/wants to do good so original amirite"

Life

Smash Hero
Is it edgy to call everything edgy yet?

Wow now I feel super insecure thanks

Edit: congrats
No prob. :^)

Nah but seriously, I buster out a lot of the time and usually talk about my more successful events in spaces like this one because those are more exciting.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I do not understand this sentence
Me neither.

You said it's easier to conform opinions to group's opinions in order to fit. If I'm saying next SAO/SAO in general isn't /that/ bad quality wise but common opinion is it's bad does that make you guys the people changing your opinion to fit with the group? When does your opinion being yours begin and end? If my opinion happens to correspond with the "popular group's" then will I be called a sheeple? Kind of relevant to the playing top tiers in Smash argument.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Me neither.

You said it's easier to conform opinions to group's opinions in order to fit. If I'm saying next SAO/SAO in general isn't /that/ bad quality wise but common opinion is it's bad does that make you guys the people changing your opinion to fit with the group? When does your opinion being yours begin and end? If my opinion happens to correspond with the "popular group's" then will I be called a sheeple? Kind of relevant to the playing top tiers in Smash argument.
It just kind of depends on how you formulated your opinion, I guess. I watched SAO on the recommendation of a friend, who has posters of it, and I thought it was pretty bad. Definitely not about to watch the 2nd season of that. Too much of that show just doesn't make sense, and too much of it just isn't put together well. I'm also kind of baffled that people use the excuse of "but the idea is cool" when The Matrix happened ten years earlier.

Top Bottom