• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Spoon, slimpy, and strong bad, it was really fun playing and meeting you guys. I hope we can meet and play again if and when I ever getthe chance to.

:phone:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Explain? I have some ideas but I'm not 100% sure...and I'm not sure all those characters are in the demo.
Off the top of my head I'd say Pikachu, Zelda, and ROB all have favorable matchups vs spacies. There are probably more we haven't seen the full potential of yet.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
I'd think balance = Every character is viable. Not equally viable. No one should completely dominate.

There obviously will be a best and worst. It's just about the gap between them. It must be as small as possible. >_<

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Off the top of my head I'd say Pikachu, Zelda, and ROB all have favorable matchups vs spacies. There are probably more we haven't seen the full potential of yet.
Speaking of Pikachu, I haven't seen him much on streams, but I've missed a lot of them lately, so that made me wonder, is there footage of him available?

And if there isn't, is he not ready for the public or is it just that no one of the regulars we see on streams plays him?

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
I'll play him :D Someone come to Northeast Pennsylvania first >_>

EDIT: I remember there being a little problem with powershielding where the reflective area of the shield was universal instead on dependant on the characters sheild size. Is this still true or did I miss something a REEEEALLY long time ago?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man Brainshock was the ****. Toaster, Monk and Strongbad it was cool to meet and play with you guys. That current build feels way too good. All i can say is, that patch will soooo be worth the wait so stfu about asking every day people. Even if i was trying to be critical i cant think of a thing i didnt like about that build or the characters hah.

SB next time i see ya we'll get that DK match in and ill try to give you somewhat more of a match lol.
Spoon, slimpy, and strong bad, it was really fun playing and meeting you guys. I hope we can meet and play again if and when I ever getthe chance to.

:phone:

It was fun playing you developers and other melee/project M nerds like Fluxwolf and Spoon as well in money matches and friendlies messing with new characters and sorry I had to crap on you in our melee match Spoon Good games to all.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
We're trying to cut back on stream recording and stick to youtube. If you wanna see the more experimental stuff, you'll have to catch a stream live.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Dear god last night's stream was amazing. Over 8 hours of streaming and lots of people playing. With wonderful comments made by SpooN, Slimpyman, and Gamegenie222. I feel sorry for those that missed it. :(

krackizwak

Smash Cadet
if you missed last night stream, you missed everything.

Currently Zelda>Everyone else (But Olimar)

My favorite currently is Pit who is very speedy in the air, with faster and more controllable arrows (Smaller arrow loops XD).
Zelda was looking pretty darn good before. I would not be surprised if her zoning game was messing with people. Probably lot of lucario and Zard playing I bet. Those characters seem to be on peoples minds.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I only got to watch like 15 minutes of last stream. I thought it wasn't a big deal since it was gonna be saved.

I thought wrong. :(

At least I got to see some Zelda matches. :/

MaxThunder

PM Support
I missed the stream cause i was at a friends place... and he and another guy were trying to ply LoL... and watching streams doesn't go well with hit internets=(...

iLink

Smash Champion
I just realized zelda is soo fun to play but incredibly boring to watch most of the time.

MaxThunder

PM Support
You missed nothing but awesomeness.
i know.. i watched a minute or so though... think i saw ally playing falcon and suiciding... then my friends started complaining about lag so i had to stop=(...

well at least o got some funny pm matches though... against a guy playing sonic=)... my conclusion: sonic is... damn fast...

kaizo13

Smash Champion
lol kingclubber

1,000% not happening.....do you know how huge side-b is to P:M Sonic's metagame?

i guess you don't

/side-b>shield>grab

EDIT:
also, sibe-b is a big part of sonic's recovery game providing him with more distance and recovery mix-ups

MaxThunder

PM Support
Please for the love god change Sonic's Side-b, he does not need two Spin-dashes. There are very few reasons i can think of why he should keep it. I know you guys can think of something better for it.
lol... you know that his down and side-b is actually different?... they looks kinda the same yeah, but that's a good thing... really...

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
lol... you know that his down and side-b is actually different?... they looks kinda the same yeah, but that's a good thing... really...
I know that, but the differences are much smaller then the similarities.

The only real Side-B differences are

The Invincibility frames.
The small hop.
The Hold charge for damage, and speed.
Some momentum stuff.
Turning around in the air.

The could move some of this stuff over to the Down-B, and just make a totally new Side-B.

Edit:

Forgot about the shielding part. but that can be moved to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom