• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Brawl also allowed for AI in training mode that was a little more than totally braindead. Seriously, Melee's training mode AI was worse than a lvl 1 CPU.

leelue

Smash Lord
Brawl allowed for C-stick in Training Mode

does that count?
Actually, being able to use the C-stick in 1 player mode in general was a great improvement.
So

C-stick in 1player mode
SSE (Huge step in the right direction)
Graphics
Music and music options on most stages
Kirby's voice
Falco's taunts
Stage builder (also step in the right direction)
Balanced roster
Being able to turn on and off EVERY item
2 player HRC and event matches
Smashville and Battlefield
The windmill

Too bad very little of that is competitive.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Actually, being able to use the C-stick in 1 player mode in general was a great improvement.
So

C-stick in 1player mode
SSE (Huge step in the right direction)
Graphics
Music and music options on most stages
Kirby's voice
Falco's taunts
Stage builder (also step in the right direction)
Balanced roster
Being able to turn on and off EVERY item
2 player HRC and event matches
Smashville and Battlefield
The windmill

Too bad very little of that is competitive.
There's nothing more competitive than a good soundtrack.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I think Brawl made a lot of mistakes.

I think the sound effects are horrible. Having more than 4 songs per stage is overkill. Demos? why not put those in the Nintendo shop or whatever its called? SSE? Too much work for a mode you'll only play once. I'd rather get the individual target tests back. Stickers? Same as SSE. Stage builder? Boooring. At least let us put our own BG in there.

Also the camera stays the hell away from the match and the models are huge.

But hey, at least Ike's Japanese voice is boss and Most model's are way better (Talking to you Nessy.) than melee's.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman

I think the sound effects are horrible.
[mostly] agreed. Some things like Zelda's sweetspot lightning kicks are quite satisfying, though.

Having more than 4 songs per stage is overkill. Demos? why not put those in the Nintendo shop or whatever its called?
Too many songs...? How are simple slop-and-paste additions to the game "mistakes?" Just turn off the frequency of some of them completely if it really bothers you that much.
The game demos, by no coincidence, all offer games that are available from Virtual Console. It's almost as if the demos on the Brawl disc are a method to entice you to buy them off there.

SSE? Too much work for a mode you'll only play once.
I still play the SSE mode occasionally on Intense difficulty, as its own game. It's no cakewalk since you need to progress carefully or get wrecked. It's also the best way to hunt for rare stickers for the completionists out there like myself.

I'd rather get the individual target tests back.
Agreed, at least in addition to having the 5 universal BtT levels.

Stickers? Same as SSE.
Again, there's not much work in implementing simple collection elements. You might as well be complaining about trophies at this point, which have descriptive blurbs and 3d models.

Stage builder? Boooring. At least let us put our own BG in there.
Agreed since the simplicity of the stage parts in general are what made it lacking. Boundaries especially are too large.

Agreed except the comment about huge models I don't understand. You'd think that a distant camera would be beneficial there when casually reading that.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Brawl also offered the ability to angle your forward smash during the charge animation. That's a decent improvement over how Melee angled forward smashes.

Ecks

Smash Lord
My main problem is the extreme loading times in SSE, and my wii (apparently every wii?) hates dual layered disks. But I should have said that SSE is fun when using a modded brawl. vBrawl SSE is just too slow for my taste.

And it's true that songs aren't a mistake, but I still think it's overkill.
Having stickers and trophies (which I do like a lot) was too much nonsense for me.

Edit: Oh yeah, and about the models being huge I mean the character models. Like how all melee stages look like 20% smaller by comparison to melee. Good thing PM' models are resized.

Way to use two synonyms in the same sentence.
What synonym? You clearly made a brawl while reading my comment. :awesome:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
"Hmph" trumps Falco's gay *** Brooklyn-ish Brawl accent.
"俺の獲物に手を出すな!" and "逃がすかよ!" have "hmph!" beat any day of the week.

Too bad you can't do Japanese voices in Brawl, except for Marth. Reason #2 that the PMBR needs to get on importing character audio.

leelue

Smash Lord
What synonym? You clearly made a brawl while reading my comment. :awesome:
This is my new word for mistake. I'm using it from here on out, even in spoken conversation.
Spread the word.
It's the new craze.

@monk
It could be argued that it was more skillful to predict which angle you were supposed to choose, but of course I agree that saying such a thing is a brawl and that this is better.

Stevo, did you know you can make a Manqueen on that site? The pope says that's a brawl though.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord

I think the sound effects are horrible. Having more than 4 songs per stage is overkill. Demos? why not put those in the Nintendo shop or whatever its called? SSE? Too much work for a mode you'll only play once. I'd rather get the individual target tests back. Stickers? Same as SSE. Stage builder? Boooring. At least let us put our own BG in there.

But hey, at least Ike's Japanese voice is boss and Most model's are way better (Talking to you Nessy.) than melee's.
I actually liked all the music and the demos. I don't think Nintendo would've released the VC demos without brawl.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
just so you guys know, the PMBR is going to force that melee battlefield skin on you... it will come in the official PM set whenever it's released because BR members are getting paranoid that melee players wont play PM if every vestige of brawl is removed. if you guys don't agree with that, please speak up. i personally think all cosmetic changes should be optional, especially ones like this. oh and you can't even simply delete the stage from your SD card because there are special camera, boundary, etc changes.

the argument is that somehow having melee battlefield instead of brawl battlefield will make players magically less likely to play the game. and apparently having both was completely out of the question, so goodbye brawl battlefield.

i personally liked the brawl battlefield better because of it's soothing color palette; it wasn't like every other stage-- an eye straining discoworld. melee battlefield looks like something that was made in a create-a-stage maker.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
You can always just remove it on your SD card. They're functionally the same.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
You can always just remove it on your SD card. They're functionally the same.
no, because then you need to apply the same stage changes and camera changes that were made to battlefield; you'd be dying earlier/later/whatever compared to the official stage. which is probably an easy task for someone who mods brawl day to day. but for your average player? thats a lot of work.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Why not just change the background from the dull black to something more beutiful in the release. Like put Brawl's Background behind the Melee Battlefiled?

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
I think Melee BF looked more "epic" (the music on Melee BF doesn't fit Brawl). But I like both a lot. Can we have both but with slightly different boundaries on the Brawl boundaries? That'd make some type of sense.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Jiang, I like you and all, but this is getting ridiculous. If you have a problem with something, come to us first and talk about it instead of making a scene and leaking information.

By the way, unlike what Jiang said, we haven't taken an official stance on Battlefield. it won't be gone unless we say it's gone.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I can see why the pmbr is having trouble with this one.
I personally prefer melee battle-field (aesthetics, SCD, etc.) but I also know people have grown to like Brawl's version.

that being said, I agree that both shouldn't officially be put in the game but i don't see why both versions can't be up for download.

Oldeeber

Smash Cadet
I think its a great idea to put melee battlefield in, even if for some reason you would have to replace brawl battlefield. there are gonna be alotta people playing and downloading this game that have never delt with brawl hacks at all, and it could be a real turn off if you have to do all this extra work that uve never delt with before just to get some stages back from melee for a game you might already be skeptical. like imagine mango or some1 downloading this and then finding out that melee battlefield isnt in it and that you have to deal with brawl hacks for the first time. He might just go straight back to melee cuz he already knows he likes that game more in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom