• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
KJ64 already goes over 75m.
Then replace the word with flatzone or something. Other than that, does anyone like the idea?
I'd like to ask the PMBR what they've tested and what they plan to test with kirby's side-B. I'm curious what the gang is thinking, they never seem to disappoint.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Whatever happened to the idea of using the stage expansion code to try and keep as many stages as possible? Problems in the common5 or is the code just buggy?
File size limit on mu_menumain.pac and common5.pac . Can't add new stage preview pictures/icons without breaking the size cap on them real quick.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Also due to a glitch in the code, Random Stage Select will add stages with addresses offset from the original by a certain amount in hexadecimal IIRC. Really pissed me off when I was playing friendlies and would get like Fourside on random without it being on.

Raphael: Counterpick purposes. "I ban Brawl BF" "O... I'll CP to Melee BF" "man"

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
With 41 playable stages, though, would striking still be used in tournament? And wouldn't players get more than one ban due to the extra stages?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Why not just have it that when one strikes a "clone" stage such as a second BF or FF that he/she banned both variations?

:phone:

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
"Question Mark is definitely in."

...but I thought the Clone Engine wasn't even close to being done, even now. Why would this be said unless there was at least a decent amount of work done to this character? Or was the prospect just vastly under-estimated?

(This is about the SMYN podcast from over a year ago in-case that wasn't clear.)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I had an idea one night about Melee Battlefield. It's such a nice looking stage and i'd hate to see it go to waste when 75M exists (though that stage does look pretty malleable.)
On the other hand, we could make a Melee version of this instead.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I assume the only "clone" stages would be the two battlefields. Personally, I think it'd be pretty cool to have two, and I think TOs would be able to handle it. Ultimately it's up to you guys, though.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
With 41 playable stages, though, would striking still be used in tournament? And wouldn't players get more than one ban due to the extra stages?
There are not 41 tournament legal stages, probably not even 20. And there will still be a distinction between CP and Starter for time saving purposes. At least if I ran a tourney there would be

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
See, I would want all 3 BF and FD. The idea being if I strike FD I strike EVERY FD. Thereby eliminating the problem and furthering my personal dream of having every stage from every game.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Well that's a shame about the stages. It would have been great to be able to keep a lot of the brawl stages.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Who said all 41 stages were tournament legal? Not all 41 stages are not tournament legal. There are still stages that aren't tournament legal such as hanenbow, Flatzone, fourside, etc.

EDIT: Strong Bad beat me to the punch. oh well

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
@smashbro, seems like a good idea to a kid who's never been to a tourney before.
I gotta admit. Never been to one. Not for a lack of trying though.

How is it a bad idea? If the issue is "striking FD will be useless because there are 2 more" why not make the solution "striking FD strikes all 3"?

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
@9k+1 I don't think there is gonna be another chapter of bleach. Online the from animecrazy has the series stopped well final episode is like 366 or something. Does the Manga go further because they just plain ended it.

on topic though. Going to tournaments is fun imho because for me personally when I went to my first Melee tourney it showed me personally I had a ton of room to grow.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
I still think it would be MUCH more sensible to make it different than regular battlefield. Am I the only one who thinks this?

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
My argument for including both BFs was, they don't both have to be legal. Nobody's forcing a TO to use all the "tournament viable" stages. Having 2 BFs would allow them to just use whichever one suited their purposes.

Sorry to my fellow PMBR people if you think I'm stepping on toes, but your argument's implication that if it's on the SSS and it's viable it's automatically going to be used in tourneys just irks me.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
When the trailer said there were 41 stages, I just assumed they would all be playable. I didn't realize you guys would include other stages.

And I support what Yeroc said. TOs have brains, let them use them. Both BFs are awesome, and I'd love to have both in the game. Especially if you have noncompetitive stages (like Hanenbow) that you could easily get rid of. I never liked Hanenbow, anyway.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Hanenbow only has one song, the intro chime, which would make any stage that goes over it kind of bland due to lack of variations in songs imo.

iLink

Smash Champion
Can you make the brawl BF the default one and have the melee BF as a bonus by holding a button while selecting brawl BF?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If stage rosters are a strictly or ordinarily TO-controlled factor, I don't think the crew needs to really worry about it.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
@9k+1 I don't think there is gonna be another chapter of bleach. Online the from animecrazy has the series stopped well final episode is like 366 or something. Does the Manga go further because they just plain ended it.
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c487/

Dunno what's stopping another chapter from coming out this week.

Anyway, the Fullbring arc is over for the anime. IIRC, Bleach will just be aired on another station, which only tacks time onto the already expected break. Be sure to expect more filler, though, because the anime managed to catch up with the manga rather quickly.

How is it a bad idea? If the issue is "striking FD will be useless because there are 2 more" why not make the solution "striking FD strikes all 3"?
There aren't any stage "clones" in the Smash series. Some stages may look similar and have comparable attributes, but their differences are still noticeable enough that they can be considered seperate stages. Again, just download Melee Battlefield if you're truely desperate.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
I really like the idea of how sound is dependent on gameplay on Hanenbow...and I really like the way it looks....and the way the background moves. Artistically, it's very interesting (just like Electroplankton). Would there be a way to preserve all this (or at least most of it), while still making it an acceptable playing field? If so, I'd really like to see it happen.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
The only alure about brawls BF is its background/features(the sun dial etc) to me.

So I would take melee's battlefield outlay, then replace the background with Brawl's oppose to the simple black/astral colors of melee's battlefield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom