• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
What?

But he had chainmail. And pants. And realistic belts and pouches so that his sword and shield aren't magically glued to his back and his items aren't stored in his hat.
But the colors Duke! The colors!

I don't like them. They're too dull, and they even managed to make my favorite color (green) look ugly.

what about fox from 64? wouldnt that be his "real" ?
I hadn't played SF64 by the time that SSB came out. And obviously Melee's model is a higher quality version of the SSB64 model (whereas Brawl also changed the design in addition to increasing the quality). So when I think of Fox, I see him in his Melee appearance.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
New, "Hi-res" Stuff is not always better

People (like myself) just like classic stuff and sometimes Classic/old is just better
Playing brawl with melee Captain falcon and even 64 C.falcon is just nice
Oh and the Goku texture..My god! it just look SOOO good
lol im sorry i love DBZ
High res stuff isn't always better but when given two equal things, one of better resolution, it is always better.

Yes, melee and brawl's designs aren't two equal things, but that's not what he was talking about.

Edit: See below. I didn't even need to say anything.

NNID
dansalvato
New, "Hi-res" Stuff is not always better

People (like myself) just like classic stuff and sometimes Classic/old is just better
Yes, so why not make a modern, hi-res version of that classic look and feel?

I'm not telling people what they should and shouldn't like, by the way. I'm merely musing about what should be included in P:M by default. I very much care for a "professional" feel in product design and would rather leave the niche/silly/awesome stuff for personal customization, but that's just me.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I strongly prefer the Fox character model in Melee, so I see where you're coming from. Fox's design in Brawl and all his subsequent games are actually much more accurate toward Nintendo's concept of Fox as a character (which I don't like very much). Fox looks so different in Melee because HAL didn't really have much to work from besides the triangle-headed Fox of Star Fox 64 and Smash 64, so they designed his head to look much more like that of a real fox rather than a cartoon.

However, I see that as more of a character model issue, and Brawl Fox does have some redeeming qualities to him; he looks much more modern and detailed in both polygon and texture, so I think establishing a comfortable medium is in order. This is where the designers come in. :D
Yeah, there are 2 different conversations going on right now. For Fox I'm talking about his Melee model. For Link I'm talking about his TP colors and textures.

I might not mind Link's model as much if someone recolored him with brighter colors. But the reason I used the N64 model is because they already have better colors (and Mewtwo2000 already made 6 of them).

Ecks

Smash Lord
I personally don't like using melee textures in Brawl. They just don't fit. Melee models with brawl textures though, sign me up!

Green is not a creative color.
LOL +1

Edit: 1000 posts! I am now a lord!

lil T

Smash Journeyman
Yes, so why not make a modern, hi-res version of that classic look and feel?

I'm not telling people what they should and shouldn't like, by the way. I'm merely musing about what should be included in P:M by default. I very much care for a "professional" feel in product design and would rather leave the niche/silly/awesome stuff for personal customization, but that's just me.
I don't see why it matters :/

G

genkaku

I'm picturing a vbrawl warioware where instead of rewarding you for simple commands like "taunt!" or "dodge!" it gives you rewards for things like "shine turnaround bair!" or "moonwalk!"

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Because we only had Melee to go by.

Well, he did have the YYG and jacket glitches back then...

Ok, sorry for not telling you sooner.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Ness and Lucas aren't that similar. Only thing they share is djc and 2 specials (which don't exactly work the same).

Pretty much the only good thing Melee Ness has is aerials and yoyo jacket glitches.

Oh and great throws if you can manage a grab.

MaxThunder

PM Support
My post in a nutshell:

1. A development team saying they are going to have the delay on the day of their release would be unprofessional
2. I doubt the P:M team would do that because it is unprofessional
3. Underlying meaning = stop worrying about the delay, the devs got this

There was nothing wrong with my post. You just read it wrong and jumped the gun. Sorry.

And what are you referring to in regards to how I was acting previously? Me disliking specific development decisions for certain characters? I am entitled to my opinion, thank you. I commend the P:M team for the great job they have done for the other 90% of the development and I hope they succeed.
You are entitled to your own opinion... It's the fact that you went about nagging on it for pages that is the issue here...

Ecks

Smash Lord
It's too bad my only option would be a ps3 controller...

And why are there so many people here? Go to sleep everyone, it's probably not coming out in the next 7 hours or so.

NNID
dansalvato
It's too bad my only option would be a ps3 controller...

And why are there so many people here? Go to sleep everyone, it's probably not coming out in the next 7 hours or so.
Honestly, PS3 is probably great for Smash once you get used to it. Besides, there are GCN-USB adapters out there if you really got into it.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
i just woke up. :D
yeah my sleep schedule is weird.

I'm just going to pretend it's still april.14 and that april 15 is tomorrow so i'm not dying of hype

Ecks

Smash Lord
I find the sticks too sensitive and awkwardly placed (my same problem with the classic controller too).
It's true that you get used to them, but you won't play the same as with a gcn controller.

*I haven't played melee with a ps3 controller, just Brawl and its mods (pm included).

Edit: it's almost 3:30 AM for me. I'll be taking my own advise now...

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yeah, sticks are less sensitive than DS3 controllers (for the better imo) and the placement is like GCN's. I can see it being an easier transition.

It's ironic because both gcn and 360 controllers suck for traditional fighting games. Ever played GG with a GCN controller? X_x

MaxThunder

PM Support
360 controllers and GCN controllers are good for traditional fighting games IMO... The only thing keeping me from playing GG with my GCC is that the stupid wii version thinks quarter circle forwards is slightly more than quarter circle... meaning i have to end in between two notches... and if i get it slightly wronr, i jump=(...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom