• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Would it actually go on the front page? Lol don't really feel like writing a wall of text if it's just gonna be brushed off
Yes, articles can be submitted by users and it will go right where "Michigan Hype: Summer Edition" is right now. They stay there until somebody writes a new article and pushes it off, then it goes to the smaller section to the right (where the banner contest/idol/NE national are located currently).

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
DAMN I miss being a playtester and a coder (DERP I WAS NEVER A CODER YOU *******S) because I CAN'T PLAY DIDDY YET.

*******S. ALREADY RAISING HELL AND IT'S ONLY BEEN A FEW DAYS

I really can't wait to see what I've missed though.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Literally got 15 seconds in and had to ask: What was that very first string that ended with you side-Bing the Marth for the win? I had no idea Lucario could cancel moves just on someone's shield. @_@
It was a full a combo string to down tilt and then super side b. And yes, Lucario's shield pressure is unmatched.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
They are trying to make the game as close to melee as possible, and character specific things such as them are of vital importance to their goals. If i remember correctly ganon has all of the same hitboxes as melee except for his ftilt.
hm, Character specific things are of vital importance, you say? Too bad that sheik can't boost-grab in PM then. :p

Bones0

Smash Legend
Strong Bad, you should compile a list of frame data for P:M. And stuff like advantage on block would be cool. Make sure you do every move. Well, I'll let you get to work. Thanks.

Tatoo

Smash Rookie
Hello. I'm new to the smashboards forums. Well, actually not really. I've been following news of the progress of Project M through this topic without actually becoming a smashboards member for the past year (a little after the time of Project M Demo 1's release). I just wanted thank PMBR for such a fantastic job on Demo 2. I was a Dr. Mario and Peach main during my melee days, though I never competed in any tournaments, and I have to say I'm loving Mario and Peach in this demo as well as other characters such as Toon Link, Lucario, Bowser, Wario, and Charizard.

I have a question though, I tried to load up some Custom In-Game Battle Portraits from my SD card for the Riivolution and most of them don't seem to work.

The only .brres files it seems to load are for characters who portraits were added originally for the demo, for example: the Custom In-Game Battle Portraits I've changed for the Team Colors of Sonic, Charizard, Lucario, and all of Sheik's and Zelda's work. However none of the other characters.

Is there a particular reason why this? If someone would be willing to help me I'd truly appreciate it.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Afaik, it's because Sonic, Charizard, and Lucario all have bull**** costumes for teams, and Sheik/Zelda load costumes faster from the SD than the disc when they transform.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The filepaths weren't added to the Riivolution .xml for any other character; you'll have to load via Gecko OS and do it if you want to replace the CSPs.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Sheik can boost grab in PM, pretty sure. o_O
Well, either it's much different to do, or you are mistaken. I've tried to boost-grab and tested multiple times JUST for this technique alone. It isn't happening. If I'm wrong, then that is my mistake and sorry for wasting your time. But, yeah so far I haven't gotten it to happen.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Zelda = female
Sheik = Zelda
Sheik = female

But lets PLEASE not open that can of worms
Zelda = magic, ergo conventional logic doesn't apply. Given that IIRC Sheik is referred to as "he" in OoT, I'm guessing Sheik is a guy, but there's really no way to know for sure. See here for more on why.

EDIT: Is KC:MM under a DDOS attack right now? It's kind of slow and buggy.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Hello. I'm new to the smashboards forums. Well, actually not really. I've been following news of the progress of Project M through this topic without actually becoming a smashboards member for the past year (a little after the time of Project M Demo 1's release). I just wanted thank PMBR for such a fantastic job on Demo 2. I was a Dr. Mario and Peach main during my melee days, though I never competed in any tournaments, and I have to say I'm loving Mario and Peach in this demo as well as other characters such as Toon Link, Lucario, Bowser, Wario, and Charizard.

I have a question though, I tried to load up some Custom In-Game Battle Portraits from my SD card for the Riivolution and most of them don't seem to work.

The only .brres files it seems to load are for characters who portraits were added originally for the demo, for example: the Custom In-Game Battle Portraits I've changed for the Team Colors of Sonic, Charizard, Lucario, and all of Sheik's and Zelda's work. However none of the other characters.

Is there a particular reason why this? If someone would be willing to help me I'd truly appreciate it.
You can go into the XML and edit it to include other characters if you would rather use Riivolution over Gecko OS.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Zelda = magic, ergo conventional logic doesn't apply. Given that IIRC Sheik is referred to as "he" in OoT, I'm guessing Sheik is a guy, but there's really no way to know for sure. See here for more on why.
Eiji Aonuma said:
We recently received information from a survey conducted in the US that indicated that, among our female characters, users had a preference for those that were more on the independent side, such as Shiek and Tetra...
Source. (Emphasis added)

We're done here.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Samus is Nintendo's most iconic female. Zelda is more of an afterthought as link is the one who recieves most attention. I'd say both Peach and Samus are more reconized then Zelda herself.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Sheik is Zelda. Like literally, "Sheik" is a fake persona used by Zelda so she can go out in public without being noticed. Acting like a guy is part of the disguise.

Sorry if I just ruined 2 games for you.

Edit: Here's my new stage port.

This was originally made by "Nazo" on BrawlVault.

Download (BrawlVault)

Direct download

9Kplus1

Smash Master
To be fair, Sheik has masculine features as well. His hands, for example, are pretty manly.

edit: Speaking of Battlefield (nice job "M-izing" that stage, btw, HDT), can characters still wall cling / jump under the lip? I'm referring to the small piece of geometry near the ledge which heralded those particular properties in the Brawl version.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
lol@peoplewhothinkshiekisagaynamsayin

I didn't wanna open that can of worms, but thank you shadic for clearing this up.

On the topic of Sheik, anybody wanna answer why sheik is not able to boostgrab in PM? Any takers? Falco400, maybe? Ryoko, perhaps? Let me know.

edit: hotdogturtle, you are amazing :)

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I think i just found another glitch?

I was playing Lucas vs Peach on FD. She threw a turnip at me, I caught it with Z and the pressed Z again to drop it and Lucas started to slowly hover into the air until he was completely off-screen. I was stuck off-screen in the fall animation (but wasn't falling). I couldn't get down at all.....until I zair'd and went into special fall and then after a couple seconds he came down like nothing happened

Edit: Ok I was able to recreate it. I believe it is a DJC bug similar to that old Yoshi djc bug

Revven

FrankerZ
I think i just found another glitch?

I was playing Lucas vs Peach on FD. She threw a turnip at me, I caught it with Z and the pressed Z again to drop it and Lucas started to slowly hover into the air until he was completely off-screen. I was stuck off-screen in the fall animation (but wasn't falling). I couldn't get down at all.....until I zair'd and went into special fall and then after a couple seconds he came down like nothing happened

Edit: Ok I was able to recreate it. I believe it is a DJC bug similar to that old Yoshi djc bug
Already known, thanks though!

D

Deleted member

i haven't had any problems with sheik's grab. her throws on the other hand...

So after some random bouts with a room mate and a smashfest, but Charizard and Sonic completely elude me on possible play-styles.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Sheik is Zelda. Like literally, "Sheik" is a fake persona used by Zelda so she can go out in public without being noticed. Acting like a guy is part of the disguise.

Sorry if I just ruined 2 games for you.
In the OoT, Zelda's disguise is magic and actually turns her into a male Sheikah. Her entire body type changes. Her shoulders get much wider, her hips disappear as well as her other bits of female anatomy.

And, no, she isn't just wearing tight clothing to hide her figure, you can't compress hips...or height.

HOWEVER:
In SMASH, Sheik is female. Especially in brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom