• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I just want to say that Yakal's Falco is scary. Do you have the match with him v. Rusty?

I was beating Mr. Shackleford in PM, but Yakal destroyed me in the few matches we did.
:phone:

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yeah I have that Match, Shadic. It was WFs and they met again in GFs. I'm highlighting those matches from the stream and uploading them to youtube very shortly. If you lack patience, go to twitch.tv/dazee_ and find it in the videos.

ALSO:
BC will be coming to August GC. Meta, Yakal, Rusty, and I will be heading down there, so you better be there too and set up a PM side tournament :p

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey everyone who wants to go to MELEE-FC (Where the biggest Project M tourney to ever happen is scheduled to occur!), the deal to reserve the hotel at $70 expires today. Check the thread in Tournament Listings for details. See you all there; myself and JCaesar will be running the Project M tournament.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It was at most nationals back when it was popular. Sadly Project M has yet to have a tournament the size of Brawl+ at Pound 4 (63 total entrants), but I'm confident that we will smash that record at FC. Help us make that dream a reality!

We certainly have more hype now though, even if we aren't quite reaching the attendance numbers of Brawl+ in its prime. In addition to the IGN article (which is huge) and much higher download numbers, PMS's (unfortunately short-lived due to crappy internet) livestream had over 200 viewers!

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Wow, awesome! We only peaked at 21 viewers, but that's okay for me since I don't stream a lot :p
We had good internet.. just not many subscribers on my channel xD

Also FCPM is going to be SO FRIKIN HYPE. Omg.

Yakal, Rusty, Meta, Violence and I will be going! See you all there! :D

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
As usual, I swing on by one in a blue moon to present a topic completely different than the established topic at hand.

This thing

Should it be tournament legal?

Reasons to be banned
Extra ZL button
L and R are like a gamecube controller with the springs removed
Requires you to change controller settings on a custom name for every console you use it on.

Reasons to allow:
Left stick is in that stupid playstation layout and is harder to manipulate than a GCN stick.
Wireless so maybe some delay?
It's not a controller mod, it's an alternate controller that brawl already knows how to handle.
Not allowing it would be like not allowing players to chose between gamepad, arcade stick and hitbox in most fighting games.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Also: this is a little old, but Mango talks with Dantarion about Project M at the UCSB Weekend Wars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF3Pzb3Luk4

I was really hyped to have mango show up at my college. I mean it's crazy enough I live near Dantarion, but this was amazing. And then they talked about P:M.

Soooo yeah.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Reasons to be banned
Extra ZL button
Requires you to change controller settings on a custom name for every console you use it on.
So I'm still waiting for you to post the reasons that that controller should be banned.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Hey, if they're nbd, I'll take it. That controller stepped up my game at least 10% once I got used to it.

jalued

Smash Lord
As usual, I swing on by one in a blue moon to present a topic completely different than the established topic at hand.

This thing

Should it be tournament legal?

Reasons to be banned
Extra ZL button

Reasons to allow:
Left stick is in that stupid playstation layout and is harder to manipulate than a GCN stick.
Wireless so maybe some delay?
It's not a controller mod, it's an alternate controller that brawl already knows how to handle.
Not allowing it would be like not allowing players to chose between gamepad, arcade stick and hitbox in most fighting games.
I don't see why it shouldnt be, especially considering its hard to find GC controllers nowadays.

And lag is not a reason why it shouldn't be allowed, but why it wouldnt be used

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why it shouldnt be, especially considering its hard to find GC controllers nowadays.

And lag is not a reason why it shouldn't be allowed, but why it wouldnt be used
The possible lag was a reason to allow because you're at a disadvantage, meaning there's no reason to ban it.

However, I don't actually know if there's lag. I've never felt any, but I also never felt brawl's lag because I'm bad.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
As opposed to the even stupider X-Box layout where it's an inch away from where the thumb rests and is indented instead of outdented, making it harder to hold in one direction continuously and harder to push from the side.

Playstation has the second best controller after gamecube, and the best one for fighters.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I find having to have my thumb sidways instead of straight up to be harder to use

Airjelly

Smash Rookie
I use the cc pro too, and I don't notice much lag. The layout feels pretty natural imo.
I don't see many reasons for banning it, but the most valid ones would be:

1: Connecting it to multiple consoles could cause problems/waste time
-similar to the ps3 controller at some traditional fighter tournaments

2: Batteries

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
As opposed to the even stupider X-Box layout where it's an inch away from where the thumb rests and is indented instead of outdented, making it harder to hold in one direction continuously and harder to push from the side.
I disagree, I've always found the indent makes it easier to hold one direction continuously.

I still prefer the Gamecube controller, though.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I thought it was going to be something along the lines of.. dirty and overused

Anyways, all the videos are up from the PMP tournament last weekend! GGs to everyone and expect more! We lost more than half of our expected entrants because we were pushed onto a sunday, but it was still a fun tournament nonetheless. The next one will hopefully be the biggest and baddest P:M tournament on the WC if WA and Vancouver Island comes out :p

Singles Playlist
Doubles Playlist

I only uploaded WF, LF and GFs for doubles since not many of those matches were played on stream, so I just uploaded the important matches. I'm sure there aren't that many people hungry for doubles footage anyways so whatever lol

For those people who just want to watch finals:
WFs
LFs
GFs set1
GFs set 2

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Buy Y-Splitters. Splits the inputs into two outputs, one for TV and one for computer.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I bought a Dazzle a while ago; it came with a program I needed to install in order to record with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom