• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Whoever made dair less safe on shield sucks then >: (

I'm interested to see how Ivy's style does vs the current metagame as well, it's a pretty big contrast to the rest of the cast. Hopefully it doesn't polarize her MUs much.

:059:

Stevo

Smash Champion
those poor people who don't have ***.

I feel like Ivysaur will be good against characters that try to force a battle of attrition, but maybe not so good otherwise.

that's just speculation, of course.

Gimpel

Smash Cadet
Isn't razor leaf like samus' missiles that it has a normal and a smash input, where the smash input is faster ?
Thought I heard something like that

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Isn't razor leaf like samus' missiles that it has a normal and a smash input, where the smash input is faster ?
Thought I heard something like that
The start-up is just as long, but the projectile goes faster. Fast Razor Leaf just disrupts; it doesn't do much damage or lock people in place for long.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Got the best brawl player in my state into P:M. Gonna upload some videos soon of him. He's never played melee but he's really good o.O lol. Now to convert the melee players...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
^^^

I'm not taking any chances. I'm going Marth on Ivysaur ***** ***

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You can grab the edge with Up-B even if someone is on it now. Also, D-Air bounces you up while you move, so the distance she reasonably covers is increased. I'd say her recovery is fairly difficult to stop.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lies

I have so much camping experience that I have a tent in my backback, a marshmallow tattoo, and bear repellent in my ****ing utility belt.
Do you know... who I am?

Victra: Damn right mother ****er

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
And they will say "'LOOK! There he goes! The most.... ELECTRIFYING MAN IN SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT!"

metroid1117

Smash Master
You can grab the edge with Up-B even if someone is on it now. Also, D-Air bounces you up while you move, so the distance she reasonably covers is increased. I'd say her recovery is fairly difficult to stop.
Does the up+B have a hitbox if it tethers to the edge? / Can it hit you and cling to the edge if you're hanging on the edge and your invincibility ran out?

I haven't played against Ivysaur yet so I could be incorrectly theorycrafting, but I can't see her recovery being that hard to stop if there's no hitbox when she tethers; even though it goes low and "auto-sweetspots" every time, low attacks look like they'll reach her like they can with Link's hookshot. Granted, you don't need to airdodge before using Ivysaur's tether, which makes it harder to see coming, but I don't think it should be that hard to guess when she'd use it.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Does the up+B have a hitbox if it tethers to the edge? / Can it hit you and cling to the edge if you're hanging on the edge and your invincibility ran out?

I haven't played against Ivysaur yet so I can't judge for sure, but I can't see her recovery being that hard to stop if there's no hitbox when she tethers; even though it goes low and "auto-sweetspots" every time, low attacks look like they'll reach her like they can with Link's hookshot. Granted, you don't need to airdodge before Ivysaur's tether, so it'll be harder to see coming, but I don't think it should be that hard to guess when she'd use it.
It does not have a hitbox when she tethers to the edge. That said, her Up-B reaches much further than all the Z-Airs, and her aerials and Razor Leaf help to protect her and get people away from the optimal edgeguarding position.

It's far from foolproof, but I'd call it above-average.

metroid1117

Smash Master
It does not have a hitbox when she tethers to the edge. That said, her Up-B reaches much further than all the Z-Airs, and her aerials and Razor Leaf help to protect her and get people away from the optimal edgeguarding position.

Nice, I'm glad to hear that. It'll make going out to edgeguard her more fun then :p.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
And I camp harder than that. I camp harder than Life.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Is there a schedule for the updates? Like a new character for 2.5 every week or something? Or is it just whenever?

MaxThunder

PM Support
Just gonna chime in and say, the most I've healed in a match with Ivy, is 94%, and this is with me FOCUSING on healing set ups and silly pummel grab break regrab shenanigans that shouldnt of worked, but caught players off guard due to grab range. I also didn't win all matches with that style.

Take it with a grain of salt.
Have...

Yeah, Sdo0m is pretty cool.
wooh that is awezome=)... is that in the latest stream recordings?..

`dazrin

Smash Champion
soooooo try hard

how is ivysaur's recovery? seems very gimpable lol
Ivysaur's recovery is pretty darn good in my experience! :)

Is there a schedule for the updates? Like a new character for 2.5 every week or something? Or is it just whenever?
You guys will always have a guaranteed update every Saturday!

wooh that is awezome=)... is that in the latest stream recordings?..
Yes, it was streamed last night. :) I forget who exactly streamed it though (SOJ?)

Has the switch from shoop to bulb changed the efficacy of any of her combos?
No, the ability to combo into Solarbeam is the same. :)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You'd think that people would get it by now lol

Has the switch from shoop to bulb changed the efficacy of any of her combos?

Neko, you say she has an above average recovery. That'd mean that at least 15 characters have a worse recovery than her. Do you really mean that?

Well, you could say Spacies Falcon sometimes Ganon, IKE man his recovery sure blows Sonic loses to hixboxes throw out a nair he won't make it back then you got saps like Luigi, Bowser easy to keep knocking away, idk it may not be a stretch

stingers

Smash Obsessed

I thinks she probably should have a hitbox with the tether, I mean she's going to be easy enough to edgeguard as is with the most linear recovery in the game.

leelue

Smash Lord
Well, you could say Spacies Falcon sometimes Ganon, IKE man his recovery sure blows Sonic loses to hixboxes throw out a nair he won't make it back then you got saps like Luigi, Bowser easy to keep knocking away, idk it may not be a stretch
SONIC has a top 5 recovery
dear god where did you get the idea that you could stop that man from getting back onstage?

Falconbros = yeah
Foxobros = gimpable but still their recoveries are not terrible. Fair arguments could be had.
Bowser = lol
luigi = sometimes
game and watch = not a character
DK = lol usually
Ike = arguable but still pretty good
marth = arguable
sheik = arguable
Wario = why am I playing wario
Rob = arguable
DDD = arguable
Ness =
Toon link = poor

All in all Yeah I suppose a case for 12th-18th best could be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom