• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Were you not able to ledge tech in brawl? I don't understand what this update means. what did they change? Is it easier to smash di? I had no trouble teching peaches d smash in 2.1...Does anyone else think team attack should be on in SSE?

:phone:

metroid1117

Smash Master
I've only met 1 Ike that is considered good enough to place high in tournies, yea. But I've played plenty of other people who use Ike. All with varying levels of skill.

But you're right, so....

OPEN CHALLENGE TO ALL IKES

Come get ***** by me please
If I can get a couple hours away from my family during our family reunion trips to NY, I'd be willing to play you! How close are you to Queens/Flushing?

Were you not able to ledge tech in brawl? I don't understand what this update means, what did they change?Is it easier to smash di? I had no trouble etching peaches d smash in 2.1...

From what I understand, in Brawl you cannot SDI into the stage, colliding with it, and then tech from that collision. In Melee, you can SDI into the stage and tech off that collision. Edgeteching Peach's DSmash isn't hard because the trajectory of the move sends you into the stage (thus making you collide into it), so you don't have to SDI into the stage in order to tech it.

You guys are amazing. Now I can use FSmash, Eruption, and DTilt at the edge without feeling bad.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think it should be specified that ledge teching through normal DI has always been around and that the fix is being able to SDI/ASDI to force a collision allowing the tech.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
If I can get a couple hours away from my family during our family reunion trips to NY, I'd be willing to play you! How close are you to Queens/Flushing?
I'm actually right next to Flushing. I live in a town called Whitestone, it's the next town over.
And you know we'd definitely have some epic matches. When do you plan to visit NY next?

yo did they take the super armor off ikes recovery? that **** is the stupidest thing ive ever heard of. im tired of them giving bad chars ridiculous buffs to compensate for being bad.

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
yo did they take the super armor off ikes recovery? that **** is the stupidest thing ive ever heard of. im tired of them giving bad chars ridiculous buffs to compensate for being bad.
What he said. I literally laughed when I saw Mango shine Metroid's up-b and he just armored through it. His recovery is plenty safe and versatile without armor.

Revven

FrankerZ
It's only super armor if it armors through everything, which it doesn't. It only armors weak attacks, and Fox's shine is a weak attack.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
It's only super armor if it armors through everything, which it doesn't. It only armors weak attacks, and Fox's shine is a weak attack.
Unless they've changed it from vBrawl, Ike's up-b has super armor about when he throws his sword up to right before he goes up to grab it. It armors through everything.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
in vbrawl it has super armor, straight up knockback resistance

in p:m i'm pretty sure it has some sort of weak attack armor or some ****, i've springed ike with sonic sometimes so it's not super armor

Revven

FrankerZ
Unless they've changed it from vBrawl, Ike's up-b has super armor about when he throws his sword up to right before he goes up to grab it. It armors through everything.
It's been changed, I'm part of the PMBR (new name could be throwin' peoples off). What I've described is how it is in Demo 2.1. =P

I can't say whether the armor is going to removed or not for 2.5, but what I can say is, his recovery has been tweaked in two ways already. Both of which impact him quite heavily compared to 2.1.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
super armors cooler. and less broken. zard doesnt really need invincibility...

but he DOES need something to get through those orbs.
those damn orbs. they haunt me in my dreams.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I bet one of ikes recovery changes is to his wall jump. Maybe something like less height for each jump/degrades quicker, (they should just take the wall jump away altogether imo)

metroid1117

Smash Master
For the record, Aether has knockback armor, meaning that attacks must do a certain amount of knockback (80, in this case) in order to hit him out of Aether. This means that different attacks will knock Ike out of that knockback armor at different %s. Fox's BAir, for example, cannot knock Ike out of Aether if Ike is at 0%. However, at higher %s (I don't know what), Fox's BAir can hit Ike out of Aether. Fox's shine, however, has set knockback regardless of the opponent's %; this means that it has the same knockback against an opponent at 0% and 999%. Because Fox's shine has a base knockback less than 80 and it's knockback growth is 0, it will never hit Ike out of Aether.

Also, Daze said on stream that Ike's Aether has been shortened (which I support). I'm not sure about the second change though.

@Eli: I sent you a PM, I doubt it will happen but it would be ****ing HYPE if it did.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. Ike's armor is knockback based. For example, at low % I Knee'd an Ike and he ate it up. However a few % higher I kneed him and it went right through. I was surprised at first, but it makes sense. It makes low % ridiculous deaths hard to get on Ike, but past 60% or so most regular sex kicks and bout every Fair in the game should hit him out of it.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
woah woah woah 9k.
i need to watch you play the MU. cuz I hate it. with fiery passion.

I know flamethrower breaks dins, but thats not the safest move to just throw out there. if zelda teleports in on you she can punish it hard. and teleport is so safe it's very risky for me to just throw flamethrower out there like that. but it is an option. he just needs a faster one.

i didnt know he had invincibility on nair, thats godlike. I needa get that timing down...

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Why all the Ike nerfs?

Can you remove two of Jigglypuff's jumps? It would make there be a risk to her going off stage and only affects a small portion of her on-stage game. There's no reason you should be using more than 4 jumps on stage unless you're doing some Hungrybox stuff anyway.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh xD
nair would be way cooler. but up b works. is that when the hitbox comes out too? do you know?

you know what we really need? frame data x.x

Stevo

Smash Champion
changes aren't always to nerf or buff. Sometimes it's for the overall gameplay and feel.

Jigglypuff has lots of jumps, but they run out eventually. Ike only being able to walljump twice (if that is indeed confirmed eventually) means he has more than 1 to mix up his recovery, but also cannot abuse things like infinite stall etc.

I think Ike shouldn't have armor on his up-b because it is counter intuitive and not conducive to exciting edgeguards.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
oh xD
nair would be way cooler. but up b works. is that when the hitbox comes out too? do you know?

you know what we really need? frame data x.x
Invincible Nair? That's p. sexy; I'd definitely **** it.

All you need to know about the invul on Fire Spin is that it's nothing amazing and a pretty bad choice to go with at earlier %'s.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
Why all the Ike nerfs?

Can you remove two of Jigglypuff's jumps? It would make there be a risk to her going off stage and only affects a small portion of her on-stage game. There's no reason you should be using more than 4 jumps on stage unless you're doing some Hungrybox stuff anyway.
i would probably agree if your comparison wasn't so disproportionate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom