• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
riivolution should be the new standard anyway, its like requiring gecko to use brawl+ in the old days. bionic sonics brawl mod launcher is heaven.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
riivolution should be the new standard anyway, its like requiring gecko to use brawl+ in the old days. bionic sonics brawl mod launcher is heaven.
riivolution is easy to install right? i might have to get it if that's the case e.e brawl sounds give me a headache after playing nothing but melee for a month.

inb4lrn2google

chaoticyeshua

Smash Cadet
USB loading is much, much faster and doesn't cause wear and tear on the disc drive. Plus there are a bunch of people whose disc drivers are already broken. Since Riivolution requires the official game disc, I honestly would prefer a method where I can use a USB loader. I own the game, but I hate using the disc because it's soooo slow.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
A number of Wii consoles have issues reading dual-layer discs and their drives can even crap out. The solution to that is sending in to Nintendo for free, but the main problem arises when a good amount of people on here have HBC or any form of hax.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh... cool.

That's not a big deal then. I thought they actually rejected Wii consoles with "illegal" programs on it.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
They're actually replacing disc drives nowadays that won't work with hacks, or... something.

I don't know specifics, but that's what I heard, so be careful.
Light shielding is looking impossible (the actual shield itself). We already have a light presses code done which allows for not having to hold the button all the way down. This has been answered before which I believe it is also in the second post of the thread.
Wrong. Dantarion just has to modify his code.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
ok i was watching the match with D3.. i'm not a fan of him bcuz link mains hate him <_<
but don't you think that his up B has waaay too much landing lag? o.O he'll get wrecked so bad..
maybe halve the current time? or 1/3rd.. something? or do you already have plans on that and i'm *****ing over nothing?
Well, him having years worth of landing lag was actually something Sakurai added on purpose :D

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/kingdedede.html

"However, if you try to cancel just before landing, you’ll make a fool of yourself, and you’ll be vulnerable for even longer, so watch out." - Sakurai, Dojo

Canceling higher = less landing lag. Not sure if P:M wants to keep that tho. =]

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
@ ddd thing. that's rly stupid.

@discs messing with the drive: WTF?? so that's why my wii now freezes on wifi? =_= **** that.. so basically playing any game slowly messes up the wii.. that's really.. bad design <_< first they release a console that's only slightly more advanced than the previous one on the stupid gimmick of "motion controls" which suck anyway. theeen they design it so you need a REMOTE to even play the **** thing. THEEEN they ruin even more wiis with their stupid updates. ANNND THEEEEN they don't even have the decency to make it so the disc drive doesn't deteriorate from just using it? wut?

@nintendo replacing disc drives to ruin our hakx: MOAR WTF! i swear i'd go on a rampage if i was stuck with brawl and no hacks. i would literally smash brawl(c wut i did thar?) to pieces. brawl is worthless without hacks and hacks are the only thing that make it semi-bearable.

can't we just delete homebrew before we send it? it's not like i'm pirating anything with it so they can rot. well.. except a couple channels.. but the channels are their stupid *** way of trying to capitalize on 20 year old games and nostalgia. and they deserve to die for making brawl (more importantly link in brawl) suck.

ya..
rant over.

Revven

FrankerZ
Actually, you can just hide the HBC on the last page of the Wii Menu. That's what I did with mine. Although, that was back in December '08 and I've heard Nintendo when receiving Wiis has a disc that actually checks to see if the Wii has any traces of HBC.

Also, anything that has a laser has the chance of deteriorating over time. Brawl just ***** the Wiis laser because Nintendo didn't really think anyone would make use of a dual layered disc.

But this is freakin' off topic.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol nintendo didnt think anyone would make use of dual layers and then they're the only people to use it...touche

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Saw some of the new vids. Lookin' sexy.

How many times can Lucario use up+b?

from my observations, he can do it off the ground and still retain his up B. so once. unless he does it off the ground. then twice.

sorry about being off topic. i dun liek nintendo anymoar.

Revven

FrankerZ
Remember, Brawl characters that don't look cool like Snake or Wolf likely haven't been touched very much. There's your point of reference.

iLink

Smash Champion
Assuming they used Brawl+'s Lucario as a base, Lucario can do another upb in the air if the first upb started on the ground.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Would be a good idea characters having a slight super armor when using the DJC?

I mean, a super armor like the yoshi's midair jump that goes only until a certain percentage but working with the DJC aerials, I don't know, that would reduce the risks of the DJC characters of being gimped while trying to do a DJC, and all of them have issues with recovering.

I don't know if it is possible anyway >_> so excuse if what I said was dumb.
I support this :D
Oh, and lol at Mewtwo having a bad recovery.

sorry about being off topic. i dun liek nintendo anymoar.
Yeah, how dare Nintendo not let you from perverting their creation in whichever way you see fit. It's not like they spent 3-5 years perfecting it or anything.

I'm not anti-hacking, but I can certainly see it from Nintendo's point of view. I'd be pretty pissed if I released a game that I put heaps of effort into making great (which Nintendo did Brawl-hater), and then I just receive heaps of criticism for it which is pretty much "They changed it now it sucks" and they actually HACK INTO THE GAME just to try and "fix" it.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I support this :D
Oh, and lol at Mewtwo having a bad recovery.

Yeah, how dare Nintendo not let you from perverting their creation in whichever way you see fit. It's not like they spent 3-5 years perfecting it or anything.

I'm not anti-hacking, but I can certainly see it from Nintendo's point of view. I'd be pretty pissed if I released a game that I put heaps of effort into making great (which Nintendo did Brawl-hater), and then I just receive heaps of criticism for it which is pretty much "They changed it now it sucks" and they actually HACK INTO THE GAME just to try and "fix" it.
idc. they aren't banning action replays or anything. Brawl isn't just bad because they "changed it" it's simply bad. sure from a casual gamer's point of view it's the best thing ever, but to anyone who's good(ish) at smash, it's trash. plus, they made the money off of the trash already so they can stfu and let me make meh texturez. they can blame sakurai. brawl is a great game.. until you start getting into the depth and advanced play.. then it's the worst thing ever.. it's like a cake. top layer is icing. mid layer is dark chocolate(eww). bottom layer is the cardboard that your baby brother puked on before the cake was put on it. the deeper you go the worse it's gonna taste. <_<

and also, their motives aren't as pure as "OMG WE PUT WORK INTO THIS TO MAKE ALL OF THE PEOPLEZ HAPPY AND NO ONE APPRECIATES IT ;____;"
it's more: "OMGWTF SOOOME PEOPLE ARE PIRATING WITH HOMEBREW?? DELETE DELETE DELETE BCUZ WE'RE LOSING MONEY OMGWTFBBQ"
i agree that people shouldn't pirate, but the ones who are using it for recreational purposes or w/e shouldn't be punished.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Changing something doesn't mean you made it worse.

Making something worse means you made something worse.
-DD

Rikana

Smash Champion
I know its a really good discovery but how much does it help the character's alterations by? I just know that samus and zamus are the ones that have very limited space for alterations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom