• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Another question:
Is it possible to bring back the sound of the attacks? Brawl is almost soundless *remembers Ganondorf's jab* and I liked the fact that you actually felt you hit something when you did. I'm sure that the screaming sound will help this a lot, but it would be beautiful if you could bring back some sound effects.
I hope they do this.

Brawl sound effects are gay as ****.

Revven

FrankerZ
Once again, I have said this before, once there is a File Patch code in which SFX can be replaced (without crashes) AND there's a method TO make the SFX, it will not be possible to restore the SFX from Melee.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Once again, I have said this before, once there is a File Patch code in which SFX can be replaced (without crashes) AND there's a method TO make the SFX, it will not be possible to restore the SFX from Melee.
You mean "until" there is a file patch code? It sounded misleading otherwise.
I'm really hoping VILE made good progress on the SFX. We haven't heard back for quite a while (that I know of). Even without P:M here, I'd still swap SFX in a heartbeat with Melee and 64 (especially the 64 Ray Gun, holy ****).

BG3

Smash Journeyman
You mean "until" there is a file patch code? It sounded misleading otherwise.
I'm really hoping VILE made good progress on the SFX. We haven't heard back for quite a while (that I know of). Even without P:M here, I'd still swap SFX in a heartbeat with Melee and 64 (especially the 64 Ray Gun, holy ****).
The Beam Sword and Bob-omb as well sounded amazing in 64.

BG3

Smash Journeyman
*remembers Ganondorf's jab*
A million times this. I'd love to see Ganon's Melee jab sound in Brawl once everything is completed. Brawl's sounds just don't compare. Sorry for the double post.

a nub

Smash Ace
speaking of barlw's crappy sound effects...

Probably what I hated most about that game's sounds are how when taking high knockback, you just hear that one stupid crowd cheer. I missed how melee had the cries of pain along with the more powerful impact sound effects. Nothing beats bairing ***** jiggs in the face :)

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
The other thing Brawl messed up was making hit vs. whiff sound effects stupidly ambiguous; rather than a discreet 'swoosh' for swinging and 'thud' for hitting, many sound effects have a simple, muddy 'thud-swoosh' which is pretty similar either way. Bottom line, to much low end on swing, not nearly enough on connect.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Well, Melee had port priority too. Like if you have port priority with G&W doc can't dthrow him.

@Kupo But the nerfing of Ganon, Link, and Yoshi is kinda gay. :laugh:
Really? Never knew that about port priority. And yea, the chars you mentioned had bad changes. Although I think the Dair power reduction helps ganon to aid comboing actually
Nah, that was gay too.

Dairing people with Marth is not nearly as satisfying if it isn't lethal :p
Lol, right and hitting someone with Roy's dair meteor is more satisfying knowing that you will probably die and they will cancel it. What were they THINKING!!! :p

Speaking of bad effects, the air dodge grunt sounds were cooler than Brawl's generic same across the board sounds. And what about jumps? I'm pretty sure Mario doesn't profess his happiness with every hop like he used too.

camelot

Smash Ace
Speaking of bad effects, the air dodge grunt sounds were cooler than Brawl's generic same across the board sounds. And what about jumps? I'm pretty sure Mario doesn't profess his happiness with every hop like he used too.
I've done the air/sidestep sound changes on the characters I've done. So for example, on an air/sidestep dodge, Ganon says "Hmph", Marth says "Oka" (or whatever it is), etc. You get the idea.

For some reason, all jump sound effects start on frame 5 of a jump, rather than frame 1... I'll be fixing that.

Also, characters don't always make their sound effects when teetering on a ledge, or grabbing a ledge. So I'll be fixing that, too.

I'm definitely keeping an eye on detail, so in addition to editing the movesets of characters, I also edit little things like sound effects, graphic effects, and sword trails, edit when they play/appear, fix inconsistencies with them, etc. I'm taking into consideration a lot of things the developers of Brawl apparently didn't do.

Maybe I care too much, but I want Melee 2.0 to look... professional, you know?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Don't be surprised when the final build of P:M is much more professional and organic than Brawl... although that's not saying a lot.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure most of us who actually preferred brawl to melee can agree 100% that the sound effects were lacking in this game. The only sound effects that didn't disappoint me were the menu button noises.

shanus

Smash Hero
This is why camelot does most of the pac changes and I do code changes.

None of these small things bother me lol

Kix

Smash Journeyman
I didn't actually notice the sound effect things that much but no doubt that made the game feel even more boring.

shanus

Smash Hero
Camelot, could you add taunt cancelling like it was in 64?
I've been having issues getting the edge cancels to work with the teetering animation. If i do get it to work, it will easily be applied to a global taunt cancel code.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
questions about my boy link:

how the heck with yall have his bomb jump recovery in or do yall have something to replace that

2: will his nair be nerf like melee how the frames last like foreva

3: how r yall going to in put his hook shot to hit the stage if yall can do that 0_o

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
It was more like.

"SUPER SMASH BROTHERS MEEEEEELEEEAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!111111!!"

The second syllable of Melee was a mix between lee and lay, it was odd. I can't even say it.

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
So ... when there will be BETA 1 of it?

And will there be Roy or Marth included?

//AX

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
1) Read the OP, please.

2) Of course Marth will be included. Roy might be eventually if we can do it in a seamless and professional manner without replacing another character.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
So ... when there will be BETA 1 of it?
Though I'm sure the answer is in the OP, I'll say it anyway... Only when the main mechanics are ready, and working, will there be a beta. They want to release a SOLID beta. They want to make sure it goes as smooth as possible, all things considered. Don't hold your breath, good work takes time.

And will there be Roy or Marth included?
Umm.. no. Just Marth (or is it Rarth? ;P). The fallen five, which includes Roy, will NOT be in this game UNLESS a working clone engine is released that allows the game to recognize new character IDs. Only when this, and model importing are possible will we ever see the fallen five rise once more.

EDIT: Ninja'd by SHeLL!

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Wow, why exclude ONE character knowing that you're screwing over all of the young Link fans?

There's no point of leaving ONE character out.

Imagine Melee 2.0 is coming out and you're mad happy and then they say it's not necessary to put your fav character and exclude him and only him. You wouldn't be kind of pissed?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I agree with Etwists. Either have the forgotten five in, or not. Don't put just some in because you like them more. Hell, I'd play this just for the chance of playing Roy and Mewtwo again in a melee setting.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I never said that I don't want him in, it's just that he has a replacement. But heck, I would like him in too(and all others, especially Doc and Roy). Also, I'm pretty sure that every melee fan will at least try this project, even if the fallen 5 are not in.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
well, frankly, that's a little unfair to say. val's not arguing at a gameplay POV but in a franchise one.

those characters aren't reincarnations of themselves, with altercations and different models but with the same name, plus an adjective.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Again, when did I say they should not be in? I only said he was not necessary, not that he should not be in given the opportunity. About Ike and Lucario: They are a LOT different from Roy and Mewtwo. Young Link was not too different from Link and TL is much more different from him. Still I enjoyed YL more than I enjoy Link/TL and it would be cool if he gets added

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
It doesn't really matter. Put all 5 in or put none in. It would be gay if they actually left YL out.

I can't seriously say that shanus would do that.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
so.. let's save the conversation regarding additional characters for when we can actually implement them-- if ever.

w00t! 1,111 posts, make a wish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom