• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Actually in brawl staling moves reduces hitstun to the point where it messes up a lot of otherwise good strings.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Actually in brawl staling moves reduces hitstun to the point where it messes up a lot of otherwise good strings.
Maybe for some characters, but I know that staling Jiggs' bair is most definitely a good thing.

If it was un-staled, you'd get away with one hit and then they were out of reach. If it is fully staled you can barrage them with bairs by abusing her aerial mobility and the range + speed of bair.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Bwarl has hitstun?

-knows that brawl has hitstun so don't start-

She can airdodge out of it.
Ya... come to think of it, i could have figured that out if i was thinking. <_<
>_>

Thanks for the response to my stupid question.

Starscream

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxw_0sXR8ds

There's also other vids I put up where he's the one using Zelda but he doesn't stray much from the way he plays her in B+.
Duuuuude. Watching your most recent vids has given me that Melee 2 feeling more than any other video I've seen of P:M. I mean seriously, wow. ****ing awesome Marth matches. Keep up the stellar work on P:M and please keep posting more fantastic footage.

/dickridinMagus

G

genkaku

In the way of Beta: Landing Detection, DI, odd bugs, polished character builds (notably DDD, Olimar, ZSS, Pit, ICs)
Clone Engine before completion of the final project

Am I missing anything/mistaken anywhere?

Link40

Smash Cadet
It's unbelievable how you get shouted on this topic just because you make a critic >__>

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Forgive me if this suggestion has already been mentioned; I haven't had the time, nor the patience to read all the pages of this thread. That being said...

From what I understand, it's unlikely that the wild pokémon will receive unique Down Bs, because it would mean the Trainer not being able to switch out. However, if/when the Clone Engine is completed, would it be possible to clone Trainer, then alter his Down B? That way, it wouldn't interfere with Trainer's playstyle of switching out, and the wild pokémon would have their own useful Down Bs.

Just a thought.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I am actually all about the idea of PT being able to switch out quickly. It would give people a reason to play PT after the Wild Pokemon are fully polished. Besides, we all know that switchout combos would be tank as ****.

However, to encourage switching, I'd like to see a return to the fatigue system. With a much faster switchout, I would think that it would be less risky. Not to mention, if you want to main a singular pokemon, there's always the wild variants?

Also, are the Wild pokemon only going to have different DownBs and nothing else?

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
Forgive me if this suggestion has already been mentioned; I haven't had the time, nor the patience to read all the pages of this thread. That being said...

From what I understand, it's unlikely that the wild pokémon will receive unique Down Bs, because it would mean the Trainer not being able to switch out. However, if/when the Clone Engine is completed, would it be possible to clone Trainer, then alter his Down B? That way, it wouldn't interfere with Trainer's playstyle of switching out, and the wild pokémon would have their own useful Down Bs.

Just a thought.
Wouldn't the wild pokémon have to be cloned rather than the trainer?

Revven

FrankerZ
I am actually all about the idea of PT being able to switch out quickly. It would give people a reason to play PT after the Wild Pokemon are fully polished. Besides, we all know that switchout combos would be tank as ****.?
Too bad we can't fix switching because it deals with the loading and loading isn't something we can just change.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Wouldn't the wild pokémon have to be cloned rather than the trainer?
Does it matter?
The point is with a working clone engine what is curently limiting giving wild pokemon a new down b should be gone, unless I haven't taken something into account, but the devs will probably clear the matter for all of us after these posts.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
In the way of Beta: Landing Detection, DI, odd bugs, polished character builds (notably DDD, Olimar, ZSS, Pit, ICs)
Clone Engine before completion of the final project

Am I missing anything/mistaken anywhere?
Throws need to be worked on a lot too.

Revven

FrankerZ
Does it matter?
The point is with a working clone engine what is curently limiting giving wild pokemon a new down b should be gone, unless I haven't taken something into account, but the devs will probably clear the matter for all of us after these posts.
It is hard to patch a character's module for Dantarion so patching essentially three more characters' modules especially when they are ones that have transformation aspects attached to them will not be a walk in the park. As it is, Dantarion is having a hard time patching Lucario's and Pikachu's modules to get them to work as new slots!

It's kind of ridiculous to expect us to ask him to do three more slots just so wild pokemon can have a new move...

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
You guys should release project m for my birthday :). I'll be saying goodbye to my teen years, so something epic to start my twentys would be awesome. You guys have two months go go!

On a serious note though what is you design plan for pit, haven't heard or seen much about him?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Just curious, will this project come with different installation options like other projects have? (ex. homebrew, no homebrew, riivolution)

V-K

Smash Ace
Another question:
Are you guys making a changelist? Because otherwise we will see something like the text on the Smashmods Brawl+ area:

NOTE: We are currently working on a Brawl+ Gold character changelist.
lol as if

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i'm gonna assume your talking about his play style.....but then again, he IS one handsome turtle

he'd be even more handsome Melee sized...........plz? :(

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
What, and get rid of his new attack range? Just because you can't stand ANY change from Melee?
That's a bad assumption. I dislike bowser being so big as well. People need to realize that sometimes a preference isn't based on "OMG IT WASN'T LIKE THAT IN MELEE CHANGE IT NAO".

Of course, i couldn't care less about how big he ends up in the end.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
yes, i would give up a little bit of his range for him not to be one huge hurtbox

besides he doesn't necessarily need to loose range........hitboxes =/= hurtboxes

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Fact is that Bowser was still easy to combo in Melee, even with his smaller size. Making him smaller would only take away range from his attacks in exchange of being ever-so-slightly harder to juggle.
Plus, he's Bowser, he's supposed to be a hulking beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom