• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Hey, now that the demo has been released, could the code for hitscreams be posted? I opened the Fit____.pacs in the download, and I couldn't find anything in there about it. Could you post it, or if it is in the .pacs, could you tell me where so I can port it over to the other characters?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Question to the developers who had streams (it was one specific stream but I don't remember whose it was)

Can you post the versions of the Shadow and Super Sonic textures that you had that didn't desynch normal gameplay?

Revven

FrankerZ
Question to the developers who had streams (it was one specific stream but I don't remember whose it was)

Can you post the versions of the Shadow and Super Sonic textures that you had that didn't desynch normal gameplay?
Shadow: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=16023

Super Sonic: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=15604

There's a bunch of different Super Sonics out there but that one above his spines move (it's not using a motionetc by the way). That one I typically find to be the best right now just for that fact but you can find many other versions where the spines don't move and are static like Shadow's above. As far as I know, neither of those costumes desync WiFi but you never know.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
lol surprisingly those are the 2 textures i use.....best ones out there imo

I wonder when KTH is gonna make a Melee Sonic pack :/

and yea his Falcon v2 has a bugged entrance animation and raptor boost gfx......i asked him if he could fix it but.....i really can't understand him sometimes lol

/frenchpeople

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
So... Computers are completely ****** my face >_> I'm kinda really proud. Today my computer Falco actually used his >B to recover and I was all ":O :')"

kaizo13

Smash Champion
lol "my computer falco" double shined bair'd me........it made me pause the game and look around the room to see if there was anybody else in here

/no lies

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
It seems my stupid questions have reached their limit for attention lol, it's cool I know I'm a pain, I just have a thing about consistency with model sizes and how they're supposed to be, I've actually started making a custom fitmotionetc file for Link on PM that makes his TP model slightly smaller than the melee vertex that's out there just because I want it to be correct to the Zelda universe(OOT Link being taller and all)

So yea just ignore this lol

Ecks

Smash Lord
This.

Though sometimes Link gets a bit cheeky. God knows I raged the first time he UpB spiked me, twice.
He does this all the time! it's like he knows it's gonna kill you.

Any plans for a stream saturday? if yes, will it be non demo characters for the most part?

(I don't know if I'll be able to watch lol)

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
Link is seriously a beast now. I've been using him a lot and haved started pulling off some good combos I will upload sometime.

He has so many killing options now it's amazing. DAir FAir NAir UAir FSmash FTilt UpB and arrow. My friend started to get pissed and said whoever made Link obviously plays Ocarina of Time all day and favors zelda characters lmao.

He's not the greatest player but his shiek locks my movement down pretty hard. I seem to not be able to get out of my shield while he does tilts. If I try to grab he just ducks under it. I can't jump because link has a slow jump.

Having my cousin compare FTilt to a Tipper makes PM my new favorite smash bros game <3.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I think that Zelda has the potential to be the most annoying character in the demo, if she's not already there. Once people get skilled enough to control the whole stage with Din's Fire and then destroy you with annoying lightning kicks and electric smash attacks, it's done.

Also, thanks for the Sonic costumes. I think the full game would be out before I had time to go through every Shadow hack individually.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Link is seriously a beast now. I've been using him a lot and haved started pulling off some good combos I will upload sometime.

He has so many killing options now it's amazing. DAir FAir NAir UAir FSmash FTilt UpB and arrow. My friend started to get pissed and said whoever made Link obviously plays Ocarina of Time all day and favors zelda characters lmao.

He's not the greatest player but his shiek locks my movement down pretty hard. I seem to not be able to get out of my shield while he does tilts. If I try to grab he just ducks under it. I can't jump because link has a slow jump.

Having my cousin compare FTilt to a Tipper makes PM my new favorite smash bros game <3.
What's jump out of shield? Do you cancel guarding with a jump or am I analyzing that term too much? I've also heard of something called upB out of shield for Link but is there specific timing to make it come out quicker because it's slow as hell to start up for me.

And link's sidetilt is too slow for anything other than edgeguarding, when do you use it? And what about his dash attack? Anyone find a good time to use that?

Ecks

Smash Lord
I noticed zelda can grab the edge with up be (before she teleports) regardless if she is facing toward it. was that intentional?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
My friend started to get pissed and said whoever made Link obviously plays Ocarina of Time all day and favors zelda characters lmao.
Lawl.

And that's Link's disadvantage. And his recovery. Speedy characters can screw him up when they get in close. Now he just has the tools to make up for it. :awesome:

Haha. It's not that strong. ;)

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes I can get the side tilt off if a projectile hits right, a running attack can sometimes combo into it, wavedash to avoid an attack then use it, chase a roll, there are many ways.

FTilt has a lot of range. FSmash works pretty good as well in most the same situations.

As far as I know jumping out of a shield is just pressing jump while shielding.

I know the FTilt isn't tipper strong, he was just angry lol.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
Was anything modified about Battlefield for PM (aside from it's position on the stage selection screen)?

The only reason I ask is that I noticed there was already a pac file for it in the stage folder, and I kinda wanted to give battlefield a texture hack, so I was wondering if deleting the current pac would screw anything up.

Revven

FrankerZ
Was anything modified about Battlefield for PM (aside from it's position on the stage selection screen)?

The only reason I ask is that I noticed there was already a pac file for it in the stage folder, and I kinda wanted to give battlefield a texture hack, so I was wondering if deleting the current pac would screw anything up.
Yes, it would. The current Battlefield matches Melee's size and collisions (except for the underside of course). Deleting that would make it Brawl again, you need to import the textures of the BF stage into our pac if you want to use them.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Shiek's down-throw CG somewhat scares me... which is why I'm using Marth ^_^

Revven

FrankerZ
Quoting again for emphasis.
No, Dantarion has been busy with school as of lately and hasn't been able to do much of anything outside of website work. And we've been busy with constant support questions on the IRC this past week, so our progress in general since the demo release is slow.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it would. The current Battlefield matches Melee's size and collisions (except for the underside of course). Deleting that would make it Brawl again, you need to import the textures of the BF stage into our pac if you want to use them.
Ok, thanks for letting me know that. And just for future reference, what program would I use to modify a pac?

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
If I try to grab he just ducks under it.
This seems to happen a lot with Sheik, Snake, G&W, and Jiggs. Captain Falcon is wishing he were shorter lol

I think that Zelda has the potential to be the most annoying character in the demo, if she's not already there. Once people get skilled enough to control the whole stage with Din's Fire and then destroy you with annoying lightning kicks and electric smash attacks, it's done.
And she has metaknight's tornado :c definitely a ridiculously scary character to approach but her light weight is combo food

Revven

FrankerZ
There are no plans for Ice Climbers yet as we have decided to do them last due to how ridiculous they are to work with (because there's two of them for one .pac).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom