• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelue

Smash Lord
I suppose a mutually acceptable solution could exist (i am in the cipher is fine as is camp). More momentum carried out of the cipher would serve both needs.
The move really doesn't need changing, though

I R MarF

Smash Ace
So, if yall patched the demo soon and added new characters, who all would yall feel (the most) comfortable adding?

I can think of boozer, rob, wario and diddy right now from off the top of my head, based on what I've seen. Any others that feel close to completion to you guys?
I am not sure if the devs are considering having "character updade packs" but I would love to get my hands on some wario and diddy.

Speaking of which, how is Diddy? I assume you went by the "crap recovery = great ground game" rule? He is easily top tier material in the melee scene anyway. utilt, usmash, uthrow, nair, dasha, and uair make him a juggling god. fsmash, dsmash, fthrow, bthrow, fair, and bair seem like kill moves and bananas make him one of the best stage controllers next to Snake and Zelda.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
just saying as an extra KO option.....ur right in a sense that his KO's revolve around his explosives now, but should he be limited to just that?

i know everybody in here has tried to u-air out of cypher atleast once and failed
....yes, even you Ulevo :p
I like PM Snake but I feel that limiting his KO's exclusively around explosives is a bad idea in the long run.

In a related topic, can someone test something for me?
The AI Falco somehow managed to Fastfall tech a mine, avoiding damage from the explosion.

Can other characters do this?

Revven

FrankerZ
In a related topic, can someone test something for me?
The AI Falco somehow managed to Fastfall tech a mine, avoiding damage from the explosion.

Can other characters do this?
That was like that in vBrawl too, if you teched at the right time the mine wouldn't hit you because you're invinc during techstands and techrolls. So... yes other characters can do this. But because the mine hits aerial opponents now too (unlike before) teching right on top of it doesn't happen as often because you're not given the chance to tech it.

<<<<<<<<<3

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but wave-dash/land distance is affected by the angle of the ground you are wave-dashing/landing on, which wasn't the case in Melee (or at least, not to such an extreme extent).
Known and something we DO want to fix but haven't been able to.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
-The light press on the L/R buttons is screwing up my wavedashing. I know about the fix,however of plugging in the controller with the button held half in. Once I did that everything felt exactly like melee, especially Mario(i used Doc alot in melee).
Wait, that seriously works?

You're my hero.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So we had a Project M side tourney yesterday, was pretty cool.

My Snake got wrecked by a Mario, though seriously intense mindgames were had with DSmashing to make him think twice about approaching. Then I watched the same guy very nearly lose to a Sheik as Link, but won in the end.

Seriously, P:M is frigging epic.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I've always associated the SMB2 level theme more strongly with the idea of Mario than the SMB1 theme.

Mostly because it's my favourite NES Mario game. Metroidvania-esque Mario game? Yes, thank you.

Revven

FrankerZ
I haven't had that happen before, it probably matters if it's not the disc lol.

Also, look at how many Melee players entered PM. Pretty decent amount, too bad some of them got DQ'd because of time. Can we expect doubles to happen today or what?

Ulevo

Smash Master
I was hoping some of the bigger Melee names would have entered. But that's okay, it was still a decent amount. How was the exposure at the tournament? Did people enjoy it?

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Wait, that seriously works?

You're my hero.
Yes, if you hold in a button when you plug in the controller. That button is unable to register input. Meaning if you hold in R or L(or both) to where its not fully pressed. The input won't register when you light touch it. I just do it for R because i wavedash with R. I kept it for L because it helps with L-canceling(i l-cancel with L).Light touch L-cancel worked in melee, but light touch air-dodge didn't, thats why it may feel different to people. But I know people use different buttons, so whatever floats your boat.

0Room

Smash Lord
I played P:M at Pound 5, and I noticed something strange
I dunno why but I really got caught under every single stage available.

I dunno why that was [I play CF], but for some reason I just felt like when I upBd, I kept sliding during the "charge" animation.
Am I just bad, or is it just legitimately different from Melee recovery, even slightly?

Revven

FrankerZ
The fix was at Pound 5 (it was a fix to his momentum during it I think or something), so it's probably you messing up a bunch. It's exact to Melee right now I'm quite sure aside from the ledge grab being higher.

For those confused, the patch was used at Pound 5 but won't be out until Pound 5 is completely over.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Link has the third best projectile game in the game (behind falco and arguably/probably Mario) which is depressing considering that he has three projectiles. Three. He just isn't nimble enough to make full use of them like Mario and Falco can. I'm not saying he is bad at it, he just isn't as good at it.

I also can't agree with the statement that the bow is fantastic at gimping. You still have to read when they will pass your line of sight, you do still need a little time to wind up, and most characters want to recover low anyway. It is there, it is possible, but it is not "fantastic".

Link is a better character than his previous incarnations, but that isn't saying much by itself. I am open to being proven wrong about his character, but from here it just doesn't seem like he is even out of the bottom 4 in the demo. The cast is just too solid. Somebody has to be of the worst, right? They don't have to be bad, they just aren't as good, which is what I am saying.
Being a Link main(not a pro) and having played this demo a while, I have to agree, I can feel how characters like Mario and Zelda have something that can put them up against the likes of Fox and Falco easy, but with Link I don't feel there is anything, he is better, but I'd say he's still lacking some stuff to put him against the top tiers

That being said I'm gonna upload some videos of me and my friends playing the demo, we're not that good but whatever

The Upholder

Smash Journeyman
Nah, link is good. I was the only one who played him in the tourney, I got 13th. I lost to a marth who mains marth in melee(I'd only started playing link/pm that day) and to a falcon, who I felt like is link's worst match up (lives forever, somehow the usmash doesn't work). I also lost the first match to the falcon because of a glitch. I up bed near the edge at 14%, he shielded, and it pushed me off the stage and I just fell to my death while spinning. The marth I took a game off of, and then a couple dumb things happened game 3.

long story short, link very good, all though he still gets chain grabbed by shiek >_>, and even then, I was doing decently against vanz's sheik, the guy who won the tourney, I also did decently against lain's marth (he got 3rd), so I don't think Link is defficient in anything. My only complaint is that because of auto sweet spotting he grapple isn't worth **** for recovery, and even then it's less range than melee, or so it feels.

My set vs. phish it should be up at some point, so take a look and tell me what you think.

edit: I just learned how to bomb jump in this, way easier than melee, would have helped a ton at this.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Link also is hurt by landing detection, since most of his aerials hit too high. So he's not quite there yet :p

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, my biggest problem with Link is a universal issue that I hope eventually gets fixed.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
guys, i just got done watching some of the best melee ever before seen. looking to the future, able to watch matchups never before viable at this level of play, with characters all nearly at the same level, my eagerness remains immeasurable. here's to the future! AND PPMD with the JVs

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
This.

Seriously, I've never had so much fun with Link. I enjoyed him in Brawl and Melee, but he's a lot more fun in P:M. I think he's the fine the way he is at this point.

Mid tier for sure?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
guys, i just got done watching some of the best melee ever before seen. looking to the future, able to watch matchups never before viable at this level of play, with characters all nearly at the same level, my eagerness remains immeasurable. here's to the future! AND PPMD with the JVs
yeah I agree. After watching this stream I realize now just how far there is still left to go for Project Melee. We can do it though ;)

The Upholder

Smash Journeyman
I don't think any of link's aerials are hurt by landing detection except his bair and his uair. His uair because the hitbox comes out too high, and his bair because it's harder/impossible (not sure) to SH bair double jump. Might be possible, lots of other characters got fixed for that (mario's bair, ganon's bair).

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I don't think any of link's aerials are hurt by landing detection except his bair and his uair. His uair because the hitbox comes out too high, and his bair because it's harder/impossible (not sure) to SH bair double jump. Might be possible, lots of other characters got fixed for that (mario's bair, ganon's bair).
You forgot link's nair.

1. Go to training
  2. Change it to 1/4x speed
  3. Set camera to zoom
  4. Do nair
  5. Rage at landing detection

Revven

FrankerZ
That's how it is in Brawl, so yes, normally that is how it's supposed to be. In Melee? No, it's not supposed to do that. So whenever landing detection is fixed, so will that.

Rage at Sakurai a lot plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom